follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #15
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsinpa View Post
1. drunk guy hits my car while i'm sleeping
2. drunk guy's insurance pays for my rental car
3. drunk guy's insurance wants to "cut off" my rental car because i've had it for like ~45 days or so
Tell him too bad, so sad, shouldn't have drank and drove in the first place.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
Karigan (05-15-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
Annahra

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
What is the shop telling you? That seems like a crazy long time for them to have your car.

Is this your shop, or the insurance company's shop? If the latter, I'd speak with a lawyer.
Annahra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Annahra For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-14-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Give the drunk guys insurance company the shop's phone number. Tell them you would be more than happy to terminate the rental car but you need them to get your car repaired.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
AVodka14

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
You should A.) Not be waiting this long to have your car repaired. B.) Should not have to communicate with anyone in regard to the processs. That is exactly why you have insurance as they are to take care of that for you (i.e. take the stress off of you). C.) Rental car should be covered as much as needed. D.) They either keep paying for your rental car or the FRS gets totaled. Stop the bleeding per se. E.) Get a lawyer F.) Send poop to the drunk driver's house!
AVodka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #19
frsinpa

Drives: fr-s!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVodka14 View Post
You should

E.) Get a lawyer
I'm taking care of that today.. going to get some legal help on trying to total this badboy.

It definitely needs to be totalled.. I checked out the car yesterday and it was a disaster.

Can't see it getting finished anytime soon.

Not sure if this lawyer knows the right buttons to push in order to get this bad boy totalled, but I definitely hope he does!

Insurance (Geico) was retarded for not totalling this thing instantly. Its clear that thing thing is a total loss.

Now they are basically forcing my hand to get that process handled.
frsinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #20
evomike

Drives: frs
how is it obviously a total loss, looking at the pics you posted i don't see it as a total loss. You chose your own shop correct? that could be where the problem lies it all could be on the shop and not geico. The only reason it is taking 70 plus days is the shop is incompetent the car needed a quarter panel and inner wheelhouse its really not that bad.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #21
frsinpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
how is it obviously a total loss, looking at the pics you posted i don't see it as a total loss. You chose your own shop correct? that could be where the problem lies it all could be on the shop and not geico. The only reason it is taking 70 plus days is the shop is incompetent the car needed a quarter panel and inner wheelhouse its really not that bad.
Lets say hypothetically that the job was quoted at 100 hours.

If it's ~70 days later and the job still isn't really even that close to done.. Wasn't the original estimate way off?

i.e. the job should really require 200 hours rather than 100, therefore increasing labor costs by double.

if labor is $50/hour and there is an additional 100 hours needed, that’s an extra $5K. Thus pushing it into total loss territory.

Basically, it seems like Geico or the body shop messed up this estimate completely.

The extent of body work that needs to be done is off the charts.

To me, it seems like there is a clear misalignment with the estimate and the actual work that needs to be done.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #22
evomike

the body shop messed up not geico the car really isn't that bad, 70 days is completely unacceptable for that hit. Your car is a fixer all day long judging from the pics, the estimate probably wasn't way off the shop just sucks. Body shops cant just make things up because they took to long and ask for more time because they fucked up. you seem to want to put all the blame on geico and it really looks like the shop has royally fucked up, and is giving you the run around and your off on your own now if you chose your own out of network shop. i wrote an estimate from the pics you posted and i cant get anywhere near 13k, i think you were fed a lies from a shop now they are squirming because they have to pay thousands in rental bills.
The Following User Says Thank You to evomike For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (05-15-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #23
frsinpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
the body shop messed up not geico the car really isn't that bad, 70 days is completely unacceptable for that hit. Your car is a fixer all day long judging from the pics, the estimate probably wasn't way off the shop just sucks. Body shops cant just make things up because they took to long and ask for more time because they fucked up. you seem to want to put all the blame on geico and it really looks like the shop has royally fucked up, and is giving you the run around and your off on your own now if you chose your own out of network shop. i wrote an estimate from the pics you posted and i cant get anywhere near 13k, i think you were fed a lies from a shop now they are squirming because they have to pay thousands in rental bills.
You sure about that? Here's some additional photos..

http://imgur.com/a/MFRII

There's major body damage that basically requires the whole rear end to be rebuilt. Plus other structural damage that isn't readily viewable in those photos.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #24
evomike

yeah its not that bad i do this every day, all the suspension pieces are dirt cheap. For the entire left side rear suspension including the subframe that probably still good, the quarter panel inner and outer im at 6k thats without blends and small stuff. honestly you got screwed by the shop there is no reason this car should have been in the shop this long or totaled.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #25
AVodka14

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsinpa View Post
I'm taking care of that today.. going to get some legal help on trying to total this badboy.

It definitely needs to be totalled.. I checked out the car yesterday and it was a disaster.

Can't see it getting finished anytime soon.

Not sure if this lawyer knows the right buttons to push in order to get this bad boy totalled, but I definitely hope he does!

Insurance (Geico) was retarded for not totalling this thing instantly. Its clear that thing thing is a total loss.

Now they are basically forcing my hand to get that process handled.
Yep. It sounds like you will have to put some effort into getting it totaled. I got hit in my tC years ago and the guy had Safe Auto. They paid me in $90 checks each month over the course of like 18 months or so to pay my deductible back. I let my insurance company handle of that for me. Otherwise I may have not got paid back. Ridiculous! Good luck man.
AVodka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #26
frsinpa

trust me, i definitely get that. at this point i'm beyond frustrated.. which is why i'm considering legal options
The Following User Says Thank You to frsinpa For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (05-15-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #27
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
If you do pursue legal options, make it clear to the insurance company that you are not satisfied with the quality of work and want to have it checked at another body shop to be sure.

I say this because I've been in the same boat. The body shop kept screwing around, I had an attorney write them a letter, and one week later the car was done! The paint quality was terrible, shit was barely put back together, etc... Basically they got the letter, half-assed the car, and rushed it out as soon as possible.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #28
evomike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
If you do pursue legal options, make it clear to the insurance company that you are not satisfied with the quality of work and want to have it checked at another body shop to be sure.

I say this because I've been in the same boat. The body shop kept screwing around, I had an attorney write them a letter, and one week later the car was done! The paint quality was terrible, shit was barely put back together, etc... Basically they got the letter, half-assed the car, and rushed it out as soon as possible.
here is where the problem lies he went to an out of network shop the insurance guarantee means nothing if you go to an out of network shop.