follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #43
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@ViscontiTuning View Post
Yeah we've made big improvements to the torque dip, especially with our new STG2 flash for those that have upgraded the headers. STG2 is a free upgrade for anyone with STG1 and it's definitely worth checking out! As far as TC options go, those are available in both AT and MT. I'm assuming you still have V-Tune in your car right? Do you know what version you're running? It may be time for an upgrade to the calibration if you haven't done so in a while.
Waiting on the header due to warranty concerns unfortunately, so have to postpone on the STG2, but looking forward to it! Still running/enjoying V-Tune. I'm using the 1.06b4 E85 from a few weeks ago. I must just not be performing the mapswitching procedure appropriately. I see this in the notes:

Map 1 - Tune + Stock Rev Limiter
Map 2 - Tune + RaceRom Traction Control
Map 3 - Tune + Slightly More Agreesive RaceRom Traction Control

However that is dated from a previous release. For my release it only lists Map 1 so I assumed these weren't available currently?
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #44
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
My best 0-60 time was 7.8, launching it at about 2500 rpm. This was a long time ago, so I am hoping to improve my time with some modifications and weight reduction.

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #45
Kana

Drives: auto 2016 frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
thanks!
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:36 PM   #46
AF_Speshul

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS (AT)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oburn View Post
Oh ok, yeah I got the stealth black Perrin cat back exhaust resonated 2.5 inch, and rev works Uel header right now. Getting Perrin CAI installed on Tuesday. Next ill be getting the ecu tech tune. Thx for the info
I do the same thing I normally shift up at 3k when daily driving and down shift anywhere from 2k to 1.7 ish depending on how fast I need to stop or if someone deserves to hear my frustration
AF_Speshul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:40 PM   #47
AF_Speshul

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS (AT)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJohnDoe View Post
I personally find sport mode useless for anything other than straight line acceleration.

The problem with downshifting to first is that it (for lack of a better term) engages the clutch for you and it's hard to predict the moment it will. So you go from engine braking to no braking to you braking (or engine braking and you braking against the engine to you braking with virtually no resistance). I've found that downshifting to first above 18 MPH leads to far more predictable stops.
I normally doen shift to second and let the car get me to first for this very reason 😂
AF_Speshul is offline   Reply With Quote