follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #29
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Drives: 2013 Sterling Silver Metallic BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, problem solved.

Was the the mechanics today doing a tire changeover. They found nothing, as I’m leaving the lot, it happens again.

Mechanic peeks in the engine bay...... I have Velox (now verus) fuel rail covers. One the bolts was backing out and loose and rattling.

Smh.

Thanks anyways everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IG: @ANTHONYSESTITO
brzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brzzy For This Useful Post:
bcj (11-24-2017), humfrz (11-24-2017), Ultramaroon (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 12:41 AM   #30
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,986 Times in 16,484 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzzy View Post
Well, problem solved.

Was the the mechanics today doing a tire changeover. They found nothing, as I’m leaving the lot, it happens again.

Mechanic peeks in the engine bay...... I have Velox (now verus) fuel rail covers. One the bolts was backing out and loose and rattling.

Smh.

Thanks anyways everyone.

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.

Well, like they say in the old country ........ when you play you pay ........

"Reduce weight from the extremely heavy FA20 engine while adding a bit of color to the engine bay. These brackets remove the large and bulky factory steel pieces in the engine bay. The passenger side fuel rail cover / ECU bracket removes 2 lbs 7 oz alone while the driver's side bracket removes just under 2 lbs as well!"

I should ...... ...... you for not telling us about that mod. But, since it's thanksgiving ...... I'll let it go ....... this time ......

humfrz

PS - where in the hell is "Vaughan" - because, we are going to have to keep an eye on you ......
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #31
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post

"Reduce weight from the extremely heavy FA20 engine while adding a bit of color to the engine bay. These brackets remove the large and bulky factory steel pieces in the engine bay. The passenger side fuel rail cover / ECU bracket removes 2 lbs 7 oz alone while the driver's side bracket removes just under 2 lbs as well!"

I should ...... ...... you for not telling us about that mod. But, since it's thanksgiving ...... I'll let it go ....... this time ......

humfrz

PS - where in the hell is "Vaughan" - because, we are going to have to keep an eye on you ......

To tell you the truth that was literally the last thing I would ever check for. Hence, I left it out. The sound was Les of a scrape than a rattle which led me to look in other places - never in a million years would I think that bolt would back out given how long it’s been in there and in there good.

And yeah it’s a hyped up piece but whatever. When you need to get free shipping some times you buy useless shit to fill the cart lol

Vaughan, I’m like 20 mins north of the city (Toronto) and I’m across the street from wonderland. Not too many twins in this area. A lot that I see sometimes just passing thru the area. And a few that are just stock, no mods, not even a wave back or anything.

I usually end up at a few meets and track days here and there and I’m often in the city or out and about in Vaughan.

The Following User Says Thank You to brzzy For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #32
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Quote:

humfrz

Also just noticed you’re in the USA so my spiel about where Vaughan is was probably alien to you - my apologies.

I’m in Canada. Vaughan is a city just north of Toronto.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:09 AM   #33
humfrz

Quote:
To tell you the truth that was literally the last thing I would ever check for. Hence, I left it out. The sound was Les of a scrape than a rattle which led me to look in other places - never in a million years would I think that bolt would back out given how long it’s been in there and in there good.

And yeah it’s a hyped up piece but whatever. When you need to get free shipping some times you buy useless shit to fill the cart lol

Vaughan, I’m like 20 mins north of the city (Toronto) and I’m across the street from wonderland. Not too many twins in this area. A lot that I see sometimes just passing thru the area. And a few that are just stock, no mods, not even a wave back or anything.

I usually end up at a few meets and track days here and there and I’m often in the city or out and about in Vaughan.

Well, it seems once a nut or bolt is loosened from the factory placement, there is a chance of it coming lose.

Back-in-the-day ....... when they used gaskets between things and lock washers on nuts and bolts, things that were taken apart, stayed together better when put back on.

Now days, they seem to slap some goop between things and torque down the nuts or bolts, thinking nobody is ever going to take the part off.

humfrz
Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 AM   #34
humfrz

Quote:
Also just noticed you’re in the USA so my spiel about where Vaughan is was probably alien to you - my apologies.

I’m in Canada. Vaughan is a city just north of Toronto.

Ahhhh haaaa !!..... got you on the scope ......

I'm going to ask ol @Cole to run up and check on you from time to time.

Now, be advised, ol Cole leads a straight and narrow life so, I suggest you be on your best behavior ....... and keep your nuts and bolts tight.

humfrz
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #35
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Quote:
Ahhhh haaaa !!..... got you on the scope ......

I'm going to ask ol @Cole to run up and check on you from time to time.

Now, be advised, ol Cole leads a straight and narrow life so, I suggest you be on your best behavior ....... and keep your nuts and bolts tight.

humfrz

Ha! Thanks for the heads up lol

humfrz (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #36
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

This is why it is important to list ALL your mods when asking about an issue. May be the last thing you would think of but the very first place somebody else may say to look.

I was through Brampton and Vaughan about 4 times this summer and did not spot one single other twin. The way people talk I thought I would be surrounded by them all the time but nothing appeared.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #37
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
This is why it is important to list ALL your mods when asking about an issue. May be the last thing you would think of but the very first place somebody else may say to look.

I was through Brampton and Vaughan about 4 times this summer and did not spot one single other twin. The way people talk I thought I would be surrounded by them all the time but nothing appeared.

I totally forgot about that part TBH - My mistake.

Yeah I see very few around here. I’m always in the wonderland area because I live and work near that intersection right off the 400. Often when there’s meets I see a lot of guys from up north stopping at the gas stations along the way but otherwise next to nothing here. A lot more STI’s and Ferrari’s then anything else.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #38
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,619 Times in 18,982 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
@brzzy, you strike me as a super cool, considerate guy. Thanks for following up.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #39
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
@brzzy, you strike me as a super cool, considerate guy. Thanks for following up.

I try haha.

Ultramaroon (11-24-2017)