Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cars for Sale/Trade (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   2013 Scion FRS track day build (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155850)

gcranston 05-19-2026 11:33 AM

2013 Scion FRS track day build
 
15 Attachment(s)
SOLD


$10,000


Hey there FT86 Club! Some of you know that we moved north of the border this year. I had hoped to bring the racecar with us, but sadly the export/import process is not really practical for a car I'd want to keep registered and road legal. So I'm looking to sell the car and tire trailer.
The car is a 2013 Scion FRS, with the engine from a 2015 Subaru BRZ. There's about 60,000 miles on the engine. The chassis came from Florida. A previous owner ran it on NASA time trials, supercharged it, and spun a bearing. It's never seen snow or salt. The engine came from my previous car, after I found the wall at NHMS. We had to replace the timing cover and a couple cam solenoids, but otherwise the engine is solid. All fluids changed every spring, and only about 2 events per year. End of last season I developed a misfire (again at NHMS - I may never go back there). We traced that to a bad injector seal, and replaced all four direct injectors.

The car has the following mods:
-Sabelt Taurus full containment seats, on Planted bases
-OMP One six-point harnesses (stock 3pt belts still work)
-Four point rollbar, custom fab by Chris Howard. Rear interior trim is stripped, but the front interior trim is intact. Much more comfortable on the road that way.
-Red Shift Motorsports coilovers with swift 10k springs (dyno charts available)
-Adjustable rear LCAs (I forget the brand)
-Tracbox from Gerald Just Projects - enables pedal dance mode, defeat seatbelt chimes, reset tpms
-TRD chassis bracing
-Setrab oil cooler
-Password:JDM front strut tower brace; Cusco rear strut tower brace
-Ballast frame in the trunk to support up to 150lbm per COM rules, fabricated by Fasttrack
-949Racing steering wheel spacer - brings the wheel 2in. closer to the driver
-Slambert Hitch tow bar, mounts in rear tow hook points. Awesome piece of kit. Fully removable in minutes.
-Brake master cylinder brace
-Verus engineering fuel starvation door (reduces fuel starvation issues on long left-hand turns)
-Wide angle rear view and side view mirrors
-Quick release front bumper cover
-Modified fender garnish to vent engine bay
-Oversized shift knob (who doesn't like a big knob?)
-Touchscreen head unit from the Limited BRZ
-Trunk lid and spoiler from the Limited BRZ
-Lots of stickers for more horsepower
-Perrin gurney flap and tracspec hood louvers that haven't yet been installed.

I have the sets of wheels for it:
-RPF-1 17x9
-TE37 17x8
-Stock 17x7.5
None of the tires are really worth mentioning

I also have a tire and fuel trailer for it. I rebuilt the whole thing last year. Two new tires. Aluminum trailer boxes front and rear. Redid all the lighting and wiring. Added a front trailer jack. Holds 4 wheels plus 4 gas jugs (included). The rear box fits a floor jack, four jack stands, spare fluids, and two shallow tool trays. The front box holds larger tools and spares. Happy to include the jack and jack stands. It was built to fit.

I don't want to sell this car. I LOVE this car. She's taught me so much, and we've had amazing times together. But keeping it has become impractical. If I have to let it go, it would be great to keep it in the club. If you're interested or have other questions, let me know. Currently, the car is in Wareham, MA, and "available" to be seen if you want to check it out.

Mods: I know I don't have the pic with my username and the date in front of the item, but I've done my best and I'm hoping you can give me a pass on this one.

spcmafia 05-19-2026 01:06 PM

This is a great deal. If you are open to it, I would be glad to discuss acquiring either TEs or RPF1s.

gcranston 05-19-2026 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3618926)
This is a great deal. If you are open to it, I would be glad to discuss acquiring either TEs or RPF1s.

I hope you'll understand that I'd prefer to sell the whole thing as a package. However, if I wind up with a set of wheels leftover, I'm sure we can work something out.

spcmafia 05-19-2026 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcranston (Post 3618928)
I hope you'll understand that I'd prefer to sell the whole thing as a package. However, if I wind up with a set of wheels leftover, I'm sure we can work something out.

No worries, perfectly understandable. GLWTS!

gcranston 05-22-2026 09:05 PM

Sale pending.

gcranston 06-11-2026 04:32 PM

Sold


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.