|
||||||
| Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2022
Drives: 2023 brz limited 6mt red
Location: Greenville sc
Posts: 184
Thanks: 165
Thanked 146 Times in 75 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Pad for Spirited street driving only no track or auto x use
Almost time for my 30k mile maintenance interval. Definitely upgrading brake fluid to higher boiling point. After reading countless threads of people wanting a dual purpose pad. I don’t care to track or auto x my daily driver. What I don’t like is I faded brakes up in the mountains easily and the initial oem bite to me is lack luster and too much pedal pressure to net slow down. Mind you I have ran hp+ Hawk on my 350z so I know about noise/dust. Seems like pads people mention one person says they’re great then another contradicts their findings. The ds2500 or csg cp pads or endless mx72 seem over priced but not out of the question. Hawk and ebc seem hit or miss on quality. Not like I go to the mountains all the time maybe once every six months. The daily hwy on off ramps.
Any input for no noise, minimal brake dust and longevity of rotors? I’d take more dust over noise if need be. Or am I better off the better fluid and see if oem pad fades again? Thanks
__________________
2023 brz red limited 6mt 10k miles ish
2009 Chrysler 5.7l hemi eagle 300c heritage edition 205k miles |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Famous Potatoes
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
|
I've ran DS2500 pads with DBA 4000 slotted and drilled rotors for 25000 miles on my street JRSC twin, and pads and discs still look great. They don't make a sound, grip fine cold, and have never faded on mountain drives. I don't use any of those silly thin metal shim things, just proper grease on back of pad.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,348
Thanks: 1,258
Thanked 906 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
|
I really liked EBC yellowstuff for spirited driving. They were a mistake using on the track though haha
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
If you don't mind 1-2m lead times, MX72+ from Blackhawk japan as a set are much less expensive than stock in the states.
I spend close to half from BHJ vs everyone else. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2018 BRZ
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,056
Thanks: 1,491
Thanked 888 Times in 513 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
|
Be careful with that now. With the extra tariffs and the end of the de-minimis exemption, it might end up costing a lot more. There's a story on the new GR forum about somebody getting hit with a hefty fee a week ago.
I was worried about it so ordered some track pads a couple of months ago (Project Mu 999, 2 front sets and 1 rear set). Turned out to be a good move. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Drives: BRZ
Location: CA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 75
Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Release Series 2#439
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 813
Thanks: 4
Thanked 186 Times in 153 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
Don’t be afraid to try the Stoptech ‘Sport’ pads.
I’ve run them for a few years for both lapping days and general driving. They hold up well and are less expensive than most however the first unplanned quick stop out of the driveway can tighten your sphincter.
__________________
Edelbrock S/C with CSG 94 & 91 maps
TRD Short Shifter, CTS-V/EvoX Brembos Ohlin’s R&T Dampers, Hotchkis F/R Bars, Blox LCA & Toe Arms 235F/245R Conti ECS on TRD/Enkei wheels (street), 245/40 sq. ECF on 17x8 720Form GTF2 wheels (track) |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Drives: BRZ
Location: CA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 75
Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
I wasn't a big fan of the Stoptech Sport pads on my TSX. Different car but pedal feel was just okay without some heat in them for DD and too much dust for me. I ended up switching to EBC reds and loved them. Less dust, firmer pedal, and better cold feel. For a spirted street pad I never hesitate to recommend EBC reds.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
Quote:
For us in Canada buying from the US is often the equivalent of your current situation buying from japan. We get hammered in the conversion rates plus import. I love supporting companies this side of the pond as much as possible but most US companies I've priced out pads from come up near 2x price for mx72+ vs buying them direct from japan. Sad days. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Safe oil temps for daily driving and spirited driving off the track? | MilkyWitness | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 15 | 06-12-2019 08:21 AM |
| Daily Driving/Spirited Driving Brakes | VABeachBRZ | Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing | 18 | 05-12-2017 04:11 PM |
| Best street /spirited driving coil overs - budget no issue | aBRZy305 | Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing | 7 | 11-25-2015 08:23 PM |
| Weight Reduction (budget diet) for daily/spirited driving | 1086 | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 86 | 03-22-2015 01:18 PM |
| Spirited 86 driving in Korea | ESBjiujitsu | FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum | 3 | 05-22-2012 02:47 AM |