follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #211
fluffy-reindeer-slayer

Drives: fr-s and tc2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Matt ive been calling this morning just getting the voicmail, ill give you guys a txt, the dealer is north park toyota of san antnonio, mine has been the only kit they have intalled thus far, and my car is there. if you contact them they should know what your talking about.
fluffy-reindeer-slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #212
TOYSTRY

Drives: 2008 scion tc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
Wheels arrived at the dealership today. Finally.

Taking the stock wheels to swap the sensors on Saturday. I'll have pics on Saturday, but it's VERY likely the car will be torn apart in the front so I'll just take rear/side shots.

Seriously, let's see the final product already.
TOYSTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #213
fluffy-reindeer-slayer

Drives: fr-s and tc2
i couldnt get to you via info@fivead.net because im on my phone so,ill try calling later again, thanks. young should have my # saved as well, ive been dealing with him mostley.
fluffy-reindeer-slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #214
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt View Post
I hope my dealer will get it right when mine comes in .... hopefully sometime this week:-)
@tnt - Tell your installer 2 things. Follow the directions to the letter and use the adhesion promoter. If these 2 simple steps are followed you should be ok.

Matt has spent lots of time refining/making extremely detailed instructions for this kit and the big red letters on the front page should clue your dealer in that they need to follow the instructions.

http://www.fivead.net/instructions/F...structions.pdf

@ekset - Today was the first time I went and looked at the new instructions, wow . Idiot proof now . Maybe not J&M proof though, they are in a class of their own. Anyways, Good Job :happy0180:! Was the red lettering created directly as a result of my situation?
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digital_assassin For This Useful Post:
tnt (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #215
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
@digital_assassin - talked to my sales rep to make sure they call 5 Axis to walk them through the installs
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #216
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYSTRY View Post

Seriously, let's see the final product already.
They aren't installed. It's been tough trying to find someone with a truck to help me haul the stock wheels to the dealership from the turbo shop and then dismount stock tires, remove sensors, remount stock tires, install sensors in new wheel, mount new tires to new wheels, then drive all 8 wheels/tires to the turbo shop and install the new wheels, then take the stock wheels back home.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #217
JTM

Drives: 2013 FRS-6MT Argento
Garage
Synack, which dealer do you need to take your wheels to?
JTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #218
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM View Post
Synack, which dealer do you need to take your wheels to?
Tejas Toyota

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #219
ekset

Drives: Five Axis Edition Toyota Prius
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_assassin View Post
@tnt - Tell your installer 2 things. Follow the directions to the letter and use the adhesion promoter. If these 2 simple steps are followed you should be ok.

Matt has spent lots of time refining/making extremely detailed instructions for this kit and the big red letters on the front page should clue your dealer in that they need to follow the instructions.

http://www.fivead.net/instructions/F...structions.pdf

@ekset - Today was the first time I went and looked at the new instructions, wow . Idiot proof now . Maybe not J&M proof though, they are in a class of their own. Anyways, Good Job :happy0180:! Was the red lettering created directly as a result of my situation?
@digital_assassin Thank you for sharing the link and for the props. The revision to the instructions was made based on some of the feedback we were receiving from our new dealers, considering that some are new to the aero kit/spoiler install process. We wanted to ensure that they had every question answered and to show them the right/wrong steps on key parts of the install. It has helped clear up questions, and also offers buyers/owners a way to double-check for correct install as well.

Everyone, dealers and owners alike, is very excited about the FR-S and the FIVE:AD aero kit/spoiler. For those that are new to the customization process at the dealer level our goal is to help educate them while showing them the benefits of FIVE:AD products.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone. And also, those who have been waiting for Whiteout and Argento orders should be arriving to dealerships by this week. Production is also catching up on all 7 colors as well. Thanks again for your patience and support everyone!
ekset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #220
ekset

Drives: Five Axis Edition Toyota Prius
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy-reindeer-slayer View Post
i couldnt get to you via info@fivead.net because im on my phone so,ill try calling later again, thanks. young should have my # saved as well, ive been dealing with him mostley.
No worries, sounds good! Keep us posted with any questions you may have at the e-mail link.

Thanks!
ekset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #221
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekset View Post
Whiteout and Argento orders should be arriving to dealerships by this week. Production is also catching up on all 7 colors as well. Thanks again for your patience and support everyone!
Maybe this thread can get back to pictures of Five:AD Edition vehicles in a week or two then If you've been on here lurking and have one post up.
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #222
Synack
Boosted

I hope to have multiple pictures on Saturday

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #223
CHOPPER
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Five Axis F*k Up ?

Dealership F*k Up

As an early adopter ( 1st 5 axis kit in Ontario Canada ) I took steps to protect myself from dealer incompetence and called Five Axis.

I was very impressed with the knowledge, attitude and aid provided by Five Axis with regard to paint match up and install info. Kudos to the staff !

Thinking I was well armed to fight dealer incompetence I provided ALL the information to my dealership.

Since Five Axis wont ship prepainted kits to Canada and due to the Argento paint match delays at Five axis mine had to be painted by the dealership.
I provided ALL the details for a proper paint match and bake from Five Axis experiences but - yep - the dealership didnt bother to pass the info to their body shop and my kit DOES NOT match the car.

As for the kit install - I had trouble with the dealership bureaucracy trying to get a proper install - the service manager refused to let me watch the install to ensure it was done correctly. I was allowed to talk to the installer and gave him obviously to much info to digest. My salesman was on my side and he tried to supervise the install . Finally the supervisor's boss allowed me to watch for 10 minutes and I saw a piece correctly installed.
Being reassured i left then returned when completed.

Yep - After a day or so - parts were buckling off the car. The 3m tape wasn't sticking, the front skirt was warped and gaps were all over the place.

Since I got my Argento Five Axis as a package - warranty required a complete re-install. Luckily while at the Mosport Racetrack I saw a good install ( A lowered FRS owned by the OWNER of a Toyota Scion dealership ) and asked who put the kit on. It was one of his shop employees.

Needless to say thats where I went for the warranty re-install (and it WAS done correctly) and thats where I will go in future for ANY dealership work (ugh - god forbid). That dealership welcomes clients in the shop area and the management cares about their clients.

My suggestion to buyers of Five Axis kits - go somewhere you have seen a properly installed kit and ensure the same guy does yours.

CHOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #224
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
@CHOPPER for the info
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote