follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2026, 11:33 AM   #1
gcranston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 396
Thanks: 29
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
2013 Scion FRS track day build

SOLD


$10,000


Hey there FT86 Club! Some of you know that we moved north of the border this year. I had hoped to bring the racecar with us, but sadly the export/import process is not really practical for a car I'd want to keep registered and road legal. So I'm looking to sell the car and tire trailer.
The car is a 2013 Scion FRS, with the engine from a 2015 Subaru BRZ. There's about 60,000 miles on the engine. The chassis came from Florida. A previous owner ran it on NASA time trials, supercharged it, and spun a bearing. It's never seen snow or salt. The engine came from my previous car, after I found the wall at NHMS. We had to replace the timing cover and a couple cam solenoids, but otherwise the engine is solid. All fluids changed every spring, and only about 2 events per year. End of last season I developed a misfire (again at NHMS - I may never go back there). We traced that to a bad injector seal, and replaced all four direct injectors.

The car has the following mods:
-Sabelt Taurus full containment seats, on Planted bases
-OMP One six-point harnesses (stock 3pt belts still work)
-Four point rollbar, custom fab by Chris Howard. Rear interior trim is stripped, but the front interior trim is intact. Much more comfortable on the road that way.
-Red Shift Motorsports coilovers with swift 10k springs (dyno charts available)
-Adjustable rear LCAs (I forget the brand)
-Tracbox from Gerald Just Projects - enables pedal dance mode, defeat seatbelt chimes, reset tpms
-TRD chassis bracing
-Setrab oil cooler
-Password:JDM front strut tower brace; Cusco rear strut tower brace
-Ballast frame in the trunk to support up to 150lbm per COM rules, fabricated by Fasttrack
-949Racing steering wheel spacer - brings the wheel 2in. closer to the driver
-Slambert Hitch tow bar, mounts in rear tow hook points. Awesome piece of kit. Fully removable in minutes.
-Brake master cylinder brace
-Verus engineering fuel starvation door (reduces fuel starvation issues on long left-hand turns)
-Wide angle rear view and side view mirrors
-Quick release front bumper cover
-Modified fender garnish to vent engine bay
-Oversized shift knob (who doesn't like a big knob?)
-Touchscreen head unit from the Limited BRZ
-Trunk lid and spoiler from the Limited BRZ
-Lots of stickers for more horsepower
-Perrin gurney flap and tracspec hood louvers that haven't yet been installed.

I have the sets of wheels for it:
-RPF-1 17x9
-TE37 17x8
-Stock 17x7.5
None of the tires are really worth mentioning

I also have a tire and fuel trailer for it. I rebuilt the whole thing last year. Two new tires. Aluminum trailer boxes front and rear. Redid all the lighting and wiring. Added a front trailer jack. Holds 4 wheels plus 4 gas jugs (included). The rear box fits a floor jack, four jack stands, spare fluids, and two shallow tool trays. The front box holds larger tools and spares. Happy to include the jack and jack stands. It was built to fit.

I don't want to sell this car. I LOVE this car. She's taught me so much, and we've had amazing times together. But keeping it has become impractical. If I have to let it go, it would be great to keep it in the club. If you're interested or have other questions, let me know. Currently, the car is in Wareham, MA, and "available" to be seen if you want to check it out.

Mods: I know I don't have the pic with my username and the date in front of the item, but I've done my best and I'm hoping you can give me a pass on this one.
Attached Images
               

Last edited by gcranston; 06-11-2026 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Sold
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2026, 01:06 PM   #2
spcmafia
Senior Member
 
spcmafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Location: Stonington, Connecticut
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 1,605
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,098 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
This is a great deal. If you are open to it, I would be glad to discuss acquiring either TEs or RPF1s.
__________________
“God gave me an okay mind, but a really good ass, which can feel everything in a car.” Nikki Lauda
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2026, 02:03 PM   #3
gcranston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 396
Thanks: 29
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
This is a great deal. If you are open to it, I would be glad to discuss acquiring either TEs or RPF1s.
I hope you'll understand that I'd prefer to sell the whole thing as a package. However, if I wind up with a set of wheels leftover, I'm sure we can work something out.
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2026, 02:14 PM   #4
spcmafia
Senior Member
 
spcmafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Location: Stonington, Connecticut
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 1,605
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,098 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcranston View Post
I hope you'll understand that I'd prefer to sell the whole thing as a package. However, if I wind up with a set of wheels leftover, I'm sure we can work something out.
No worries, perfectly understandable. GLWTS!
__________________
“God gave me an okay mind, but a really good ass, which can feel everything in a car.” Nikki Lauda
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2026, 09:05 PM   #5
gcranston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 396
Thanks: 29
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sale pending.
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 04:32 PM   #6
gcranston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 396
Thanks: 29
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sold
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
car for sale, time trial, track day, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Scion FR-S Track build Vortech, KW, Brembo 6 GabeoHuncho Cars for Sale/Trade 0 02-13-2023 05:34 PM
2016 Canadian Track Day Adventures - Epic 5-day track event Slick CANADA 5 01-16-2016 08:49 PM
Super cheap track day? Super cheap track day!! Decay107 Northwest 8 04-05-2015 01:36 AM
Track Day: Upcoming Joey G Open Track Day for ADVANCED Drivers, Aug 20 NJMP Lightning AZP Installs NY / NJ / CT / PA 11 08-20-2012 11:31 PM
Track Day: Upcoming Joey G Open Track Day for ADVANCED Drivers, Aug 20 NJMP Lightning AZP Installs Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 0 08-14-2012 06:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.