follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2026, 03:58 PM   #15
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Lot's has been going on here.....lot's of testing, great news and nervousness....

The Barber race is happening, that's right September 25-27 I'll be at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, AL battling in the Legends class of the Toyota Gazoo Racing GR Cup series!

I'm supported by two great sponsors; CorsaCrew out of Leeds, AL for all your exotic and track car needs including track rentals and transport to events accross the US and Chin Track Days, the premier provider of track time in the United States.

I've also been overwhelmingly supported by donations from family, friends and the great motorsports community around me to make this happen.

I'm currently waiting for the series to confirm that I can use the #19, but since no one has used that number in the series, I think I will get that approval.

I was able to test he car at Barber a week ago and was very happy with the results, the car is now back at BSI Racing getting it's race prep. Now I am working with a Ginetta Cup driver on the SIM several times a week to be as prepared as I can be.

Check out my Will Conklin Racing Facebook page.

So yes, this is happening. My persistence and hard work have made this dream a reality. Wish me luck.

Streaming Live on YouTube @ GTWorld
Race #1: Saturday, September 26th @ 3:30PM CST
Race #2: Sunday, September 27th @ 10:40AM CST
Attached Images
        
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2026, 01:16 AM   #16
ric342
FR-S driver
 
ric342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Location: 805
Posts: 433
Thanks: 255
Thanked 87 Times in 58 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Nice, Im happy for you!! Enjoy the car as it was intended!!
__________________
mod on
ric342 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want Gen-2 Car for track car Scargod Want-To-Buy Requests 0 06-03-2025 08:55 PM
my car is at IAA good for track car project evomike BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 10 06-24-2021 01:46 PM
WTB: Track car build project - looking for a cosmetically/etc challenged car Dave-ROR Want-To-Buy Requests 0 12-12-2018 01:16 PM
Keep car N/A or buy another faster track car Sonolin Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 29 02-19-2014 04:13 PM
FT-86 to debut new GPS-track day technology for use on track and GT5! Hachiroku Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 17 01-30-2010 11:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.