follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 10-17-2022, 08:22 PM   #11243
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
also needs proper tune to support this system. I just couldn't deal with lack of support.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:24 PM   #11244
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
Now that I have a basic understanding of this thing I'm thinking about building my own.
I know the compressor is from a Cummins 11 liter diesel engine and I know the spec on the motor. I'm thinking it might be cool to make a 36 volt system. Since the motor speed is directly proportional to the voltage, I'm thinking that 36 volts should be good for 75,000 rpm which should be good for 7.5 lbs of boost. I think it would be worth trading some duration for more power. In normal driving I've never run out of boost with 24 volts. In reality you're never going to be boosted for more a few seconds on the street unless you want to go to jail and forfeit your car.

This thing is great. Everybody should have one!
If someone make a curated package, plug & play i could considere it
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:36 AM   #11245
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
also needs proper tune to support this system. I just couldn't deal with lack of support.

Assume he's running the OFT tune, which seems to be working. Don't know what would happen with higher boost, though.
Qwimby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 02:24 PM   #11246
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Oh boy! Got a new problem!

I started the car just to move it 20 feet into the garage. Car started but it didn't want to idle. I had to pump the gas to keep it running. It stalled and there's this noise coming from under the hood. Turns out, it's the ESC running. The car doesn't like to idle under boost. I had to turn it off.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but the car thermometer said 100 degrees. It's acting like the connector is disconnected from the switch.

Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?
I'll check it out in the morning when it cools down a bit.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 03:40 PM   #11247
Ezio

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Short to power, switch faulting to the on position. For some reason when the engine is running it's getting power, do you know if it's happening when the engine is turning over?
Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #11248
WNDSRFR

I can't tell if it's doing it when it's turning over. The starter noise overides the ESC noise.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:07 AM   #11249
WNDSRFR

HELP!

Does anybody have any idea what these wires do? The two conductor plug that goes nowhere is probably some sort test port or maybe a program port? I have no idea.
The other connector goes inside the car to the switch and the meter. Does anybody know which wires do what? Or am I completely on my own again? I think this is where my problem lies. Or God I hope it's not the controller.
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2022, 06:08 PM   #11250
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
HELP!

Does anybody have any idea what these wires do? The two conductor plug that goes nowhere is probably some sort test port or maybe a program port? I have no idea.
The other connector goes inside the car to the switch and the meter. Does anybody know which wires do what? Or am I completely on my own again? I think this is where my problem lies. Or God I hope it's not the controller.
I believe the other wires were for the alt charger which I believe was only ever necessary if you were tracking the kit. Basically it should just be a signal wire to tell the other charger when to start/stop charging the dump batteries.

As for it spooling up by itself, I could be wrong but I believe you said it comes on when the foot switch is unplugged. This is all my own speculation from here but that might mean that it is wired to trigger on a low signal / 0V on the signal wire or always on. The switch would then be a normally closed switch which would always be connecting the high signal (+5v or +12v) source to the signal wire thus turning the system off. When depressing the switch you would actually be opening the circuit giving the signal wire it's 0V and turning the system on. Again just my speculation. However if this is the case, you could check your harness to make sure it isn't frayed and/or grounding out against the body, or the switch or relay isn't sticking, and all the connections to make sure no pins have been pushed out of the connector blocks, or similar (not sure if your kit has a connector to the foot switch or if it is hardwired like mine). IMO those are the most likely source of failure, especially with all the tinkering you had to do recently. Following that would be the controllers internal circuitry, maybe check the fan wiring you recently replaced to make sure it isn't grounding against the case.
WNDSRFR (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 02:09 AM   #11251
Gums

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Similar Issue

Version 1.5 with aux charger and Procede

Had a similar issue with ESC running occasionally on startup.

Ended up bypassing the switch in the voltage display and replacing with a seperate switch that turned on both the ESC and Procede.

Start car with switch off and turn on when revs drop from initial startup whilst coasting. No Issues.

Small plug is for Aux Charger
Gums is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gums For This Useful Post:
WNDSRFR (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 07:39 AM   #11252
WNDSRFR

Thanks for the replies.
I checked all the wiring and connectors and everything looks fine. I disconnected the switch and pulled it back in same with the connector to the controller. Everything worked perfect all day yesterday. I'm thinking maybe it was just a glitch or maybe I kicked the connector on the switch.
But anyway, it's working but I'm keeping my eye on the meter ready to shut it off if anything happens.

This thing is great. Everyone should have one.
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
Gums (11-01-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 04:45 PM   #11253
Qwimby1

PC680 charge procedure

Trunk left open and battery dead. Disconnected all ESC connections out of caution and hooked up my digital charger but have a problem. 680 is a lead -acid so I'm using standard charge mode, 6 amps which is the mid setting due to the battery size, but its getting very little if any charge and the charger unit has switched off the charge at least once. I think I recall charging it a while back with no problem, and I think I mistakenly set if for AGM. I have the fully-charged battery that I took out of it when I installed the ESC, and could use it to jump start, but that's really scary looking at that ESC controller.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:05 PM   #11254
Qwimby1

Charger finally decided to do its thing. Fully charged after about 4 hours.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:04 AM   #11255
XCLR8

Drives: Silver
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
btw if anyone is interested I am selling the Vishnu tuning Procede V5 with full harness. I know some folks have used them before for adding a more progressive boost curve for the Phantom. So feel free to pm in interested firm at $300
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 11:36 PM   #11256
taiquach

Drives: 2013 scion fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
hi every body , i have a phantom esc rev 2 system for sale , the kit include evrything for installation with dump pack and starter batteries oddyssey 680 , the system is fully functional and look pretty good , i rarely engage it when i have it with my car , since i no longer have the car i will let it go for cheap , $1000 is my asking price and prefer a local sale , i can provide instructions for installation except tunning , i live in zip code 91790 , anyone interested can pm me. thanks
taiquach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive