|
|
#183 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
Quote:
The only reason I have the pic of the Nomad was it is in a frame with a bunch of wedding pictures. Yes, my wedding pictures consist of my wife, the families, myself and my car. #youknowyouareacarguywhen
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#184 |
|
Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2013 Limited
Location: NJ
Posts: 36
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
thanks! I have no regrets selling the bike, and now owning my BRZ. Not one.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#185 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S AT
Location: Smokey Mountains
Posts: 433
Thanks: 57
Thanked 294 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
From the posts in this thread some of you dinosaurs need to shed a few pounds.
I'm 5'11", weigh 175 lbs., and have no problems getting in and out my FR-S. What you should weigh: https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness...healthy-weight You have heard it many times before. After you retire you gotta stay active, brisk walks, bike, exercise, and watch what you eat. Yeah, you can still drink beer but not a 6 pack a day. Join a fitness club and workout at least 2 or 3 times a week. Most medicare plans have a program called Silver Sneakers which pays your membership fee. |
|
|
|
|
|
#186 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
![]() humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#187 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
Oh, the irony...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#188 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
How else did you think I happened to have 8 gallons of water right at hand on the side of the highway? The tanks were capped so that I didn't leave a trail of water through the house when I changed them. Each tank held about 2 gallons.
In hindsight I must have made quite the spectacle pouring what would appear to be large tanks of chemicals into a tiny truck on the side of the highway.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#189 | ||
|
Geo Tyrebighter Esq
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Location: pnw
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 6,780
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,296 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
--
"I gotta rock." -- Charley Brown |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#190 | |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
Quote:
I didn't want to look stupid.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#191 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
Key words^^^^^^.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#192 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDm1xD_Kwyc"]Carole King - It's Too Late - YouTube[/ame] Not true of course
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#193 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#194 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Even the FRS was more happenchance then wanting it since I had only read a little that they were coming and then forgot they existed until that fateful day I walked into the dealership to check out those new fangled tC things I had seen for the first time that weekend. Once I spotted the FRS I knew I wanted it but I don't think that is what we are talking about here. I never lusted after one or even followed their progress so it was more "what is that? I will take it" then "Gee I really want a FRS".
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Last edited by Tcoat; 03-12-2016 at 10:53 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#195 | |
|
Geo Tyrebighter Esq
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Location: pnw
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 6,780
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,296 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Other than Miata. Did not want.
__________________
--
"I gotta rock." -- Charley Brown |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#196 | |
|
Sarcastic SOB
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 4,647
Thanks: 1,364
Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,645 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
|
Quote:
I could only be at the high end of the ideal weight for my height if I got really skinny. Did it years ago and didnt look good. I am maybe a bit over 13 bs into the overweight range on those charts yet I am fit as a fiddle, wont get into the details. Suffice it to say they dont consider diffefent body types and many people are very fit and well out of those boundaries. The only thing that studies have found that all long lived people have in common is that they have never been obese. After 30 you naturally lose 10% of your muscle mass per decade, unless you do something about it. When you are older, you want to maintain body strength. And the goals at the gym for a 40, 50, 60, 70 year old are not the same as a 20 year old. I actually deliberately hold back certain things I do work out wise to optimize health benefit longterm vs reaching personal maximums despite my natural tendency to want to do more.
__________________
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Last edited by wbradley; 03-12-2016 at 07:24 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Source of petroleum? Dinosaurs? - NOT! | stugray | Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] | 55 | 06-01-2015 12:51 PM |
| Driving A MT | elliottk | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 48 | 08-22-2014 05:57 PM |
| anyone driving to wbm ? | riironman | New England | 3 | 06-10-2014 04:10 PM |
| Driving around. | Chen | Northwest | 27 | 02-05-2014 10:47 PM |
| Driving section - actually driving the things somewhere | bcj | Site Announcements / Questions / Issues | 6 | 04-08-2013 11:28 AM |