follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #8009
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
This is why I wear all of my gear (boots and all) ALL the time. There have been too many people that come back saying the exact same thing you do. I learn from you guys and I will always wear all of my gear. Too many "squid" drivers out there. Not sure what they are trying to prove.
Yeah I have always been an "all gear; all the time" kinda guy. This past summer though i went down to pretty minimal gear in the summer as the highway temps get pretty high. A jacket is nice to shield the heat but the jacket i had been wearing at the time was too insulating and i was dehydrating like hell all the time and would walk into clients offices sweating... I was about to order a chest guard & arm guards literally the weekend I went down. And i always wore my boots but i left them in someones car and my regular shoes were at the office so i just tossed them on and went to meet a friend in tempe. Shit happens lol.

I still can't believe I didn't lose more skin considering i went down at highway speeds in a T-Shirt. I have almost never ridden without a jacket all my life but after daily driving in august etc in phoenix I said screw it in the deep summer until it cooled down again and then I was back to full gear. Its sad too because i never heard about these "cooling jackets" until AFTER my wreck. That would have been quite nice, i wouldn't have this scar on my arm now lol. Then again i am not really bothered by the scar in the first place so meh
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #8010
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It was a learning experience. Me and my friend decided to take on the challenge. 13 months to complete. Many 12 hour days working on it. Most parts that were not fabricated we picked up at swap meets, ace hardware and craigslist. The tubes mount to the down tubes are stacks of lithium nano batteries. People were confused because they couldn't find the battery that started the bike. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #8011
nelsmar

Evo sporty and no return throttle cable?! :P I took a friends daughter for a ride once and she kicked my carb and locked my throttle open. It was the most fun 15 seconds of my life trying to get her to quit screaming and kicking long enough for me to kill the throttle before the engine 'sploded since i didn't have a limiter on it lol. Pretty sick build man! A bunch of the xs guys run the lithium stacks as well, fucking yamaha decided to use an electromagnet for a generator =/ Cant kickstart w/o a battery...

Stance looks great on that. Backs are over rated!!! lol I would love to build a full rigid one of these days for casual riding but ill keep to my springed seat for daily. We def should get a beer :P
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Yruyur (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #8012
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Thanks!! Its actually an old ironhead. In fact sold it to a guy from tucson after I chewed the front exhaust valve and spit it out the exhaust pipe. So if anyone down there ever spots it let me know.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #8013
staycrushing

Drives: A Hot Mess
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
isnt keyboard,paint, tires and suspenshun flexin why we all here...LOL
I am sorry if I was arrogant

Ah, I see the asterisk applies here. @staycrushing, Nothing meant personally, but I think I did hit a nerve.

.swear I dindt MEAN to, but I'm a purist, and am sure you can appreciate that. is it possible I am older than you? I'm 40+

I stand by my statement, phat and pretty can be loud and fast. I just draw a line between looking fast and being fast, and if youre running with that and can be both, I respect fast, such is the nature of our beast. I only dial in as much camber as it makes me faster, dont care how it looks.

Not trying to hurt anyones feelings, but as 'cool' as a rocket bunny kit sounds, its just extra weight from where some guys see it. Wider is not always faster. lower is not always better. I just raised my front ride height and it sticks better.it makes me faster, dont care how it looks.

When I was a wee bit younger myself, I also bought g-effects and made my car heavy with biggish wheels, so its okay, really. we not as different as you think, brother. back then I was on what looks better,NOW...if it makes me faster, dont care how it looks.

Now looking back, my car was faster without all the side skirts n shit. I handled better at the limits, at my stock weight. I was a big fan of stillen and have lowered it, made it a heavy ride, I got head light covers, fancy license plate frame, chrome polsihed wheels with a LIP, painted it BRIGHT YELLOW, it even scrapes over speed bumps too, yo, so thats where I gained my perspective, I AM the guy who knows how to build low and slow too, been there done that. Just dont anymore.

the reason all the fat cars that have been on and off Vortechs dyno, the results they publish and testing performed is on a car that had OE sized/weight wheels for gear ratio 'advantage' clearly shows where cars with bigger wheels turn less power output both on a dynos and on the street.

your build looks amazing, when we gonna see you at track events? Its okay if its a show car and not being built for track, I have the same conversation with @Supermassive, our build goals are different, but we still friendly, so dont let my post upset you-okay?

