follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-11-2022, 10:32 PM   #1
blakkoutdarko

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Raven)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would this be a bad exhaust setup for the sound im going for?

Im still kinda learning how different parts of the exhaust has an affect of the overall sound as does the brand of said part. I recently just got the Remark x Ft86 catback and just wanting a deep, rumbly growl from the twin, a setup that has that mature rumble when at idle in traffic/driving at low speeds but also a nice roar when stepping on the gas but not obnoxious at the same time. Nothing ricey and over dramatic. (If it helps i know a lot of owners of this community swear by the Tomei headers..but imho that’s not the sound im looking for to me that is the sound of rice. Im aware of the 3” tips which might make it a little louder. But below i just list an imaginary setup of the brands for the parts for a full exhaust setup or if i should just leave that part stock. Any experience with with these parts feel free to share.

Borla UEL Headers / MXP UEL Headers - Stock OP / maybe the free OP that comes with MXP UEL headers - Berk HFC Front Pipe / Stock - Stock Midpipe - Remark x FT86 SF Catback Quad Tip Exhaust? Not sure if this setup would need a resonator
blakkoutdarko is offline   Reply With Quote