follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #225
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I find tC owners are really annoying, I have had almost EVERY tC driver come up to my tail and try to race me. It almost feel like they are trying to prove that their less expensive tC with a 2.5 engine is the better scion
I usually just ignore them...
shu5892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shu5892001 For This Useful Post:
Kakawate (11-16-2013), tr1x5tuh (01-05-2014)
Old 04-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #226
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Lol i get this too had a couple civics try race me and i dont even have any mods yet. Its because people dont know about the car and what can we do about it the 86's look too sick.
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #227
HaveBlue

Drives: Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZboy View Post
There is more to life than straight line speed.
You might want to go check out some Cobalt SS 'ring times then, there, Capt. Derp. They were laying down laps slightly quicker than an Exige and a Cayman of that era, so they probably wouldn't have much trouble handing you your ass in the twisties either.

Just because it's domestic doesn't mean it can't handle. GM did its homework with that car and the engine in them is damn near bomb proof.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #228
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
You might want to go check out some Cobalt SS 'ring times then, there, Capt. Derp. They were laying down laps slightly quicker than an Exige and a Cayman of that era, so they probably wouldn't have much trouble handing you your ass in the twisties either.

Just because it's domestic doesn't mean it can't handle. GM did its homework with that car and the engine in them is damn near bomb proof.
At the end of the day, the Cobalt is still a 5MT fwd shitbox that got discontinued due to poor sales.

Last edited by Brzetto; 04-22-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brzetto For This Useful Post:
Cameronghanson (06-05-2013), kombatlion (04-23-2013), Ryeong86 (05-13-2013), shu5892001 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #229
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombatlion View Post
I have an FRS I live in Puerto Rico where there is turbos Mitsubishi mirage, hyundai accents, and some bad hondas. They look like crap sometimes but looks are deceiving. They can make their cars a lot faster than an FRS a lot cheaper even with me installing Turbo so I just dont race unless is circuit the car is slow straight so I really dont know all this fan boys talking about how fast is your FRS a mini van can kick our ass straight so stop lying please. Thanks!
Just did a couple of Google searches and minivans may be on par acceleration wise, but, they are not kicking anything. Put any slight curve into the mix and you will be leaving it in the FR-S dust wake. I own a 2011 Sienna SE and while it has a lot of horsepower on tap, it can be tricky putting it into practice.

I totally believe that looks are deceiving and you never know what someone is packing under their hood. But, I think that can be said of any car. I don't need to race someone on the street to enjoy my ride.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demandred7 For This Useful Post:
Ryeong86 (05-13-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #230
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Just did a couple of Google searches and minivans may be on par acceleration wise, but, they are not kicking anything. Put any slight curve into the mix and you will be leaving it in the FR-S dust wake. I own a 2011 Sienna SE and while it has a lot of horsepower on tap, it can be tricky putting it into practice.

I totally believe that looks are deceiving and you never know what someone is packing under their hood. But, I think that can be said of any car. I don't need to race someone on the street to enjoy my ride.
I agree with you I love my FRS but I know what my car is made for. Here there is people talking about how they kick this car butt in the light or highway and it just get me mad to see lies and fan boys talking. If you think that you beat a Genesis 2.0T with a stock FRS well the Genesis was a bad driver or he was just cruising. Unless you was in the track and beat his time that is normal behavior there.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #231
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Like I have said I love my car, I go to the street racing events here in PR just to watch others race I dont get involve in racing my car in a straight line.

When someone ask me to race him I tell him I only race circuit in the track he can meet me there or try to beat my recorded time.

I know what my car was made for, love the FRS but dont act like a fan boy. There is still miatas times that I cant beat yet. And I am not a profecional race driver but I had training and schools on driving by the feds and Army not just normal driving extreme driving to protect generals and dignitaries while on normal vehicles.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #232
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
D-bag in a vette behind me at a light off of a freeway ramp must have had something to prove to the chick he had shotgun. He felt the need to race around me and fly past me down the road. I may have quickly accelerated to the posted speed limit but didn't go over. I was too busy laughing at his "aggressive skills" while he was 100 yards ahead of me.
I know I'd get spanked by a vette and I'm too smart to street race so to me it's just funny to watch a grown man take bait like that. So glad I know better.

and a genesis this past sunday that had 4 people in the car kept trying to play with me on 97. I don't get it sometimes. You try, I don't mess with you, you speed off. We get near each other later on down the road and you keep trying. GET OVER YOURSELF!~ or don't because either way its funny to me.
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #233
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Was at a stop light yesterday when a lowered integra with a black hood revves on me. I tried to ignore it and took off at slow normal pace, even shifted to 2nd. But he floored it so I figured whatever and floored it too. Only pulled through 2nd before slowing down for cars around. Put maybe 1 car lengths on it. It sounded loud and if it's not a type R, I guess that's pretty quick. Anyway after slowing back to normal driving speed I turned to go into my complex and he followed. I took the other way around out of paranoia, but then met again in the garage area of my complex. Turns out either he or his buddy live there. Aaaaawkward. In retrospect later, I feel I should have gone up and said hi to a fellow car enthusiasts, but I panicked and just drove past and parked. Lol. I'll give him a heads up next time I see him.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #234
HaveBlue

Drives: Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
At the end of the day, the Cobalt is still a 5MT fwd shitbox that got discontinued due to poor sales.
And you still drive a shitbox Japanese sportscar, so you're in the same league.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #235
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
And you still drive a shitbox Japanese sportscar, so you're in the same league.
You couldn't be more wrong, the twins are better than the Cobalt could ever be. Better built and better equipped. GM fanboys are so funny, not only do they sound racist but they can't even come up with a good comeback plus their source of info comes directly from GM who are in fact known bullshitters and not even good at it. I'm sure you remember back when the Mustang V6 beat the Camaro V6 GM quickly changed the Camaro's hp rating on paper just to save face then a handful of idiots ate it up. Reality works differently, a 3523 lbs V6 Mustang still beats a 3850 lbs V6 Camaro. American car companies don't think Americans want non muscle performance but we do. If Ford made a sub 3000 lbs rwd performance coupe I'd consider buying it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brzetto For This Useful Post:
NEW FRS (05-19-2021), Ryeong86 (05-13-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #236
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong, the twins are better than the Cobalt could ever be. Better built and better equipped. GM fanboys are so funny, not only do they sound racist but they can't even come up with a good comeback plus their source of info comes directly from GM who are in fact known bullshitters and not even good at it. I'm sure you remember back when the Mustang V6 beat the Camaro V6 GM quickly changed the Camaro's hp rating on paper just to save face then a handful of idiots ate it up. Reality works differently, a 3523 lbs V6 Mustang still beats a 3850 lbs V6 Camaro. American car companies don't think Americans want non muscle performance but we do. If Ford made a sub 3000 lbs rwd performance coupe I'd consider buying it.
You've got some serious blinders on...the guy was spot on about the Cobalt SS...

And I'm no GM fan boy either...facts is facts...

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #237
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
You've got some serious blinders on...the guy was spot on about the Cobalt SS...

And I'm no GM fan boy either...facts is facts...

Yeah I'm sure they are. If you think the FRS is "jap crap" then why did you buy it?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #238
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Yeah I'm sure they are. If you think the FRS is "jap crap" then why did you buy it?
lol...where did I say the FR-S was "jap crap"???

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote