follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2016, 07:34 AM   #15
Donroy

Drives: Hot Lava Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teseo View Post
Price must be a typo

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...dnRRoC1TDw_wcB

Nope, looks like you might not know exactly what they are?
Donroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
turtlefeeder

Drives: UltraMFrS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donroy View Post
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...dnRRoC1TDw_wcB

Nope, looks like you might not know exactly what they are?
Holy crap!! 1500 for a head light than you have to custom wire? Just bc of JDM COUNTER PART OF USDM? That's rediculously, doesn't even look special? Might as well have them rob you lol, got me sweating 😅

OP price starting to look for friendly lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited by turtlefeeder; 07-02-2016 at 12:17 PM.
turtlefeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #17
Donroy

Garage
Bump
Old 07-15-2016, 05:03 PM   #18
Donroy

Garage
Bump for OEM parts
Old 07-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #19
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I think it would be beneficial to address what type of cutoff these headlights have. since it is from Japan, I am assuming that the cutoff is for RHD vehicles so it would blind everyone on the street in the US because of the opposite cutoff.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #20
Donroy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
I think it would be beneficial to address what type of cutoff these headlights have. since it is from Japan, I am assuming that the cutoff is for RHD vehicles so it would blind everyone on the street in the US because of the opposite cutoff.
I can edit the original post. Doesn't change the fact that you can adjust that
Old 07-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #21
ryoma

Quote:
I can edit the original post. Doesn't change the fact that you can adjust that
you can adjust the height of the headlights, but you cannot adjust the cutoff since it is in the actual projector itself. (ignore the periods)

......................_________________
US cutoff: ____/

Japan cutoff: __________
..................................\__________

you will be blinding everyone in the oncoming lanes and will have less visibility in your own lane due to the cutoff. it works in Japan because they drive on the opposite side of the road.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #22
Donroy

Garage
Quote:
you can adjust the height of the headlights, but you cannot adjust the cutoff since it is in the actual projector itself. (ignore the periods)

......................_________________
US cutoff: ____/

Japan cutoff: __________
..................................\__________

you will be blinding everyone in the oncoming lanes and will have less visibility in your own lane due to the cutoff. it works in Japan because they drive on the opposite side of the road.
You can adjust the cutoff though. It may involve taking them apart to do it but it can be done.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #23
ryoma

Quote:
You can adjust the cutoff though. It may involve taking them apart to do it but it can be done.
at that point, it is no longer adjusting but rather reconfiguring lol. as long as you are not conning people into buying JDM headlights for USDM use, then all is good.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:50 PM   #24
Donroy

Garage
Quote:
at that point, it is no longer adjusting but rather reconfiguring lol. as long as you are not conning people into buying JDM headlights for USDM use, then all is good.
There a reason you felt the need to bring this up on my post but not on the other set being sold?

Not one thing I've said has pointed to me trying to con someone. I've answered every question asked and pm.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:20 AM   #25
ryoma

Quote:
There a reason you felt the need to bring this up on my post but not on the other set being sold?

Not one thing I've said has pointed to me trying to con someone. I've answered every question asked and pm.
the other set (which is selling for almost half your price, btw) already had the seller state what type of cutoff the headlights had so that no one would be forking over cash without knowing if it would work for them or not. you, on the other hand, did not state anything and I decided to ask for clarification just in case someone else does not know anything about the difference between JDM and USDM headlights.

to me, it actually now sounds like you were deliberately hiding the fact that these are JDM and with the RHD cutoff in order to get rid of them. being defensive in the quoted post and shifting blame as well as downplaying the "adjustability" of the cutoff in a previous post just adds to my suspicion. if that was not your intention, then just disregard the previous claims as I am just being critical here after you decided to point your fingers at me.

however, now that this is all out there, whoever buys these headlights will have full disclosure on the origins and cutoff of the set. if they do decide to buy them for use on US roads (or any country that drives on the right side of the road) then that is completely their fault.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #26
Donroy

Garage
Quote:
the other set (which is selling for almost half your price, btw) already had the seller state what type of cutoff the headlights had so that no one would be forking over cash without knowing if it would work for them or not. you, on the other hand, did not state anything and I decided to ask for clarification just in case someone else does not know anything about the difference between JDM and USDM headlights.

to me, it actually now sounds like you were deliberately hiding the fact that these are JDM and with the RHD cutoff in order to get rid of them. being defensive in the quoted post and shifting blame as well as downplaying the "adjustability" of the cutoff in a previous post just adds to my suspicion. if that was not your intention, then just disregard the previous claims as I am just being critical here after you decided to point your fingers at me.

however, now that this is all out there, whoever buys these headlights will have full disclosure on the origins and cutoff of the set. if they do decide to buy them for use on US roads (or any country that drives on the right side of the road) then that is completely their fault.

The other post didn't specify either until someone asked. I have no problem stating what they are, as I said, I've answered every question I've gotten so far. On top of this, why would I mention the broken tab when I could take pictures at a different angle?

The original post also mentions from Japan. Most people who are on here understand the fact that other countries do indeed drive on the other side of the road. Could it have been mentioned? Possibly, not something I thought of, but to accuse someone of trying to con people when they're answering each question (along with a link that stated what they are) is pretty foolish.

Also the other set doesn't include the ballasts, the bulbs or the harness that makes it plug and play.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #27
Donroy

Garage
Bump
Old 07-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #28
Donroy