follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2026, 11:07 AM   #169
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
First autocross of the year was on Saturday at NNJR SCCA!





DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2026, 02:13 PM   #170
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Went to the WDCR SCCA Test and Tune event. I was testing the new Bridgestone RE-71RZ and I really liked them. Pretty good wear and performance characteristics.

Neglected to take any real pics, so enjoy this one from the hotel, haha.



Tire wear looks pretty good! This is a front:



and a rear:




My fastest run:



Amy's fastest run:

DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2026, 10:27 AM   #171
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)


Autocross in the rain!
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2026, 04:28 PM   #172
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I swapped to 550/800 lb/in springs (up from 450/700 lb/in) and then I did autocross over the weekend. Broke an axle on my only dry run on Saturday but was fastest time of the day other than a kart on Sunday.









DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2026, 11:28 AM   #173
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
This past weekend was the 2026 Tire Rack SCCA Finger Lakes National Tour. I was selected to design the courses for the event which was a fun experience! We had four drivers running my car in two different classes. I ended up winning XA!



Here are my fastest runs from the weekend:



DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2026, 10:02 AM   #174
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Two autocrosses in a row last weekend! I made a tiny change after a recent TnT and the car is working better than ever! Nearly top PAX two days in a row and FTD both days


Philly on Saturday (sorry, forgot to connect my mic):



NYR on Sunday:
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2026, 10:08 AM   #175
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I got invited to the 2026 UMI Performance King of the Mountain event this past weekend and had an absolutely fantastic time! It's one of my favorite events of the year because it's pretty relaxed, TONS of cool cars, and a lot of fantastic people. The venue is pretty rad too, with fun courses and unique challenges.

After last year's event I've made some changes to my car, a bit more aero, a bit more tire, and a bit more refined suspension setup. I've gotta work on power for next year!

Friday went really well for me and I was able to pull off the top spot in my class, Late Model, over Denis Bucher and Dave Schotz. After the day was over I noticed my stock seat was broken and needed some repairs, thankfully we were able to gather a few folks up and get a welder and tools and I was able to fix the seat on site.



Saturday also went pretty well and I was able to put together another solid qualifying run and finished 2nd in Late Model for the weekend behind Denis and ahead of Dave.



Because of the forecasted storms, the shootout was pushed up from the evening to the afternoon. I was sitting pretty after qualifying, but needed to execute on great runs and get some lucky breaks as power became ever more relevant. I ended up getting through the first round of the shootout on pace, but the second round I was only third fastest. However, Denis hit a cone and dropped behind me so I was into the semi-finals against Dave! Dave laid down a flying first run and I knew I really needed to push. Push I did, and ended up slightly overshooting a corner and tagged a cone, taking me out of the fight. That resulted in me earning second place in class and walking home with a $1000 check! The finals ended up being heavily weather affected, but Shawn Krebsbach was on a tear again anyway and pulled off his third overall win!





DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2026, 12:08 PM   #176
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
My car made the trek out to SCCA Solo Nationals this year! The event was a blast, first time driving my own car at nationals since 2021, haha. We had fun in paddock at night with the underglow and had fun on course too! I ended up finishing 10th of 61 in XA, which makes me really happy considering the low level of prep of my car versus most of the class.





Here are my fastest runs:



DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2026, 10:09 AM   #177
DocWalt
Senior Member
 
DocWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 1,707 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Installed a Radium catchcan on the crankcase breather. Turned into an ~8 hour project for lots of silly reasons, none of which to do with the catchcan itself, haha.

DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MA86 ANNUAL CAR SHOW - PUB DOG: THE BIG ONE 2022 - September 18, 2022 in Columbia, MD JakeRogue Mid-Atlantic 41 10-03-2022 07:37 AM
2022 GR86 Premium Results @ Car and Driver Lightning Lap 2022 Competition Hachiroku GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) 13 02-12-2022 11:44 PM
2022 BRZ Limited Results @ Car and Driver Lightning Lap 2022 Competition Hachiroku BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics 20 02-10-2022 11:44 AM
2022 BRZ g e BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics 110 11-18-2020 09:15 AM
DocWalt's WRB BRZ DocWalt Member's Car Journals 72 10-27-2016 09:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.