follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
psyclone07

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Window TSB after Bumper to Bumper Warranty

Just noticed some bad scratches on my driver side window from the window tracks I assume. Just wondering if anyone has had luck getting it fixed after the bumper to bumper warranty is up. Currently at 52k. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psyclone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I have scratches on the drivers side just with the track closest to the B pillar. I always thought it was because I brought the window down with debris on it and the debris transfered from the outside to the inside and scratched it as it went back up?

Do you have the TSB or more info on this? I'll be doing sound deadening in the future and will take a look inside to see if there's anything I can do as I'm also out of bumper warranty now.
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
I have scratches on the drivers side just with the track closest to the B pillar. I always thought it was because I brought the window down with debris on it and the debris transfered from the outside to the inside and scratched it as it went back up?

Do you have the TSB or more info on this? I'll be doing sound deadening in the future and will take a look inside to see if there's anything I can do as I'm also out of bumper warranty now.
It's an FRS tsb.. but my BRZ clearly has the issue when you take the door panel offs. Look in the TSB forum, multiple issues all within a weatherstripping tsb
I'm getting mine looked at tomorrow (I'm at 35k).. I will ask if they do anything for anyone past the B2B warranty.

Hell I'm just hoping they don't tell me "FRS problem only"
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
It'll depend on your dealer and your service advisor. If you have a history of getting your service done there, the dealer usually turns a blind eye and does it for you (This is the main benefit of getting your service done there regularly).

But there will be dealers who are by the book and only by the book.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
kberkel

Ugh, I'll have to ask again if they would cover it outside the 36k mile. They were really weird about it today when I went to get mine fixed (I'm at 35k). They didn't really have a comment if someone was already past the 36k B2B warranty. I'll be back in 2 weeks to get the left side fixed and I'll ask again.

I showed them the FRS tsb and said "For some reason Subaru hasn't released a tsb for this." Initially, they said it's Subaru's call and not the dealer's call if it can be covered. I told them both sides showed signs of failure, so they said they would note it so I could argue it if I go past the 36k B2B warranty.

I showed them the scratches on my left side, and 10 minutes later they said they ordered new parts for the left side and they will replace for free.

I told them to check my right side.. I already took all the tree clips off and trim pieces off. Just two screws and the panel comes off. They said OK. 1 hour later, the technician has left and they said they didn't see any scratches. But they didn't take the door panel off to check. I said "I made it easy for you to take off the panel and see that the liners are all inverted and failed!" He says "Sorry we can't help you there."

So next time I'm going in with no door panels. I want both sides fixed. I think it is something they don't want to do.. but if you can prove it then they will probably do it.

I also told them about the "clutch squeak." He said "We've never heard of that.. and it's probably not covered under the 50k powertrain warranty." I said check it anyway, I'm at 35k. Of course the clutch didn't squeak today so they did nothing. Guess I need more evidence.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #6
kberkel

Went in to get it fixed today.. they still couldn't fix it, needed more parts. So I got a loaner Forester

I asked if they would cover past 36k.. they said call Subaru and make a claim. Then Subaru should determine if the dealer would cover it.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:01 AM   #7
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Report these issues to corporate, then it's on record that the issue was present prior to the warranty expiration. Then they will still cover it, had Dodge and Subaru both do this for me. NEVER trust a dealer to document those things, always send pictures to corporate.