follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #1975
bentleyboii

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1LENT720 View Post
Ordered my BRZ back in October '16, delivered on January 11th, '17. Finally made an account here, Hello Everyone! Attachment 152646
Welcome and like the spec you ordered looks really good
bentleyboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #1976
joro2

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium MT (DGM)
Following up on my previous post....

After many months of procrastination back and forth between the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ I chose the Subaru. My decision to go with Subaru mostly involved a poor experience with South East Toyota distribution and their local dealers, e.g. loading up their vehicles with unwanted & expensive accessories like e.g. paint protection, ToyoGuard service contracts, etc.

Contrary to South East Toyota, Subaru of America's national customer service was way more accommodating. They helped me locate the exact vehicle I wanted (2017 Premium, Dark Gray Metallic, w/ a minimum of extra or unnecessary options). My experience with the local Subaru dealership was equally fantastic, straight up negotiation, and they delivered the vehicle to me exactly as I requested -- right off the truck with only 4 factory miles on the odometer.

If you live in the south Florida region I can't recommend the Subaru of Pembroke Pines dealership more highly, their salesperson (Dirk Perdrix) was a pleasure to work with every step through the purchase experience

My only (aesthetic) gripe with the BRZ vs. the 86 is the rear spoiler. I would have preferred a "spoiler delete" option, I'm not a fan of the wing, as the body design is perfect (to me) without it. However, the spoiler was a small compromise compared with the base BRZ being a] $800 less (MSRP) than the Toyota 86, b] a more honest and accommodating (than Toyota) Subaru distributor/dealership experience, and c] no "Granlux" on the dashboard or door panels (-:.

I'm attaching two photos-- 1] the vehicle as delivered to the dealer right off the truck still with factory wrapping paper; and 2] a few hours later all cleaned up and delivered to me.

Last edited by joro2; 04-25-2017 at 01:07 PM.
joro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:22 AM   #1977
JMon85

Drives: 2019 WRX
Hi
JMon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMon85 For This Useful Post:
joro2 (04-26-2017), Tcoat (04-29-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 11:42 PM   #1978
Xork

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/ PP
Hello! Future owner, here.. just wanting to say hello and meet some folks. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions over time.

Currently dd a 1980 Datsun 280zx. I also have a 1977 Chevy C10 longbed (which I may or may not keep). Before that, had a 1986 Ford F150. Before that, a 1966 Chevy 4 door Impala. Before that, a 1986 Nissan 300zx. Before that, a 1989 Porsche 944.

I've never taken out a loan for a car, always bought older vehicles due to the appeal of the style and ease of self repair. That said I rarely do more than keep these vehicles on the road, I don't have the drive/time to really restore them or make them anything special. I'm ready for modern technology/reliability and I'm finally in a spot where I can afford a newer vehicle, so I decided to go all out. I custom ordered a 2017 DGM BRZ with the PP and factory body/aero pieces all around.

Ordered at the beginning of April, expected delivery the last week of May. I am SO STOOOOOOOKED!!!!!! I've been reading as much as I can on these forums and on r/ft86.

I'm in the Austin, TX area. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shop/tuner in the area that's familiar with these cars? I'd also be interested in meeting up at any twins clubs around here. Looking forward to turning some wrenches on upgrades rather than repairs.

Last edited by Xork; 04-26-2017 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Xork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xork For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #1979
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xork View Post
Hello! Future owner, here.. just wanting to say hello and meet some folks. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions over time.

Currently dd a 1980 Datsun 280zx. I also have a 1977 Chevy C10 longbed (which I may or may not keep). Before that, had a 1986 Ford F150. Before that, a 1966 Chevy 4 door Impala. Before that, a 1986 Nissan 300zx. Before that, a 1989 Porsche 944.

I've never taken out a loan for a car, always bought older vehicles due to the appeal of the style and ease of self repair. That said I rarely do more than keep these vehicles on the road, I don't have the drive/time to really restore them or make them anything special. I'm ready for modern technology/reliability and I'm finally in a spot where I can afford a newer vehicle, so I decided to go all out. I custom ordered a 2017 DGM BRZ with the PP and factory body/aero pieces all around.

Ordered at the beginning of April, expected delivery the last week of May. I am SO STOOOOOOOKED!!!!!! I've been reading as much as I can on these forums and on r/ft86.

