|
||||||
| Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Thanks
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 4,163
Thanks: 5,989
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
|
Other Enthusiasts Suck
Was driving home from work today and ended up behind a Lotus Evora 400. But we were stuck in a small traffic. The a mini cooper something white with red accents came up behind us.
Took my exit, Lotus stayed on, Mini came with. So we had a "spirited drive" for maybe 5 miles. Not street racing or lining up and doing pulls. Anyway at whatever point we both slowed down and I was about to exit. I wanted to just give the guy a friendly wave and in response he gives me a thumbs down. This is not the first kind of experience I have like this. I guess a big reason I love the track. No matter what you drive, how it looks, or how fast or slow you drive it everyone is just having a good time. It seems very hard to find people like that outside of the track.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2017 BRZ
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,291
Thanks: 1,260
Thanked 2,933 Times in 1,716 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Wave and smile anyway. Went to a meet-up yesterday, may be my last. Primary purpose was to exchange some green for some parts, but figured I'd give it a shot. Not sure that's my kind of crowd - proud of lowballing while also complaining about it, putting mismatched parts (like brake calipers) on the car because 'bigger is better' ... not to mention how they treat women... sigh.
__________________
Second chance build... or whatever it is.
Last edited by cjd; 05-28-2018 at 11:18 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Anti stance.
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: 17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. RE-71RS
Location: Not Canada
Posts: 1,756
Thanks: 939
Thanked 1,026 Times in 582 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
|
Maybe he thought you were bad at driving.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Airborne at your service
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 6,422
Thanks: 4,582
Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,995 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
|
I get it all the time from challengers, mustangs, and cameros all the time. Some jackass in a challenger came speeding up behind me on some residential roads a few days ago and was riding my ass. I brake checked him and he backed off. But come the stop sign, he just blows right through it as I'm turning. Not sure what that accomplished other than being illegal. But it happens enough to be annoying.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,029
Thanks: 11,347
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
|
Whether its this car or other cars, I've mostly stopped caring. I get the occasional thumbs up or wave, which I wave back in turn as thanks.
Otherwise, I've stopped going to meets and the like. Too much ego and immaturity from all ages. I just stick to a small group of friends and driving group now. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Panda Trueno
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: No twin now.
Location: North Indiana
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
|
Probably slowing him down from his own spirited driving in your slow ass brz.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Geo Tyrebighter Esq
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Location: pnw
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 6,780
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,296 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
|
My neighbor has a 60's MGB he imported from England years ago.
Never waves back when we pass around the local village. We have beers on the deck looking at the views. Never thought to ask him why he doesn't wave. Don't think it's important. Don't think he does either. I got used to giving a wave to other bikers passing by years ago and it's continued on to the twins. Never waved at anyone from the Grand Caravan though and didn't expect it.
__________________
--
"I gotta rock." -- Charley Brown |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Thanks
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 4,163
Thanks: 5,989
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
|
If it was about being slow and bad he could have just pass and dust me its two lanes and i wasn't doing that cut across lanes to get the racing line on the street stuff. Spirited driving is not 10/10 driving imo, maybe that's where i differ from some of these/you guys.
I think it better keep my street driving alone these days
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
Is it possible that your 7/10 is his 9/10 and he thought you were driving over the top? I've had that misunderstanding.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
Quote:
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
The Dictater
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Thanks
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 4,163
Thanks: 5,989
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
|
The last thumbs up I gave to a truck was technically not a truck it was a completely murdered out Ridgeline with bed cover, looked nice. I bet he gets thumbs down from diesel guys haha
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Maybe you had your turn signal ON the whole time ??…….
![]() (oh, that would be me ….. )humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| I suck at driving... 8km/L that sucks | Mikeez | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 105 | 01-02-2015 07:05 PM |
| these stock pads suck... | Roadcone | Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing | 9 | 06-03-2014 12:38 PM |
| All my LED's installed, they suck. | Yruyur | Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) | 26 | 04-14-2013 07:23 PM |
| well this may suck. | Mikes86 | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 33 | 12-29-2012 02:35 PM |