follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2024, 06:33 AM   #15
RToyo86
Senior Member
 
RToyo86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
I used a 2012 Subaru Forester and got one off RockAuto
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2024, 09:40 AM   #16
Racecomp Engineering
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 5,522
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 7,419 Times in 3,035 Posts
Mentioned: 311 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
It's not very sexy, and a bit abstract for most. I've come to terms with my genius being underappreciated.
All the best geniuses are not very sexy, abstract, and underappreciated.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2024, 12:21 PM   #17
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
All the best geniuses are not very sexy, abstract, and underappreciated.

- Andrew
le sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
STi/TRD engine/trans are good too, just expensive by comparison.
I forgot to mention that I have them. They do allow/introduce a resonant peak at around 2500 RPM but it's only noticeable (to me) when holding the engine at that speed in neutral. I've never watched the engine/trans assembly while exciting that mode. Hopefully there are no long-term detrimental effects because they feel great otherwise.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2024, 01:21 PM   #18
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
You don't mind the numb, squishy clutch? Gawd... like driving an old semi.
It’s never bothered me but I may change the clutch master with the stiffer clutch.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2024, 08:53 PM   #19
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
All the best geniuses are not very sexy, abstract, and underappreciated.

- Andrew
Story of my life!
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2024, 07:08 AM   #20
RongTurnRacing
Senior Member
 
RongTurnRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Turbo
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 675
Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
Honestly I got my car with about 5k miles on it and I think the previous owner did the MTEC clutch spring (and the rest of the car was 100% stock which is odd). So it feels fine to me!

- Andrew
Is "MTEC" code for "I removed the OEM clutch spring thingy"?
RongTurnRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2024, 09:42 AM   #21
Racecomp Engineering
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 5,522
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 7,419 Times in 3,035 Posts
Mentioned: 311 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT-BRZ View Post
Is "MTEC" code for "I removed the OEM clutch spring thingy"?
Oh there's a spring there for sure! I'm just not sure if mine is OEM or that MTEC one.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2024, 05:27 PM   #22
RongTurnRacing
Senior Member
 
RongTurnRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Turbo
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 675
Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
Oh there's a spring there for sure! I'm just not sure if mine is OEM or that MTEC one.

- Andrew
OK. My OEM spring is gone with no replacement. Still not the old fashion hard pedal but closer to what I was used to.
RongTurnRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2024, 05:50 PM   #23
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT-BRZ View Post
OK. My OEM spring is gone with no replacement. Still not the old fashion hard pedal but closer to what I was used to.
You sound like just the candidate for my clutch slave mod. It addresses the root of the issue for us clutch snobs. I wish I hadn't lost the pedal-side perch for my assist spring or I would've reinstalled it long ago.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2024, 09:39 PM   #24
RongTurnRacing
Senior Member
 
RongTurnRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Turbo
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 675
Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
You sound like just the candidate for my clutch slave mod. It addresses the root of the issue for us clutch snobs. I wish I hadn't lost the pedal-side perch for my assist spring or I would've reinstalled it long ago.
Honestly, I was peer-pressured into doing it. I don't know that I see that much of a difference but I'm a big oaf so who knows.
RongTurnRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What mods have you done so far? Rossi AFRICA 148 11-16-2015 01:41 AM
FIRST MODS! karma003 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 53 03-20-2014 03:00 AM
hey new here, what mods have you done so far ?? missbrz Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 34 12-25-2013 09:15 PM
First Mods Skippman BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 7 02-11-2013 07:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.