follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2015, 01:14 AM   #225
FR-Shred

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If anyone wants to see the opposite of this car shoot over to the link in my signature. I saved a car from underglow. haha..

But for real, do you. I bought mine used and it was all hooked up with underglow and I dont like that so I ripped it out. If you like it, put it in. Its your car.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:39 AM   #226
904FRSlow

Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozne99 View Post
I was seriously hoping that I could get tips on getting 200whp, but instead this thread is a **** measuring contest about transmissions.
Full exhaust, aluminum or CF driveshaft, k&n air filter, pro tune =200 mustang dyno whp. I have all except a pro tune so I'm at 192 now.
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 904FRSlow For This Useful Post:
ozne99 (05-16-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 10:52 AM   #227
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnthonyC View Post
The community here is really looking more and more douchebag'y and hypocritical lately. The same people who defend people for their agreeable mod choices are the same ones to criticize for other mod choices. To be fair, making a post with no other purpose than to show what mods the car has is certainly inviting critique, positive or negative..just don't beat the dead horse; you come off as more obnoxious than the underlighting you're hating on.
it's not a dead horse if the person is directly replying to OP's "post". The analogy doesn't have any bearing here.

You can get off your high horse now- agreement and congruence =/= thoughtful discussion

Dissent and conflict have significant value that is overshadowed by an overwhelmingly gentrified and politically driven notion that we must not offend anyone or pass critique that is not glowing and politically correct.

Virtually no groups or people outside of vested, special niches of public and private space hold meaningful socratic discussions anymore because of these very themes you're trying to drive home.

Sorry bud. Underglow, to a majority of those who expressed their thoughts in response to the OP, is cheesy as hell. Did we insult Bugz personally over this perspective? So far, I haven't seen that. Did we express our views and offer our critiques? Yes.
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
gramicci101 (05-15-2015), soulreapersteve (05-15-2015), stugray (05-15-2015), Tcoat (05-15-2015), Ultramaroon (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #228
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
Full exhaust, aluminum or CF driveshaft, k&n air filter, pro tune =200 mustang dyno whp. I have all except a pro tune so I'm at 192 now.
@stugray did you know that an aluminum or CF driveshaft increases HP or has ANY realizable bearing on WHP?

Notice he also knows that without his pro-tune he's right at 192. LOL. I love it. Must have taken the measurements from his butt dyno, which also confirmed that he can feel the performance increase of his driveshaft.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
stugray (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #229
904FRSlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
@stugray did you know that an aluminum or CF driveshaft increases HP or has ANY realizable bearing on WHP?

Notice he also knows that without his pro-tune he's right at 192. LOL. I love it. Must have taken the measurements from his butt dyno, which also confirmed that he can feel the performance increase of his driveshaft.
You realize it frees up some HP since its one piece and lighter.. ill find you the sheets but I'm at work now.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #230
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
You realize it frees up some HP since its one piece and lighter.. ill find you the sheets but I'm at work now.
You realize the empirical, calculated HP gain is SO insignificant that you're LITERALLY talking about less than a fraction of a SINGLE hp?

Refer:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=115

Refer additionally:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82353

But please. Find me the marketing sheets... err.. the "technical" sheets of how your one piece alu or CF driveshaft increases your WHP by a realizable amount
Old 05-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #231
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
My back of envelope calculations show that if you could magically make the driveshaft weight ZERO, you would suddenly have a whopping 1/4 more hp (more realistically like 1/10).

So I am very interested in seeing the "sheets".

The whole thread is one of the most entertaining I have read in a while, but here is the page with the calcs:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=82353&page=5

So can you "feel" the difference between the stock and high perf driveshafts?
Yes, but it is likely because the NVH is WORSE which feels like more hp.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
Koa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #232
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
When you say "full exhaust" do you mean Header (w or w/o CATs) , overpipe, and cat back?

Full exhaust - MAYBE 10 hp (with a tune)
alum or CF DS - 0 hp
k&N AF - 2 hp

So without the tune, BEST case ~180-182 hp
BUT - ANY "full" exhaust you put on WITHOUT a tune = -5 hp.

So you are @ about 173 hp at the wheels (my SWAG).
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
Koa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #233
MrAnthonyC
Antagonist

Drives: 2014 Scion Fr-S (Firestorm)(stock)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
it's not a dead horse if the person is directly replying to OP's "post". The analogy doesn't have any bearing here.

You can get off your high horse now- agreement and congruence =/= thoughtful discussion

Dissent and conflict have significant value that is overshadowed by an overwhelmingly gentrified and politically driven notion that we must not offend anyone or pass critique that is not glowing and politically correct.

Virtually no groups or people outside of vested, special niches of public and private space hold meaningful socratic discussions anymore because of these very themes you're trying to drive home.

Sorry bud. Underglow, to a majority of those who expressed their thoughts in response to the OP, is cheesy as hell. Did we insult Bugz personally over this perspective? So far, I haven't seen that. Did we express our views and offer our critiques? Yes.
Wow, you really came to a thumb war with an AK-47, didn't you?

In my opinion, when 5-10 people already expressed their disapproval of something, it becomes excessive. It's already obvious what the general consensus is..does everyone need to keep throwing tomatoes when hes already covered in head to toe?

As far as your well-worded following sentences, i'm not sure where the meaningful socratic discussion is occurring in this thread...maybe you're referring to the "lol fast and furious" and "what year is it" jokes. I also never spoke on OP's behalf nor said that he was hurt by the comments, so not sure why its relevant to bring up his feelings in an argument directed towards my post. I expressed my own opinions of the content of the thread.
MrAnthonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrAnthonyC For This Useful Post:
Koa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #234
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnthonyC View Post
Wow, you really came to a thumb war with an AK-47, didn't you?

In my opinion, when 5-10 people already expressed their disapproval of something, it becomes excessive. It's already obvious what the general consensus is..does everyone need to keep throwing tomatoes when hes already covered in head to toe?

As far as your well-worded following sentences, i'm not sure where the meaningful socratic discussion is occurring in this thread...maybe you're referring to the "lol fast and furious" and "what year is it" jokes. I also never spoke on OP's behalf nor said that he was hurt by the comments, so not sure why its relevant to bring up his feelings in an argument directed towards my post. I expressed my own opinions of the content of the thread.
Again your logical flaw is associating and tying congruence of the majority with individual perspective. It doesn't matter if 5 or 50 people let this guy know how cheesy they think his stuff is, or how they think his street cred is improved because of the work done and exhibited on his thread. The majority should not hold power over an individual's right and capacity for independent thought.

It would be a whole 'nother case if one person was posting 50 times about his dissent here. Hold the individual responsible to their actions, not the group, to judge a person's right to beat the horse.

Glad you have your opinion, didn't know this was a war to be fought about. Your avatar's sub title is, "Antagonist". How ironic.

Did I ever say this thread would have meaningful socratic discussion? You're assuming a lot here.

If you think this is crude or savage bashing, I implore you to go over to NASIOC and post this video in the exact same fashion. Or Hondatech. Or lowlife. Or Miata forums. Come back and let's talk about your findings. Where's the douchebaggery in this community, again?
The Following User Says Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
srizzors25 (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #235
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Drives: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 R6 Race Bike
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzYaBoyBugZ View Post
my Invidia N1 Exhaust doesn't seem to fit evenly ...
if you look at pipes, right side pipe almost touches bumper
took to shop had adjusted, got a little better but not perfect
*didnt hit anything, never driver over speed bumps etc

I think thats just the N1. I have the same exhaust on my car and it pretty much sits the same way. Didn't care much to adjust it need to bend some pipes or something. it's one of the cheapest name brand exhausts on the market so I'm not too worried about it. Thankfully I'm not super OCD so it doesn't drive me insane haha. Wouldn't worry about it pretty standard.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #236
MrAnthonyC
Antagonist

Drives: 2014 Scion Fr-S (Firestorm)(stock)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Again your logical flaw is associating and tying congruence of the majority with individual perspective. It doesn't matter if 5 or 50 people let this guy know how cheesy they think his stuff is, or how they think his street cred is improved because of the work done and exhibited on his thread. The majority should not hold power over an individual's right and capacity for independent thought.

It would be a whole 'nother case if one person was posting 50 times about his dissent here. Hold the individual responsible to their actions, not the group, to judge a person's right to beat the horse.

Glad you have your opinion, didn't know this was a war to be fought about. Your avatar's sub title is, "Antagonist". How ironic.

Did I ever say this thread would have meaningful socratic discussion? You're assuming a lot here.

If you think this is crude or savage bashing, I implore you to go over to NASIOC and post this video in the exact same fashion. Or Hondatech. Or lowlife. Or Miata forums. Come back and let's talk about your findings. Where's the douchebaggery in this community, again?
Quote:
Is the above statement not a comparison of a "meaningful socratic discussion" to this thread? If not, why bother mentioning that point at all?

I, again, did not say that there is "savage bashing" or anything even close to that, so once again you're putting words in my mouth for the sake of justifying the content of your last paragraph that you wanted to fit into your response. " "

There's nothing wrong with being NICE or POLITE to people. If you are at work and someone is wearing an ugly sweater, you don't need to go out of your way to tell them that it's ugly. You don't need to express negativity all the time. It's not a requisite of being a member of a forum either.. your opinion is apparently opposite of that, and you're entitled to it. My opinion is people should have more restraint with negative opinions of people's choices.
MrAnthonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrAnthonyC For This Useful Post:
Koa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #237
904FRSlow

App is giving me resolution problems. Ill give the whole paper once I get on my computer
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 904FRSlow For This Useful Post:
MrAnthonyC (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #238
904FRSlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
When you say "full exhaust" do you mean Header (w or w/o CATs) , overpipe, and cat back?

Full exhaust - MAYBE 10 hp (with a tune)
alum or CF DS - 0 hp
k&N AF - 2 hp

So without the tune, BEST case ~180-182 hp
BUT - ANY "full" exhaust you put on WITHOUT a tune = -5 hp.

So you are @ about 173 hp at the wheels (my SWAG).
I have a full exhaust with a high flow cat on my FP, k&n filter, openflash tune atm, and the driveshaft shop 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. My friend with a straightpipe but stock driveshaft dynod at the same place at 178 to the wheels.