follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #43
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Cayman S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I installed the 0805 Dashcam about a week ago and I'm quite impressed with the video quality and the relatively small size. Like you, I ran the wiring down the passenger's side "A" pillar and to the DC connector behind the glove box.

Your power adapter looks like a USB type. Did that come with your dash cam, or did you purchase the parts separately?

Also, you're garage floor looks great. Did you do the epoxy finish yourself? How long have you had the competed floor, and how is it holding up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
got a Mini 0806 dashcam a few days ago and put it in. the quality of the video is pretty good (using 2304x1296, also has 2560x1080) and the dashcam is extremely small, even with a screen. it has GPS too, but I don't have the speed overlay on. I hid it behind the rear view mirror and I can't see it at all from the driver's side. wired it into the glovebox adapter, through the A pillar, and through the headliner to above the rear view mirror.

[/url]

youtube compresses their videos so the quality isn't as good as the original. daytime is pretty good, but night time lights overpower the camera kind of. not bad for a $120 camera though.
2014 BRZ Limited - 2013 VW Golf R - 2010 Forester XT - 2006 Mazda 3 GT
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #44
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
I installed the 0805 Dashcam about a week ago and I'm quite impressed with the video quality and the relatively small size. Like you, I ran the wiring down the passenger's side "A" pillar and to the DC connector behind the glove box.

Your power adapter looks like a USB type. Did that come with your dash cam, or did you purchase the parts separately?

Also, you're garage floor looks great. Did you do the epoxy finish yourself? How long have you had the competed floor, and how is it holding up?
the adapter that came with my dashcam was broken out of the box, so I used the one I had. I did have to buy a 6ft micro USB cable though.

as for my garage floor, I did do it myself. you can kind of see how I messed it up where there's a darker portion than the other. I bought two tubs of it at Home Depot and I guess I didn't mix both tubs identically, so one was darker than the other. noticed it only after it dried off and was too late, haha. I did it about two years ago and it's holding up fine. I did notice that after a few months, some of the flakes would come off if you rub them. but that's just cosmetic. stains clean off easily. just make sure you give it plenty of time to air out after you coat the floor.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #45
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Great build man, hows the NED cooler holding up, any leaks you've noticed? Any differences on temps?
Old 06-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #46
ryoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Great build man, hows the NED cooler holding up, any leaks you've noticed? Any differences on temps?
I haven't noticed any leaks. I don't have an oil temp gauge hooked up so I'm not sure on the actual temperatures, but there has been a review done by another forum member that goes through the temperature differences. I forgot who it was, but he has like 3 or 4 videos about it on this forum.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #47
Slammedsteve

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-s,91 240sx missle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I love how you hid all the wires in the interior, looks really clean that way.
Slammedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #48
ryoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammedsteve View Post
I love how you hid all the wires in the interior, looks really clean that way.

I hate looking at dangling loose wires, makes it seem as if you did a half assed job.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:00 PM   #49
ryoma

Rexpeed Convex Mirrors

well, this was basically an impulse buy when I was drinking... lol. I was getting itchy after not doing anything to my car for a while. they're the heated mirrors and it was a simple 2 minute affair. I just put them on when I was washing my car today and haven't tested them out yet but the blue isn't that noticeable. I thought it would be way worse than it actually is. gotta adjust the mirrors and see if there really is a difference from the original mirrors.

Last edited by ryoma; 10-31-2017 at 06:34 PM.
ryoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #50
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
What's the difference compare to the stock ones? Just curious.
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #51
ryoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS + BRZ View Post
What's the difference compare to the stock ones? Just curious.
it's supposed to reduce glare and give you a wider view
Old 08-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #52
Kerune

Drives: Lexus RC-F
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
One of the first similar BRZs I looked at once I bought mine. How's your build going? just saw you post on the $$$ amount spent on mods thread lol. You and @JS + BRZ I notice fairly often xD
Kerune is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerune For This Useful Post:
JS + BRZ (08-29-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #53
ryoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerune View Post
One of the first similar BRZs I looked at once I bought mine. How's your build going? just saw you post on the $$$ amount spent on mods thread lol. You and @JS + BRZ I notice fairly often xD
my finger gets itchy when I think about everything I want to do to my car. however, my wallet says otherwise. I'm not planning on doing anything major in the upcoming months. all I will probably do is get RCE yellows and LCA's. that will most likely be the last big $$ thing I do for the rest of this year.

then next year, maybe finish the exhaust header back and get a tune, then call it a done. I really want to SC it, but ultimately the costs are too high. if I never bought any of these parts I would have had enough for a SC though.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #54
Kerune

Drives: Lexus RC-F
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
my finger gets itchy when I think about everything I want to do to my car. however, my wallet says otherwise. I'm not planning on doing anything major in the upcoming months. all I will probably do is get RCE yellows and LCA's. that will most likely be the last big $$ thing I do for the rest of this year.

then next year, maybe finish the exhaust header back and get a tune, then call it a done. I really want to SC it, but ultimately the costs are too high. if I never bought any of these parts I would have had enough for a SC though.
Ugh, story of my life. I'm itching to buy minor things but I'm at the point where I feel similar - the more I spend the worse an SC will be. STI gurney flaps, STI vents, real body kits, maybe no more big ticket items cuz coils and catback each were 4 figures. I'm thinking of more on my exhaust as well and not even sure what route to get, then there's flex-fuel kits, maybe audio, etc lmao.

Good luck, I'd say it's tough to call it done but leaving it alone for a year will probably pay off. My work wheels are half the cost of an SC and install, I'm already considering selling them when I get them to prioritize an SC but who knows.
Kerune is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerune For This Useful Post:
JS + BRZ (08-29-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #55
ryoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerune View Post
Ugh, story of my life. I'm itching to buy minor things but I'm at the point where I feel similar - the more I spend the worse an SC will be. STI gurney flaps, STI vents, real body kits, maybe no more big ticket items cuz coils and catback each were 4 figures. I'm thinking of more on my exhaust as well and not even sure what route to get, then there's flex-fuel kits, maybe audio, etc lmao.

Good luck, I'd say it's tough to call it done but leaving it alone for a year will probably pay off. My work wheels are half the cost of an SC and install, I'm already considering selling them when I get them to prioritize an SC but who knows.
of course, I say all of this now... but who knows what will happen a few months down the line haha
Old 11-07-2015, 03:27 AM   #56
ryoma

Big Suspension Mod

so I haven't done anything to my car lately and I was getting the itch. I was originally going to go with just a swaybar set before going to a track day, but then things happened... ended up doing more than I had planned.

I found a good deal on a set of used RCE yellows and Whiteline LCA's, which I couldn't pass up. I wasn't even going to get LCA's originally, but I really like the Whitelines and after hearing that they are no longer being made (in this design), I was pretty sad. after I saw a set of the Whitelines up for sale, I thought I might as well buy it since I wouldn't know when the next time would be for one to come up again.

The install of the springs were pretty simple. I used the shortcut method that doesn't require spring compressors. I just took off the top nut of the shock and raised the car up, swapped springs quickly, hand tightened the top nut, and lowered the car. the front was simple and only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

The rears were more of a mission since I was replacing the LCA's too. it didn't make it any easier being alone when doing it, but I had my trusty jack as a helper. it took me about 7 hours in all, with a few food breaks.

alignment on monday! definitely need it since the car is darting all over the place and twitches when going over bumps at speed.

Last edited by ryoma; 10-31-2017 at 06:35 PM.
ryoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, cwp, subaru, white