follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
Nah

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs 6mt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Common Suspension Issues

Alright here goes, Toyota has no idea why my car pulls left for those of you that followed my last thread we've tried everything but actually replacing parts.

This issue drives me insane, it's literally driving half a car.

So the focus of this thread will be to list every common suspension issue and the remedy along with it if it isn't obvious.

I knows there's lots of knowledge here so list em out and I'll edit this post. Hopefully we can get a sticky going.

I'm just gonna go ham and just replace all the common issues pertaining to me one by one to see where it gets me.

---Issues---

Car currently will dramatically jerk left holding a turn going left. Alignment is good, PSI is good. VSC system is good.

Loud clunk when turning both left and right. It is felt through the steering wheel. Sound is from front suspension. Only usually happens when cold or moving from a parked position.

Happens more often with more weight in the trunk.

--goals of this thread---

To quickly and successfully guide someone to diagnose any common suspension issue the user may have.
Nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,986 Times in 16,484 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah View Post
Alright here goes, Toyota has no idea why my car pulls left for those of you that followed my last thread we've tried everything but actually replacing parts.

This issue drives me insane, it's literally driving half a car.

So the focus of this thread will be to list every common suspension issue and the remedy along with it if it isn't obvious.

I knows there's lots of knowledge here so list em out and I'll edit this post. Hopefully we can get a sticky going.

I'm just gonna go ham and just replace all the common issues pertaining to me one by one to see where it gets me.

---Issues---

Car currently will dramatically jerk left holding a turn going left. Alignment is good, PSI is good. VSC system is good.

Loud clunk when turning both left and right. It is felt through the steering wheel. Sound is from front suspension. Only usually happens when cold or moving from a parked position.

Happens more often with more weight in the trunk.

--goals of this thread---

To quickly and successfully guide someone to diagnose any common suspension issue the user may have.
Whacked out steering rack - fix, replace it.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Nah (03-30-2017)