I'm the guy who will tell you to your face that I see big wide tires on big shiney rims as excess rotational weight(I manage to tell supermassive this and he a big 6'4 hulk sized dude, I'm very comfy dispensing my purist advice, you may not like it and thats ok just dont be so mad when I pass you in a corner), not to say that 18s dont look fatter than my puny 17s. I took the 18s off my turboZ and put 16s on, cuz they are faster. Thats not to start with you, but its fact, they ARE heavier wheels, man, dont let my saying that get ya bent! I'm just trying to make points aboput how to make you faster, not fatter, sorry if that doesnt line up with your build plans and goals on how it looks.

we all work our fucking asses off to pay for parts, so welcome to the club.
Speed parts cost even more than ones that dont actually make ya faster, I swear, if I could do life all over I'd be a dyno shop owner.
fuck, $250 an HOUR, when folks are buying tunes and kits I helped develop, it can make one come off a bit arrogant I suppose, I invest hundreds of dollars for my own, and the communities benefit, so I know about the money hurt all too well, man. Its all done in the name of FASTER.
Its what allows you to rock all the weight still be fast, thanks to Vortech for remaining true to their purist roots(mike,Lance Brian, you guys rock)
without the Vortech or an FI solution, rocket bunny looses the rocket...

I do all my own work, and have some pretty cracked hands too
and I have nothing but HEART in my build too, so I can relate

maybe share some of your 'missile car' build, that sounds interesting too. I never doubted your talent and DO respect that youre committed to your build, and proud of it, its worth being proud of, and have your own direction. Youre a trend setter, and those of us who are in the forefront of anything all have haters. My fan club grows daily. Keep doing your thing, and dont let anyone get you down.

I'm also the guy who has yet to see a faster privately owned BRZ at the track...

Oh and my 1983 Turbo Z will never ever see V8, it has original tranny motor and upgraded turbonetics bearings

nothing wrong with wanting to see cars built faster than mine

now thats HOT, really HOT

Thats what I am REALLY here to see, tho your car is one of the best lookin ones I have seen.

I'm a dyno and boost whore at the most basal level, and theres lots to criticize there too. I built this one for track time, and for flying past cars that look better than mine. to each his own.
One day I will just put on the stock rims. I love a car that is a sleeper, one that looks stock, but all you will ever see really clearly, is my tail lights.

peace, love and axle grease,
-gem
lately I have just been getting fed up with the negative vibes since my magazine cover dropped and here is why:

1. I am NOT made of money, maybe its a hard concept to grasp that some kid in his early twenties managed to save up enough money to buy a new car and modify it, but it happened.

2. the amount of sponsors i have, i was at a vinyl shop in san gabriel area and some cholo looking dude started to yell at me cause he wanted to get stickers printed and not wait for mine to finish and said that i am full of shit for the amount of support that i have received and no one gets sponsored anymore... blah blah blah. (i look outside and he is driving an eg6... everyone has that car in my area... maybe if he built something a little more unique he wouldnt have to have rage episodes inside of tint/vinyl shops.)

3. the whole shop built and garage built thing... many people claim i never work on my car... hmmm.... i guess in todays world there are magically people that just want to work on cars for free for a sticker on a car, that isnt the case... i have received support from various shops with price breaks in labor (for paint/alignment/wheel and tire mounting) and also jordan innovations did help with the install of the supercharger in exchange for vortech to make them a direct distributor and authorized installer as well as media exposure through drifting.com/pasmag and any other media colabs i do. also these shops graciously let me use their lifts and tools whenever i need to work on the car, i cannot afford the high end tools they possess and thank them/clean up each and everytime i use their shops.