I'm in the Austin, TX area. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shop/tuner in the area that's familiar with these cars? I'd also be interested in meeting up at any twins clubs around here. Looking forward to turning some wrenches on upgrades rather than repairs.
I Hope you Enjoy your new 17PP Thats quite a fast delivery hope everything goes well, I have heard good things about Pro Modular Performance in Austin Id check them out, Never been their myself though
Old 04-29-2017, 12:00 AM   #1980
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xork View Post

Welcome to the family. You won't regret it.
How is the 280 for dd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #1981
Xork

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Akina View Post
Welcome to the family. You won't regret it.
How is the 280 for dd?
Thanks! The 280zx has treated me really well. I think it will share a lot of driving feel with the BRZ. Very well balanced and a blast to whip around corners. I've had to put in a new alternator/radiator but not much else to keep it on the road.

It really needs a full suspension overhaul as well as a lot of little restoration pieces (a lot of which is hard to come by these days, most of the reproduction parts are only made for the 240/260z). It sucks getting leaked on when it rains

I wouldn't mind getting another Z one day (240/260) for a full on project vehicle, but I'm really looking forward to a 2017 DD. Plus I'm going from 132hp to 205hp with almost identical weight!
Xork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xork For This Useful Post:
Ghost of Akina (04-29-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #1982
Ibchris

Drives: Galaxy Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Newb

Hey all! New owner, here.. just wanting to say hi

Sold my 2014 Nissan Juke and got a 2014 Galaxy Blue BRZ (Auto) The BRZ is a hell of a lot more fun to drive and looks 10 times better.

I had the Juke and now this as second car, I drive 80+ miles a day and doing it in a lifted GMC truck is not nice to the wallet.

I picked up the BRZ last Monday, it was the only one local on the lots. I am in the Augusta, Ga area. the only issue I've had so far is my touch screen is not playing nice. The top of my steering wheel had started peeling, so I peeled it all off. The wife says its too low to get into, but she's been DD'n the truck. This car reminds me of a smaller, slower version of the IS350 we had a few years ago.
Ibchris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibchris For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #1983
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibchris View Post

Sold my 2014 Nissan Juke and got a 2014 Galaxy Blue BRZ (Auto) The BRZ is a hell of a lot more fun to drive and looks 10 times better.

I had the Juke and now this as second car, I drive 80+ miles a day and doing it in a lifted GMC truck is not nice to the wallet.

I picked up the BRZ last Monday, it was the only one local on the lots. I am in the Augusta, Ga area. the only issue I've had so far is my touch screen is not playing nice. The top of my steering wheel had started peeling, so I peeled it all off. The wife says its too low to get into, but she's been DD'n the truck. This car reminds me of a smaller, slower version of the IS350 we had a few years ago.
Haha they are too low to get into but that's why they drive nice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #1984
WinterWolf

Drives: 2015 FR-S - Ultramarine
Hey guys, new owner from southwest Ohio here! How is everyone?

I just picked up a ultramarine 2015 FR-S with 15k miles earlier this month. I am brand new to the *sports car* scene as I've been driving pickups older than myself till now. I gotta say I love the car, you just cant beat the package this car brings together in my eyes. Already working on mods: got my windows tinted, added a K&N air filter and swapped out stocks for Valenti smoked taillights.

Just wanted to say hey! I'm hoping to get to know some new people and join the occasional meetup. Anybody near the IN, KY, OH tristate?

Cheers!
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:24 PM   #1985
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf View Post
Hey guys, new owner from southwest Ohio here! How is everyone?

I just picked up a ultramarine 2015 FR-S with 15k miles earlier this month. I am brand new to the *sports car* scene as I've been driving pickups older than myself till now. I gotta say I love the car, you just cant beat the package this car brings together in my eyes. Already working on mods: got my windows tinted, added a K&N air filter and swapped out stocks for Valenti smoked taillights.

Just wanted to say hey! I'm hoping to get to know some new people and join the occasional meetup. Anybody near the IN, KY, OH tristate?

Cheers!
Welcome That's a great spec love that color sure you got a great deal on it.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #1986
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibchris View Post

Yeah super low everyone complains when they get in and out you get use to it eventually, and just nod your head and smile
Old 05-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #1987
WinterWolf

Drives: 2015 FR-S - Ultramarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleyboii View Post
Welcome That's a great spec love that color sure you got a great deal on it.
Thanks! Yeah I didn't do too bad, I got it right below market value over here with a great APR. (Up until this point I haven't pulled a loan for a car or anything really, so my credit was pretty limited. Ended up with decent deal overall)

I'll post pics soon.
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinterWolf For This Useful Post:
bentleyboii (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #1988
MachineHead

Drives: BRZ Limited
hi folks! just bought a used 2013 brz ltd for a decent price last week. havent even seen it in person (it's in virginia and im in new jersey). lol. had it registered this morning. just need to find time to pick it up. really excited. just wish i knew how to navigate this forum a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MachineHead is offline   Reply With Quote