follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #10473
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Hah no two stage then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last little update. There was a wire that was disconnected inside the controller. When system would heat up the controller lost connection it would seem so that got re-soldered and so far issues are resolved. I'm loving the procede over the pedal switch E85 is nice too 😜

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aztec For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-07-2017), Target70 (08-07-2017), Teseo (08-08-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #10474
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Last little update. There was a wire that was disconnected inside the controller. When system would heat up the controller lost connection it would seem so that got re-soldered and so far issues are resolved. I'm loving the procede over the pedal switch E85 is nice too 😜
Good job troubleshooting. Yeah the torque from and electric motor + e85 is ridiculous amounts of fun.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Aztec (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #10475
JermMX5

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So does anyone know what happened to the project?

All of the sites are gone, and the more I read about it, the more I want one, anyone know why it would have just vanished?
Old 08-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #10476
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermMX5 View Post
So does anyone know what happened to the project?

All of the sites are gone, and the more I read about it, the more I want one, anyone know why it would have just vanished?
Sojhinn has one for sale right now I believe. To be honest I think the creator has stopped making them so they're super rare now

Old 08-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #10477
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
For the life of me I can not understand how someone hasn't gotten a kit and reverse engineered this by now. It could be mass produced in China and sold for less than $1k. It obviously works great and is in great demand.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
Target70 (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #10478
Slammillionaire

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FRS
Can someone explain to me why someone would spend ~$2.5k on this when you can get an actual supercharger for a grand or 2 more?
Slammillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #10479
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
actual SC for grand? Add installation work, extra parts, ecu tune .. and if it's of more powerful SCs, then also clutch/transmission/axles/grippier tires to handle extra power .. just 1K imho is by far too optimistic.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #10480
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammillionaire View Post
Can someone explain to me why someone would spend ~$2.5k on this when you can get an actual supercharger for a grand or 2 more?
You're looking at 5-7k for the good kits. This kit is especially good. If you love the car in NA form and just want more torque. This kit has more torque down low than alot of more expensive kits

Old 08-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #10481
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Why did you buy an FRS instead of a Porsche Cayman? Mostly price point I would guess. There are hundereds of other more personal reasons, use, maintenance, supporting mods, or ease of instillation, but if you had the money you could pay someone else to install, pay someone to do the supporting mods, pay someone to maintain. so I think it mostly comes down to the price. For me, I am cheap and lazy. I put this thing in maybe 2.5 years ago. I haven't had to change a belt, or oil, or deal with blown off vac lines, I just get in and drive it like it's stock till I need some extra power.
Aztec (08-08-2017), Sojhinn (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #10482
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
Why did you buy an FRS instead of a Porsche Cayman? Mostly price point I would guess. There are hundereds of other more personal reasons, use, maintenance, supporting mods, or ease of instillation, but if you had the money you could pay someone else to install, pay someone to do the supporting mods, pay someone to maintain. so I think it mostly comes down to the price. For me, I am cheap and lazy. I put this thing in maybe 2.5 years ago. I haven't had to change a belt, or oil, or deal with blown off vac lines, I just get in and drive it like it's stock till I need some extra power.
I don't think people realize how good the system is without being in the driver's seat ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to Aztec For This Useful Post:
Target70 (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #10483
Slammillionaire

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FRS
Quote:

It's a lot easier to save an extra couple grand than spend an extra 20-30k on a new car. Maybe I'm just skeptical tho, probably works fine.
Slammillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #10484
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
It's a lot easier to save an extra couple grand than spend an extra 20-30k on a new car. Maybe I'm just skeptical tho, probably works fine.
But if you have the money it doesn't make a difference whether it is 2k or 30k, it all comes down to price point, what you want to do and how much you're willing to spend. I may be wrong, but I don't think the majority of those with the Phantom track their cars on a regular basis, we aren't street racing for cash or pinks. We just want a little more power without breaking the bank, and/or going down the rabbit hole of constant upgrades/maintenance/repair. There have been a few who upgraded from the Phantom to full time FI but still look favorably on it for what it is and what it does. But anyway, If it's as I have been reading that all the sites are down and the product is no longer for sale it might not matter, unless someone buys Sojhinns and reverse engineers it to continue production.
Aztec (08-08-2017), Sojhinn (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #10485
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
But if you have the money it doesn't make a difference whether it is 2k or 30k, it all comes down to price point, what you want to do and how much you're willing to spend. I may be wrong, but I don't think the majority of those with the Phantom track their cars on a regular basis, we aren't street racing for cash or pinks. We just want a little more power without breaking the bank, and/or going down the rabbit hole of constant upgrades/maintenance/repair. There have been a few who upgraded from the Phantom to full time FI but still look favorably on it for what it is and what it does. But anyway, If it's as I have been reading that all the sites are down and the product is no longer for sale it might not matter, unless someone buys Sojhinns and reverse engineers it to continue production.

Have two offers... Not sure if I'm going to sell.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #10486
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Have two offers... Not sure if I'm going to sell.

Sojhinn, you should be the new producer of these kits. I feel like you know them the best. Just figure out how to source the parts, the demand for these kits is still very high.

I hope financially you can move successfully and get your car in working order!

The Following User Says Thank You to Aztec For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (08-08-2017)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive