follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #15
Talus1

Drives: '06 Cayman, ‘23 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Shop View Post
Just ended up getting the car for about 17500 out the door, 2014 with 28000 miles. Manual transmission so I won't have to worry about DsG fluid or anything. Free oil changes for life if I decide to go back to that dealership.

Drives smooth, much different clutch than my scion
We just traded in our '13 Golf Wagon Tdi (Jetta Sportwagon to you). It was nice enough, being what the wife referred to as the "adult" car in comparison to the BRZ, but we just didn't have a long enough commute to be worth it. In the winter the damn thing never even warmed up by the time we got to work, even using the block heater overnight, lol. Also, we missed having AWD. I'd have been willing to wait to see if VW brought the AWD version of the 7th gen wagon to Canada but the wife didn't want to run it through another winter. She was also paranoid about stalling it, which is surprisingly easy to do when the AC is on full in the summer. Which is how we ended up with a 328i Touring...
Talus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #16
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
over the years have owned or had in immediate family a hadful of vw diesels between mk1 and mk6, have also had several gti/r in family.

vw screwed the jetta platform, it used to be an equivalent to the golf rather than inferior

last fall we traded a 12 golf tdi for a 15 gti. Basically because the newer vw diesels are not the old vw diesels. New ones just have too much fancy emissions related complications and things to break. My 03 on the other hand had the relative sophistication of a tractor.

Our net mpg result factoring for fuel costs are about a wash, and i no longer have to demand the gf gets fuel at only truck stops to hopefully ward off the fuel system grenading due to poor quality diesel.
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote