follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #29
KidWonder

Drives: 2004 Volkswagen Passat Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does someone know if there is any cup holders for the rear seat passengers? Thanks
KidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #30
pr0j

Drives: 2010 Forester X
i need to be able to fit my drumkit in it which is no problem except for the bass drum. i'm gonna take it down to the dealership and if it fits in the passanger seat i'll buy the car then and there
pr0j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #31
iggyhop9

Drives: 2009 Toyota Camry XLE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
Not to sound mean, but if you don't care about the backseat, why don't you already own a Miata?
I'm sorry, but that question doesn't make much sense. Just because I don't care about the back seat doesn't mean I should have a Miata. And I already said I'm not trying to be mean, so the testy retort wasn't necessary.
iggyhop9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #32
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWonder View Post
Does someone know if there is any cup holders for the rear seat passengers? Thanks

I truly hope you intended this as humour (if so, .) You do realize that no one bigger than an average 8 year old girl will fit back there with an average height (5'9"+) driver?
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
val_lixembeau

Drives: Acura RSX-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyhop9 View Post
I'm sorry, but that question doesn't make much sense. Just because I don't care about the back seat doesn't mean I should have a Miata. And I already said I'm not trying to be mean, so the testy retort wasn't necessary.
Whoah! You make it sound as though suggesting you should drive a Miata is mean somehow.

The Miata is the car on the market right now which is closest in spirit and size to the FT-86 trio, so it isn't at all a stretch to say that if you are searching for that kind of driving feel and performance, you might like (and therefore own) a Miata.

Don't think anyone was questioning your manhood or anything like that
val_lixembeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #34
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Drives: Marty's Hover Board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion FR-S View Post

I truly hope you intended this as humour (if so, .) You do realize that no one bigger than an average 8 year old girl will fit back there with an average height (5'9"+) driver?
or a twenty something year old asian guy with the body of an 8 year old haha jk. You cant even see the guys legs in the photo.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #35
iggyhop9

Quote:
Originally Posted by val_lixembeau View Post
Whoah! You make it sound as though suggesting you should drive a Miata is mean somehow.

The Miata is the car on the market right now which is closest in spirit and size to the FT-86 trio, so it isn't at all a stretch to say that if you are searching for that kind of driving feel and performance, you might like (and therefore own) a Miata.

Don't think anyone was questioning your manhood or anything like that
No malice intended towards the Miata at all. I was just debunking that asssumption. As for me, I have no interest in a Miata. Just personal preference, I guess.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #36
SHINCHU86

Drives: 98 z28 but i miss my ae86
im 5'11.5" and if i cant fit my twin 3 year old kids in their toddler seats (boosters soon)... i am SOL and cant get this car.

im going to bring a seat with me to the test drive when they hit dealers.
thats going to be the true test.

they (BARELY) fit in my 98 camaro at the moment.

if they cant sit in the back of the FR-S, i will be forced to buy a honda fit for daily, and a good old AE86 for track duty.
not a bad comprimise, i suppose.
sure its fast, but it drifts like a boat.
SHINCHU86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #37
HyperTech

Drives: Mazda3 2013 / Scion FR-S 2015
the back seat will be a permanent extension of my trunk, so nobody gonna seat on the back seat.
HyperTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #38
DRACHENV6

Drives: tata nano
[QUOTE=nrclptcnsmniak;91008]or a twenty something year old asian guy with the body of an 8 year old haha jk. You cant even see the guys legs in the photo.[/

ha...ha.. An asian stereotype under the guise of a joke.
DRACHENV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #39
iggyhop9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTech View Post
the back seat will be a permanent extension of my trunk, so nobody gonna seat on the back seat.
+1,000,000
My back seats will never be used.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
Craikeybaby

Drives: Mazda MX-5 NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWonder View Post
Kind of! The centre console actually extends to in-between the back seats, to the point that I think it would be easier to get to the cup holders from the back seats.

I'm 5'8 and have sat in the back seat (sorry, no images) the passenger seat had been moved forward a bit (still plenty of room for passenger), but it was more spacious than I was expecting.
Craikeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #41
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craikeybaby View Post
Kind of! The centre console actually extends to in-between the back seats, to the point that I think it would be easier to get to the cup holders from the back seats.

I'm 5'8 and have sat in the back seat (sorry, no images) the passenger seat had been moved forward a bit (still plenty of room for passenger), but it was more spacious than I was expecting.
But will it fit a infant carrier and base? My s13 will not without leaning the seat forward.
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #42
KAuss

Drives: 2005 X-Runner BSP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyhop9 View Post
He is far from being mean / testy in that post because I'm that demographic where if I didn't have to have a back seat I'd be driving a Miata right now...

Not saying you should be driving one but I know for a fact how much fun the Miata is, and this car has to live up to IT for me to even consider it... There was nothing I can say about the Miata in a negative light, not even the power... The short gears were plenty enough to overcome the lack of power by most standards... I can EASILY get speeding tickets in one if given the seat time...

P.S. Du-Ma Thanks for the pic man! Seeing 4 people in a FR-S is giving me hope yet! I see the knee, but really how BAD is the knee room back there and how tall was everyone?
KAuss is offline   Reply With Quote