follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Eibach Pro Kit + Koni Yellows. What else?

I'll keep this short. As stated above, I've decided to go with the Eibach Pro Kit to lower the car, matched with some Koni Yellow adjustable dampers.

The research I've done on these forums tells me that I'll be close to 2 degrees of negative camber at the rear once these are installed, and that there is no stock camber adjustment on the car. I hate doing things the "half-assed" way, so this is not acceptable to me. I don't have a lot of money, but what do I need in terms of additional parts to allow me to properly reset the camber to "normal" values. Do camber bolts do the trick? Is the proper solution to buy some LCAs that allow for the adjustment? Do I need to be able to adjust the fronts too? This is a DD in addition to being an autocross/occasional track day car, so I don't want crazy camber. I just want the car 1" lower, but otherwise more or less the same.

What parts should I be looking at getting? Thanks guys! And no, I am not doing coilovers for several reasons
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
gtslow

Drives: 2015 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
At the price are really close to a set of Tein Flex Z's which do include camber plates for front camber adjustment.

With the Eibach/Koni you will need camber bolts in the front (at a minimum) and lower control arms in the back to adjust camber.

Rumor has it the Eibach Pro Kit is essentially the same spring as the TRD springs which a lot of guys run in CS autocross (legal for the FR-S only). They get roughly 1.5-2 degrees of camber in the front with camber bolts.

Right now I am on TRD springs with stock dampers, and they ride fine. The biggest difference in how my car handled was when I moved to 200 tread wear rubber. I was planning to buy the Koni inserts but unless I am hell bent on CS for autocross I'll probably just sell the spring and buy Flex Z's. They seem to be received quite well for being sub $1000 coilovers.

Half-ass would be cutting the springs or riding on blown dampers, I see no reason why you can't run stock dampers.
gtslow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gtslow For This Useful Post:
Stang70Fastback (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
So with front camber bolts, and rear LCAs, I'd be able to maintain stock camber, or dial in a bit of negative camber for more spirited scenarios?
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote