follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2026, 11:50 AM   #24823
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
You mean you don't like the idea of your leaf blower enjoying a moist breeze when you're at 7500rpm?
Well, I've been using K&N filters for decades, so I'm pretty good at not over oiling, but still nice not to have to oil. I need to see if they have new airflow for my other cars. One for cabin air filter would be nice too.

Edit: just found the cabin washable filter on Amazon for $40.

Last edited by Sapphireho; 06-05-2026 at 12:21 PM.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2026, 02:30 PM   #24824
arpieb
Member
 
arpieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2026
Drives: 2022 BRZ Premium, Sapphire Blue
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Working through my track-prep checklist:


- Brake pads - DYNAMIC FRICTION Active Performance (F/R)
- 5W30 synthetic - Liqui Moly Full Synthetic
- DOT 4+ brake fluid change - RBF 600
- Dropped off spare rims to get RE71RS all around for dry track/autox
__________________
2022 Subaru BRZ Premium aka "Maggie" - Sapphire Blue, Stock (for now)
2023 Porsche Macan S - Papaya Orange, Stock
arpieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2026, 02:28 PM   #24825
RToyo86
Senior Member
 
RToyo86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Last piece of my suspension upgrades have been ordered. Super pro 20 mm front sway bar and 16 mm rear bar
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2026, 01:42 PM   #24826
Muskoka800
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Release Series 2#439
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 813
Thanks: 4
Thanked 186 Times in 153 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Will install the new bushings in the Hotchkis bars plus a general suspension once over.
Track day soon.
__________________
Edelbrock S/C with CSG 94 & 91 maps
TRD Short Shifter, CTS-V/EvoX Brembos
Ohlin’s R&T Dampers, Hotchkis F/R Bars, Blox LCA & Toe Arms
235F/245R Conti ECS on TRD/Enkei wheels (street),
245/40 sq. ECF on 17x8 720Form GTF2 wheels (track)
Muskoka800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2026, 04:49 PM   #24827
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Left my trunk popped and the light drained my battery. Third time I've done that.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2026, 10:42 AM   #24828
cmiovino
Senior Member
 
cmiovino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 494
Thanks: 43
Thanked 363 Times in 224 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Did a full paint refresh over the last 3-4 days.

Washed thoroughly. Used a clay mitt. Mother's cleaner wax to start as a base. Then 3 coats of Meguiar's liquid wax - which is the easiest wax I've ever applied. Did the windows really well too with a claybar and sealant. Re-blacked out all the trim and bumpers with Mothers Back to Black. Even detailed the wheels heavily and sealed those again too. Haven't done the engine bay and that might up next.

Reason for all this is our new autocross site here locally isn't the best. A lot of gravel. Enough the car probably doubled it's amount of rock chips. 200TW tires and gravel don't mix. It even broke my GoPro lens the first time we were there.

Just kinda wanted to get back to basics and clean up the car as best as possible. Really debating doing the 2nd event there this weekend. Sometimes you get so into racing, times, and pushing to the limit you start forgetting about things like detailing, car meets, etc.
__________________
2017 BRZ Limited Performance Pack - Steel Cities Region SCCA / North Hills Sports Car Club
cmiovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2026, 01:05 PM   #24829
smackrel
Full Throttle!
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: 17 CBSP Limited PP
Location: TPA
Posts: 131
Thanks: 119
Thanked 47 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Left my trunk popped and the light drained my battery. Third time I've done that.
Ain't that a MFer.

I swapped out all my bulbs for LEDs. I think I would have a chance that it wouldn't kill the battery.

The youngest daughter had a habit of not shutting the door to her truck fully and killed a couple batteries like that. I swapped in LEDs and hasn't happened since. Even when someone rummaged thru her truck overnight and left the door open when they were done.
smackrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2026, 10:21 PM   #24830
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackrel View Post
Ain't that a MFer.
What really sucked is I was on my way to drop my truck off early in the morning for service at the dealer. My wife was going to pick me up in the twin when she called and said it was dead. I had to take the dealer shuttle home, which took an hour. Luckily my battery is fairly new so charged up fine.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2026, 05:22 PM   #24831
RToyo86
Senior Member
 
RToyo86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Installed a radium PCV side catch can. Realized I'd have to pull battery to twist the canister off, so I ordered a drain kit instead.

RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2026, 10:26 AM   #24832
blsfrs
Senior Member
 
blsfrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Left my trunk popped and the light drained my battery. Third time I've done that.
I took my trunk bulb out. Problem solved.
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2026, 11:31 AM   #24833
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Yesterday I was driving my twin and it started to sprinkle. I turned the intermittent dial on the stalk and nothing. I thought, "great, intermittent wipers don't work.". I finally figured it out. It's been YEARS since I've turned the wipers on in that car.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2026, 12:58 PM   #24834
smackrel
Full Throttle!
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: 17 CBSP Limited PP
Location: TPA
Posts: 131
Thanks: 119
Thanked 47 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Coming from a long line of Hondas before my BRZ, I feel like the delay on the intermittent wipers leaves a lot to be desired here. The shortest interval is not short enough and the longest is waaaaay too long. Like I forget that the wipers are on too long......
smackrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2026, 04:32 PM   #24835
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackrel View Post
Coming from a long line of Hondas before my BRZ, I feel like the delay on the intermittent wipers leaves a lot to be desired here. The shortest interval is not short enough and the longest is waaaaay too long. Like I forget that the wipers are on too long......
I always felt like they could never be adequate. I mostly learned to drive in my E36, which didn't have intermittent. So I am forever just manually articulating the stick when I need them to do a swipe if the Rain-X isn't keeping up
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 06:35 AM   #24836
suzyj
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2018 86 GTS
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 92
Thanks: 48
Thanked 147 Times in 52 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My little 2018 86 hit 240,000km, so I treated it to new lower control arms, new tie-rod ends, new steering and sway bar bushings, new tyres (Bridgestone Potenza RE005 in 225/45R17), and new pads and rotors all round (DBA ones, to go with my big Brembo 4 pots).

Now it goes _exactly_ where I point it again.

Still on the original spark plugs.
suzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
:popcorn:, :popcorn: funny tags, nsfc, rice rice baby


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw My First FR-S Today Marrk Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 26 05-15-2013 12:40 PM
Got My Car Today!!!!! First 86!! #81 Juanito08 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 7 05-22-2012 04:54 PM
If my FRS was here already, today I would... bestwheelbase Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 101 05-12-2012 06:20 PM
Sat in a FRS today!! Ladnerd Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 04-30-2012 01:48 PM
Got my VIN today... Enemies BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 63 04-12-2012 10:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.