Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   First 7 Must-Do Mods (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154799)

Mike Roadway 06-14-2024 02:55 PM

First 7 Must-Do Mods
 
Hey Twiners,

Here's my latest video where I share my recommended first seven mods to our BRZs and GR86s.

The big point is not unplugging the fake engine noise as mod one...but it's certainly on the top seven list.

Let me know what you all think and what your first seven mods were or are going to be!

Cheers,

Mike

https://youtu.be/pcjQSowXLGU?si=vDOa5P8hpE6GOnlE

gregbent31 08-06-2024 09:02 PM

Thanks for sharing

Ultramaroon 08-08-2024 01:27 AM

Why not just post the list of mods here, so we can discuss them? This is, after all, a forum.

dragoontwo 08-08-2024 06:22 AM

Because that wouldn't drive views and clicks the their channel. But you already knew that.

new2subaru 08-08-2024 06:48 AM

"Twiners" Heehee

Ultramaroon 08-08-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoontwo (Post 3607753)
Because that wouldn't drive views and clicks the their channel. But you already knew that.

Don't forget to like and subscribe! :bs:

series.trackday 08-12-2024 08:40 AM

I mean, he also posted a link to a video about second-gen cars in the part of the forum for first-gen cars, so...

Racecomp Engineering 10-10-2024 12:38 PM

My first 5 must do mods under $250 that I would do basically on day 2:

1. performance alignment (add camber bolts or OEM crash bolt)
2. Cusco heel/toe pedal
3. MTEC shifter springs
4. rear subframe inserts
5. rear diff mount inserts (removed front bottom)

Then next 5:

1. wheels and tires (properly sized and the right compound for your application)
2. suspension (properly selected for your application) with proper alignment
3. rear lower control arm
4. rear toe arm
5. MCA traction mod + rear trailing arm

Something like that. A few other bits I really like, but those are the things I'd be prioritizing if another BRZ/GR86 fell into my lap tomorrow.

- Andrew

Ultramaroon 10-10-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering (Post 3609363)
A few other bits I really like, but those are the things I'd be prioritizing if another BRZ/GR86 fell into my lap tomorrow.

- Andrew

You don't mind the numb, squishy clutch? Gawd... like driving an old semi.

Racecomp Engineering 10-10-2024 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3609369)
You don't mind the numb, squishy clutch? Gawd... like driving an old semi.

Honestly I got my car with about 5k miles on it and I think the previous owner did the MTEC clutch spring (and the rest of the car was 100% stock which is odd). So it feels fine to me!

- Andrew

Ultramaroon 10-10-2024 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering (Post 3609374)
Honestly I got my car with about 5k miles on it and I think the previous owner did the MTEC clutch spring (and the rest of the car was 100% stock which is odd). So it feels fine to me!

- Andrew

Gotcha. Well, I'll still plug my mod here. :D

Agree with you, next up would be performance alignment. I love the Pedders top hats. Just a little sprinkle to get it closer to neutral.

RToyo86 10-10-2024 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering (Post 3609363)
My first 5 must do mods under $250 that I would do basically on day 2:

Something like that. A few other bits I really like, but those are the things I'd be prioritizing if another BRZ/GR86 fell into my lap tomorrow.

- Andrew

I've got all those done except the subframe inserts :D
Rear shifter bushing is also good
Whiteline transmission bushing insert would be an immediate. STi/TRD engine/trans are good too, just expensive by comparison.






Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3609376)
Gotcha. Well, I'll still plug my mod here. :D

Agree with you, next up would be performance alignment. I love the Pedders top hats. Just a little sprinkle to get it closer to neutral.

I forgot I took mine out when I was diagnosing the clutch issue. Need to reinstall that!

Also quite happy with pedders. The added caster added a bit of steering weight for me. Wheel wants to pull to center faster If that makes sense.

Racecomp Engineering 10-10-2024 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3609376)
Gotcha. Well, I'll still plug my mod here. :D

How have I never heard of this mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3609376)
Agree with you, next up would be performance alignment. I love the Pedders top hats. Just a little sprinkle to get it closer to neutral.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3609381)
Also quite happy with pedders. The added caster added a bit of steering weight for me. Wheel wants to pull to center faster If that makes sense.

Almost put the pedders mounts in there. They're good stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3609381)
I've got all those done except the subframe inserts :D
Rear shifter bushing is also good
Whiteline transmission bushing insert would be an immediate. STi/TRD engine/trans are good too, just expensive by comparison.

Also good stuff! These little things do add up IMO.

- Andrew

Ultramaroon 10-10-2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering (Post 3609385)
How have I never heard of this mod.

It's not very sexy, and a bit abstract for most. I've come to terms with my genius being underappreciated.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.