follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
Fish

Drives: 2015 Yuzu RS1.0 Scion FR-S #893
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
Ha nice, I just saw this thread and was gonna post up about that. I was tinkering with it this morning trying to figure out how to tell it to STOP automatically playing bluetooth audio off of my phone when I turn on the stereo. I only want BT audio for phone calls, I have an iPod touch for music over USB. :P
Lol that's the same setup I'm doing.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 25,000 Times in 11,400 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Ha nice, I just saw this thread and was gonna post up about that. I was tinkering with it this morning trying to figure out how to tell it to STOP automatically playing bluetooth audio off of my phone when I turn on the stereo. I only want BT audio for phone calls, I have an iPod touch for music over USB. :P

Interesting. I have an old iPod (Gen2 I think) hooked up to the USB and have my DroidX over BT. I have no problems doing exactly what you are trying to do. If music is playing on the iPod and I get a call, the music pauses and I can answer the call.

I do have a problem with NAV on my phone though. It doesn't play that through the radio or through the phone since the phone thinks it needs to play through the radio.

I'm guessing I would have to switch to BT audio to get the NAV turn-by-turn directions, but then would not be able to listen to the iPod. Sounds like we just have the opposite setups on our HUs.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
If you have an FR-S with the stock unit, I think I've figured this out.

The iPod/BT/Audio button (top button on the smaller "circle") is a toggle switch. With my DroidX connected BT and an iPod connected USB, I was able to switch back and forth using the button between the iPod playing and my DroidX streaming from Amazon Cloud Player.

As a bonus I discovered I can pause, and skip back and forth between track on the Cloud Player.

Whichever setting I leave it in (iPod/BT) is the one it picks back up on when I turn the radio back on.

Don't have an iPhone to test with, but hope that helps.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
If you have an FR-S with the stock unit, I think I've figured this out.

The iPod/BT/Audio button (top button on the smaller "circle") is a toggle switch. With my DroidX connected BT and an iPod connected USB, I was able to switch back and forth using the button between the iPod playing and my DroidX streaming from Amazon Cloud Player.

As a bonus I discovered I can pause, and skip back and forth between track on the Cloud Player.

Whichever setting I leave it in (iPod/BT) is the one it picks back up on when I turn the radio back on.

Don't have an iPhone to test with, but hope that helps.
Hrm, if I power off/on while the car running it does that, but as soon as I start the car it's like "OH HAI BT AUDIO! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! LETS BE THE BEST OF BATTERY SUCKING FRIENDS!" I'm trying to prevent that. I'll mess with it if I can get some time tonight, still at work. :X
denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to denkigrve For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-14-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If all else fails, wonder if there's a jailbreak option
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #20
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Hrm, if I power off/on while the car running it does that, but as soon as I start the car it's like "OH HAI BT AUDIO! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! LETS BE THE BEST OF BATTERY SUCKING FRIENDS!" I'm trying to prevent that. I'll mess with it if I can get some time tonight, still at work. :X
Interesting, mine does not do that, but as I said I don't have an iPhone.

On a related note, I mentioned above I use Amazon Cloud Player. For you iPhone/iTouch folks, Amazon just released a version of the Clould Player for those devices.

Since the Cloud player comes with Amazon Prime, I use it to back up the family's music to the cloud. That way its available to us from any browswer or our smartphones. It's nice to have access to your music collection and playlists no matter where you are, without carrying it around with you!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #21
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
If all else fails, wonder if there's a jailbreak option
I suppose its fun to quote myself:

http://leimobile.com/noaccsplash-released/

Apparently if you have a jailbroken ipod/phone using that app might allow you access to music controls when you plug things in via usb.
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buggy51 For This Useful Post:
86_ZN6 (06-17-2012)