4. the whole "stance" thing about my car, i like how stretched tire looks, its like a girl in high heels... sure she may not be able to move as fast as she normally does but damn does she look good doing it. funny thing is i still can drive the hell out of the car and even occasionally slide it.

i do apologize for the outburst, but seriously the whole trash talk from instagram to facebook to side talk of people that "act like friends" its just steering me away from the community.

we all can build our cars how we want to, and you want speed which is rad. I had a 240sx with over 300whp that rips on pretty much anything i come across and slides like a champ. but i built the car for that.

the frs is a daily and another reason why i chose the vortech, it is a very well balanced kit with linear power delivery. i have no complaints with the kit and it fixes that annoying dead spot in the middle.

i know about the costs of speed parts and also fixing parts... just alone in motor internals, turbo and the diff in my 240 i spent over 7 grand... then this weekend i blew up my transmission and diff and my tie rods.

i just wish cars could be cars again, i used to separate cars from even girls and stuff, but now with the way how the so cal scene is, i said screw it and bring my girl to events now.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #8014
SMOKETREES
Lowered Lifestyle

Drives: Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Yeah I have always been an "all gear; all the time" kinda guy. This past summer though i went down to pretty minimal gear in the summer as the highway temps get pretty high. A jacket is nice to shield the heat but the jacket i had been wearing at the time was too insulating and i was dehydrating like hell all the time and would walk into clients offices sweating... I was about to order a chest guard & arm guards literally the weekend I went down. And i always wore my boots but i left them in someones car and my regular shoes were at the office so i just tossed them on and went to meet a friend in tempe. Shit happens lol.

I still can't believe I didn't lose more skin considering i went down at highway speeds in a T-Shirt. I have almost never ridden without a jacket all my life but after daily driving in august etc in phoenix I said screw it in the deep summer until it cooled down again and then I was back to full gear. Its sad too because i never heard about these "cooling jackets" until AFTER my wreck. That would have been quite nice, i wouldn't have this scar on my arm now lol. Then again i am not really bothered by the scar in the first place so meh
Glad your okay tho! My father has a badass RC51 but one day him n a couple work buddies went on a drive on cherry rd and truck pulled out and dads buddy went straight into truck, couldny prevent it and he lost his life. Ever since I've been scared to hop on a bike besides dirt bikes n what not since I rode dirt bike when I was little.
SMOKETREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #8015
SMOKETREES
Lowered Lifestyle

Garage
@staycrushing Your build is gorgoues and dont let flaming punk kill your vibe. keep up the good work. People will have a love/hate each other's rides. Just make your ride the way you want it. Next time your in AZ I wanna here the vortech with the borla headers! Also say you tucked up your shit your last drift event at least wheels are cheap and easy to replace. Buddies tie rode broke also at the last drift event held at firebird.

Ps- you should get an e85 tune and boost to 12 psi and get to just shy of 400 hp
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #8016
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
Thanks!! Its actually an old ironhead. In fact sold it to a guy from tucson after I chewed the front exhaust valve and spit it out the exhaust pipe. So if anyone down there ever spots it let me know.

Lol i feel like such an idiot, why the hell would i say that was an evo thats not even remotely close HAHAHAHA
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #8017
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKETREES View Post
Glad your okay tho! My father has a badass RC51 but one day him n a couple work buddies went on a drive on cherry rd and truck pulled out and dads buddy went straight into truck, couldny prevent it and he lost his life. Ever since I've been scared to hop on a bike besides dirt bikes n what not since I rode dirt bike when I was little.
Ouch man! thats brutal
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #8018
SMOKETREES
Lowered Lifestyle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Ouch man! thats brutal
Yeah it was man! Something that the whole fam won't forget. Close friend also so my dad and uncle sold their bikes the next day.....
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #8019
thesleeper

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Radium group buy ends in two days...
http://www.radiumauto.com/Radium-Cat...osit-P291.aspx
thesleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #8020
thesleeper

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Radium group buy ends in two days...
http://www.radiumauto.com/Radium-Cat...osit-P291.aspx
thesleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #8021
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Im in for pictures and pavs Saturday to meet some of you.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #8022
JesseE

Drives: LS Swapped BRZ
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Just moved to az and finally got settled.

do you guys have any weekly meets or anything coming up?
JesseE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JesseE For This Useful Post:
jeffsides (04-29-2013)

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum