|
||||||
| Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#15 |
|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: FRS with 2jz, 2015 STI 9.68@147
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Posts: 673
Thanks: 374
Thanked 710 Times in 283 Posts
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
|
Appreciate that kindly. People tend to leave details out when voicing their case especially on this forum especially since everyone is so quick to blame the installer. A BRZ clutch is not rocket science and definitely not my first rodeo. I replaced one already and ate the cost of the part and labor to make the user happy since the clutch chatter and engagement issues were premature. Now another issue, on a different clutch, from a different manufacturer that I personally ran along with countless other cars I have done? Maybe the issue lies elsewhere.
Again thank you for bringing this to light. |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 10Series 0945
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Thanks: 35
Thanked 98 Times in 51 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Knowing that Prime installed a clutch, without any cost to the customer, is why I will travel from Queens to NJ for any serious work on my car. Might trade in my AT for a manual and will definitely go to them to get after market clutch installed.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
driving smoother faster
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Sold
Location: Some
Posts: 989
Thanks: 630
Thanked 471 Times in 286 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
|
While I didn't have it done for free, the same shop installed the ACT #7 clutch on my brand new FRS, it was very chattery from the beginning and went bad within a couple of months. I have been driving stick for 25 years. ACT was kind to refurbish under warranty at no cost and they mentioned cause "installation error". Search on this forum to find out how things worked out for me with this shop...incredibly bad experience dealing with problems...all were fixed and more work was done by moto-east and EFI Logics, couldn't be happier.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: NJ / NYC
Posts: 72
Thanks: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
So to keep this from getting into an argument about internet muscles ill state some of the facts from my side. I will leave it at that. I dont need to do business with you, but as many others have stated on this site, I think your shop doesnt have the technical skills needed to perform the modification you are doing, just my opinion.
Before we even started, I told you I had serious concerns about JR from his TurboTrix days. I own 2 evos and know of the floods of bad reviews on evoM, etc. I think hes in way over his head. You assured me he was one of the best tuners out there for the BRZ. I also had concerns when one of their guys, Mike or something, who was supposed to be a great tech left the shop. Also some advice, if you want to be taken as a serious shop, have an inhouse tuner. There were multiple times you told me you couldnt get a hold of JR because he was out doing his thing and he was just a contractor to your shop. What shop doesnt even have their own tuner on staff? I have driven a few other SC BRZ and they are leaps and bounds above what my tune is. I have complained to you multiple times about the tune being off, hesitation in the throttle, etc. You have blamed it in rattles in the clutch setting off the limp mode, MAF sensors, etc. I think the only part you havent blamed is the heated seats. Maybe when they are on, they cause the transmission to overheat and the car goes into limp mode? 1) When we started the build, I told you I wanted a streetable clutch. The clutch you gave me was horrible. Was installed wrong chattered, etc. You replaced it and lost money?!? YOU DIDNT DO THE JOB RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE! I dont care if you lost money. You replaced it with a competition clutch? I didnt want a competition clutch. I wanted a STREETABLE clutch, but I said whatever and just took the car. Im guessing when someone wants a road race car, you are going to upgrade them to a drag car and cry about how you lost money but its better? Give the customer what they want. 2) I did complain to you many times. I have text messages from September 21st, very frustrated. You claimed you didnt get my emails at that point. I told you there was grinding noises, very similar to the last clutch. You said there was no way it could be an installation issue. I am happy to post the screen shots. This isnt the first time you had told me you missed my emails. This isnt a daily driver car and I travel a bunch so its not like I can just bring the car to you or let you know problems immediately as I only notice it when I take the car out randomly. 3) My text to you about happy holidays was meant to be genuine and a private conversation starter. Figured we might be able to resolve this without taking it to the boards. You never responded. 4) As for my ability to drive a manual car. I have two modified evos still on the ORIGINAL stock clutches. I have an e36 m3 lightweight still on the original clutch. I have a 1999 355 still on the original clutch. I can keep listing my cars with the factory clutch in them. For some reason I guess I just dont know how to drive a BRZ in manual. Its so easy to blame the customer on a "wear item" isnt it? Also thanks dp1. I have had 2 other shops look at it and the consensus is what is stated in this thread. Installation issues. I will reach out to ACT and Jackson Racing as I think they make good products, but dont want them to get blasted due to bad shop performance. This will be my last post in this thread. I wont be going back to Prime Motoring. Prime, Dimitry, etc if you want to talk to you have my phone number.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
corolla specs/GTR looks
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: ooh oooh pretty tail lights
Location: slower than a accord V6
Posts: 490
Thanks: 229
Thanked 113 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
not vendor fault
ACT suuuucks
__________________
SOLD THEM BOTH
Hers: 2007 987S Mine: 2012 991S That was fun, thanks Hachi ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Junior
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: a car
Location: Probably at school
Posts: 4,341
Thanks: 3,184
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
|
Merry christmas y'all...
__________________
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Shifter sticking on neutral? | Young_makaveli | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 4 | 04-12-2014 01:16 PM |
| Throttle slightly sticking? | Dzeremijs | Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB | 13 | 02-01-2013 01:27 PM |
| Brakes Sticking when cold | Spd229 | Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing | 0 | 02-01-2013 08:54 AM |
| Clutch Masters Clutch Kits | Island Import Performance | IslandImportPerformance | Transmission and Driveline | 1 | 07-20-2012 12:06 PM |