follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2016, 11:45 PM   #43
nova.86
Legendary Member

Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 years, but honestly by then it'd be heavily modified already, maybe by then I can actually start engine building ontop of a turbot kit I'd have by then. An aggresive (functional) body kit, like Varis would be nice, it'd be a barely legal street car and monster on the track haha. When I do buy a daily later on when I get into my career, I'd like a GTR as a daily and I'd then get aftermarket headers to remove cats on the BRZ and make it full dedicated track car by then. Might buy another BRZ to mod around but make it legal if I end up making the first one full track.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:47 AM   #44
Train

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
will trade it in for refreshed (or 2nd gen) brz limited/sport-tech. MT if it becomes my weekend warrior, otherwise AT if DD.
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #45
Da Breeze

Drives: 2014 subaru brz and forester
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJFrick View Post
I think this thread would be more interesting if people designated their climate. Some of us would love to say "I'll keep it forever". But we know we're lying. In the midwest, all cars eventually go the big garage in the sky.
Upper Midwest here. I truthfully don't drive it much in the winter, and wash it almost every week, so I am hoping it hangs together for quite a while.
Da Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #46
Da Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerune View Post
I have thought about this but yes plans change often. With the money I've been putting into mine and still not being close to what I want, I still see myself looking into different cars unless I part out and prioritize FI.
So I have to ask, what is it that you want?
Old 04-03-2016, 08:35 PM   #47
Pickleahoy

Drives: 10 Series #1617
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I love it and find it very comfortable and I got used to the noise. Oh, and mine is lowered and has TRD catback so it is even rougher and louder than stock!
TCoat likes it rough confirmed
Pickleahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pickleahoy For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-03-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #48
Kerune

Drives: Lexus RC-F
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
So I have to ask, what is it that you want?
I didn't plan it out well enough budget wise and kinda lost the motivation to finish the build at least for now since I've only had it a year. I'd still like a
flex fuel with FBO, I was also going for an STI body kit but my front STI lip got hit and cracked so I put that on pause as well.

Drove the car on an E85 tune for a while and it's a good happy medium on power/cost but the station isn't local so FF is ideal.
Whether I do that or not I've got my eye on an IS-F or RC-F.
Kerune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #49
Ace0711

Drives: Subaru BRZ WRB 6MT
Bought the car in November 2012, didn't plan to get it as early as I did and originally had a loan for like 8 years. Now just shy of 4 years I kicked up my payments and will be making a big downpayment 12k and will officially own it April 21. After that, my would be car payment is going right into pre authorized transfer on top of the savings I'm already putting aside for a house.

No regrets, had a lot of guys give me grief about buying a new car early but I don't drink,smoke or spend frivolously but the BRZ was the exception. WRB Premium, first manual car, full STI kit, TOMS clear taillights, STI 18" hyper black rims with MPSS, blue STI lug nuts etc (it goes on)...AND Still 3 + years later I park the bloody thing and always do a double take. I'm keeping it. I have a vision for the car and for the most part it's mostly done. Now I can just drive it. Still get compliments about it almost 4 years later. It's a lovely platform. Sorry for the long post
Ace0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace0711 For This Useful Post:
Da Breeze (04-10-2016), Tcoat (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 10:11 PM   #50
Da Breeze

Quote:
I didn't plan it out well enough budget wise and kinda lost the motivation to finish the build at least for now since I've only had it a year. I'd still like a
flex fuel with FBO, I was also going for an STI body kit but my front STI lip got hit and cracked so I put that on pause as well.

Drove the car on an E85 tune for a while and it's a good happy medium on power/cost but the station isn't local so FF is ideal.
Whether I do that or not I've got my eye on an IS-F or RC-F.
Both Lexii are very nice cars, very different than the twins, but I imagine that is why you are looking at them.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #51
pfaffendorn

Drives: 2014 ssm BRZ Limited 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
But, who know's I may wrap it around a tree or more likely succumb to someone else on the road with a cell phone glued to their stupid face. :/
Or more likely, steering with their elbows, view ahead blocked by the phone, while texting with both thumbs.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #52
pfaffendorn

Drives: 2014 ssm BRZ Limited 6M
Well, after six months of driving it, I have to say it's the most pleasurable car I've owned. It's beautiful, it has enough power for this old geezer, the shifter must have been made at Hogwarts, the handling is beyond divine, and the seat fits me like a glove.

It may or may not be my last "new" car, since I'm planning to live another 20 years, but I can't think of a better way to go than sailing off into the clouds behind the wheel of this one.

I put down about 2/3 of the price in cash, and financed the rest -- it's easy enough for me to make the $200 monthly and also send regular checks to the prinicipal, so it should be paid off somewhere in the second set of tires. I can't imagine letting go of the car until way after that!
Tcoat (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #53
Kerune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
Both Lexii are very nice cars, very different than the twins, but I imagine that is why you are looking at them.
Yeah stock V8 with decent gas mileage calls for me - ideally I'd love an RC-F at the right price since the interior is way ahead of the IS-F/BRZ imo. If I supercharged this car I'd need a daily beater just in case and looking at another 7k+ total, just not ready to be 40k+ deep for this car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerune For This Useful Post:
Da Breeze (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #54
iLaw

Drives: 2015 BRZ, Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I bought this car to replace my 2012 WRX STI. The STI just drank way too much gas, and having a 80km/50mi I needed something fun but fuel efficient. In the spring, summer and fall, the BRZ give me great enjoyment. It turns heads, looks great and I love taking it to the track. But being Canadian, its not the ideal winter car.

My BRZ (assuming I don't accelerate payments) will be paid off in 2019. I hope by then, Subaru will have a new WRX STI, with an updated power plant that doesn't get 13L/100km (18.1MPG for my imperial friends).

Ideally I'd love to have a BRZ and an STI in the garage. STI will be there when I need usable rear seats, winter car or something larger to carry stuff.
iLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #55
Kerune

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLaw View Post
I bought this car to replace my 2012 WRX STI. The STI just drank way too much gas, and having a 80km/50mi I needed something fun but fuel efficient. In the spring, summer and fall, the BRZ give me great enjoyment. It turns heads, looks great and I love taking it to the track. But being Canadian, its not the ideal winter car.

My BRZ (assuming I don't accelerate payments) will be paid off in 2019. I hope by then, Subaru will have a new WRX STI, with an updated power plant that doesn't get 13L/100km (18.1MPG for my imperial friends).

Ideally I'd love to have a BRZ and an STI in the garage. STI will be there when I need usable rear seats, winter car or something larger to carry stuff.
I sometimes wish I took the time to consider an STI but you're right, a year after my BRZ my commute went from 8 miles a day to 60 and the mpg is perfect for it. Although, if I did the 2 subies in a garage route I'd want a WRB BRZ so the STI can be gray or white (I want one to be WRB lol)
Old 04-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #56
iLaw

Drives: 2015 BRZ, Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
I sometimes wish I took the time to consider an STI but you're right, a year after my BRZ my commute went from 8 miles a day to 60 and the mpg is perfect for it. Although, if I did the 2 subies in a garage route I'd want a WRB BRZ so the STI can be gray or white (I want one to be WRB lol)
Hahaha... I'd actually want two WRB Subarus. Would look like a crew lol. Then again, I've owned nothing but blue cars... except when I buy a WRX... somehow they end up being white.

2004 Mazda 3 - Winning Blue Mica
2011 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
2012 STI - World Rally Blue
2015 BRZ - World Rally Blue
2004 WRX (winter car) - Aspen White
iLaw is offline   Reply With Quote