follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
suaveflooder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,295
Thanks: 2,708
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I posted a thread a little bit ago about something similar. You buy a used car it already has chips and such when you get it so you don't really think about it. When you buy a new car you notice EVERYTHING! Lol! Sucks for sure, but it happens. I've got two little chips on my bumper already. It adds character
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
Marcoscrdo
Senior Member
 
Marcoscrdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 761
Thanked 250 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
I posted a thread a little bit ago about something similar. You buy a used car it already has chips and such when you get it so you don't really think about it. When you buy a new car you notice EVERYTHING! Lol! Sucks for sure, but it happens. I've got two little chips on my bumper already. It adds character

Thanks, im going to pretend your profile picture thumbs up is attached with your post lol
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
ShoGun
Senior Member
 
ShoGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP 6MT
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 467
Thanks: 394
Thanked 192 Times in 92 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Seibon CF hood is ~$650. So if it's more than that you can justify an upgrade
__________________

2013 Subaru BRZ - SWP - 6MT
ShoGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
suaveflooder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,295
Thanks: 2,708
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoscrdo View Post
Thanks, im going to pretend your profile picture thumbs up is attached with your post lol
I took it right before I posted

Nah, sadly it just happens. I found a third chip today....lol. Oh well. She's gonna get pretty beat up when I start autoxing her.

I figure that I have two options. I park the car in the garage and she stays perfect or I beat the living piss out of her like she likes and she gets some chips.

Me personally, I'll take option two. Car is too much fun to let it rot on my garage
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late
 
Norkoastal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: #silenced crickets
Location: Norcal
Posts: 578
Thanks: 86
Thanked 152 Times in 101 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
How about fixing the chip then adding a clearbra to protect from additional damage? My clearbra is taking all kind of abuse from these crappy N. CA roads.. I've used small amount of touchup (bottom sie fender) using a toothpick.
__________________
CO>CA Cartel
Norkoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #20
Marcoscrdo
Senior Member
 
Marcoscrdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 761
Thanked 250 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)


Now i have to drive around with THAT!



Ugh no comment

But thanks for all the tips guys!

Yeah clear bra def sounds like a plan
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #21
OrbitalEllipses
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Attitude
Location: MD
Posts: 10,046
Thanks: 884
Thanked 4,890 Times in 2,903 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Did you see what was on my car at the meet? That's NOTHING compared to the monstrosity I suffered. Rock chips are horsecrap.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
IloveBaldEagles
Junior Member
 
IloveBaldEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Gray.
Location: VA.gina
Posts: 1,937
Thanks: 3,620
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
I honestly was expecting a chunk of paint missing and possibly a dent. But oh my god.
IloveBaldEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
Rayme
The Answer
 
Rayme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: Mazda 2
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 1,233
Thanks: 488
Thanked 661 Times in 315 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
__________________
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
swift996
Senior Member
 
swift996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 2,432
Thanks: 712
Thanked 955 Times in 545 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
I've got a similar chip around the same area. I plan to just dot some touch up paint on it.
__________________
Innovate Supercharged Black Limited BRZ 6-Speed MT(Build Thread)
2010 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan M6 w/550whp (Build Thread)

swift996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #25
BoostinIX
Gettin SIKKY sideways
 
BoostinIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: '97 S14.5 / '13 BRZ
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 1,136
Thanks: 280
Thanked 473 Times in 301 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
6k miles later of all beltway, mine's trashed. Just part of the game.
__________________
Instagram: BoostinIX



BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #26
briang0901
Senior Member
 
briang0901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: 2024 MT Toyota GR86
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
Thanks: 87
Thanked 96 Times in 63 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I must be blind cause that is the smallest blemish I've ever seen, why wouldn't you use touch-up to fix that...
__________________
2024 Toyota GR86
2013 Scion FR-S
briang0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
sierra
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Location: W. Australia
Posts: 1,203
Thanks: 336
Thanked 307 Times in 230 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I just ordered this because it's got the clear coat too.
My bonnet took a hit from a small rock and copped 3 small scratches and a dent but nobody can see it in the sun because it's too bright.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-Pai...E:L:OC:AU:3160
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
SneakyPete
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: slow
Location: USA
Posts: 35
Thanks: 181
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dude, that chip is tiny. Just use touch-up paint or pen to fix it. Just a tiny bit of paint will do (I recommend using a tooth-pick).
SneakyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ram Air hood? 6-Shift Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 6 03-29-2013 02:40 PM
Looking for Hood Dampers meant for CF hood. Vicious LED Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 3 12-31-2012 02:47 AM
Hood Scoop? joergasm Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 16 10-30-2012 04:53 PM
Chipped the paint on my 86 Ravine AUSTRALIA 49 08-13-2012 07:57 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.