follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2022, 10:22 PM   #1
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Owner Loyalty Coupon

I received a second recall letter from Subaru today concerning the transmission in our 2019 Ascent. Besides our Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, I’ve never had a vehicle with this many recall campaigns and I’m not counting the air-bag disaster that affected everything we drive. I went into the file folder to see which dealer did the first transmission recall so for consistency sake have them follow up. In the folder, I found the letter that accompanied the check for $500 to be used towards the purchase of the Ascent using the VIN of our 2014 Forester as the qualifier. I did not get one to purchase the 2017 BRZ. Would it be unreasonable to pursue getting a coupon for the purchase of the 2022 BRZ or am I being a little greedy guts? Someone told me the Loyalty Coupon is a “One and done” situation. I can’t remember what I did to connect to the right department the first time around, but I do have a phone number.
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:36 AM   #2
BRZ549

Drives: '90 TA, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol
Go ahead and call. The last (and only) new Subaru i bought before ordering my BRZ was our 2003 WRX (which i still have). Did most of the maintenance myself but have purchased parts and had it serviced at the dealership a few times over the years. Worst they can say is NO (or HELL NO). But i'd say you have a fair shot.
BRZ549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:01 PM   #3
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
I went to a recent car show with the hopes of seeing stuff not usually found at the dealers. That is, as if there are even cars for sale in their showroom or lot. I saw the Subaru Solterra and the Toyota BZ4x, the latter being locked up and roped off. Got to climb all over the new Subaru electric car and I think that it ticks enough check boxes that I will see about getting one down the road. It is kind of like an EV Forester. I was talking to the factory guy who also showed me the new WRX and seeing me as an enthusiast, showed me a bunch of stuff that I had not seen before. I did ask him if Subaru had any incentive programs going and he said that I could call to see if I qualify for anything. I did make an inquiry and in short order I was issued a loyalty coupon, but I won't say how much here. More than I expected if at all. I thought about it for a while and then I realized that we bought a Forester, BRZ and an Ascent and we did not go cheap on the available add-on services. I am guessing that had something to do with it. I would have to say that in the last nine years, the service and support we have received from Subaru has been very good. Excellent if I had to compare to some regrettable choices with other manufacturers. Counting the days until my new BRZ arrives. So are my buddies who want me to just shut up about it.
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flarpswitch For This Useful Post:
trippinbillies40 (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #4
trippinbillies40

Drives: '22 WRB
Thanked 1,213 Times in 400 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarpswitch View Post
I went to a recent car show with the hopes of seeing stuff not usually found at the dealers. That is, as if there are even cars for sale in their showroom or lot. I saw the Subaru Solterra and the Toyota BZ4x, the latter being locked up and roped off. Got to climb all over the new Subaru electric car and I think that it ticks enough check boxes that I will see about getting one down the road. It is kind of like an EV Forester. I was talking to the factory guy who also showed me the new WRX and seeing me as an enthusiast, showed me a bunch of stuff that I had not seen before. I did ask him if Subaru had any incentive programs going and he said that I could call to see if I qualify for anything. I did make an inquiry and in short order I was issued a loyalty coupon, but I won't say how much here. More than I expected if at all. I thought about it for a while and then I realized that we bought a Forester, BRZ and an Ascent and we did not go cheap on the available add-on services. I am guessing that had something to do with it. I would have to say that in the last nine years, the service and support we have received from Subaru has been very good. Excellent if I had to compare to some regrettable choices with other manufacturers. Counting the days until my new BRZ arrives. So are my buddies who want me to just shut up about it.
::waves:: I was probably the factory guy Glad you got hooked up with an OLI!
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote