follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #211
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
They have already ordered their color preferences prior to may 5. Everyone is just waiting. Test drive vehicles Will be released prior to June 1. So just relax guys. We got one week left.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #212
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been saying this for weeks. I can't wait any longer!! Just too excited.

A lot of people have been asking me "where's the new car" as well as "oh its not here yet?". So it's kinda annoying to be left hanging without info.

Plus, why wouldn't they be able to sort out VIN's? They know who wants what and surely they must know what they have or expect to get. So why can't they just start calling number 1 through number 10 and assign all the cars.

Really its not that hard. Plus they would get a head start on turning over the sales ahead of time if they already knew what colour/car you wanted. I've personally told Ahmed the last time we were all there, I want any colour except black with preference for blue with the regular stereo and a stick. He's pretty much got my order already.

Also, what about the CP rail strike? All those cars for east coast people are just sitting there. Why not simply let us buy those cars and swap the ones coming for the ones they currently can't move?

I guess because I've worked in the warehouse/distribution business, my brain thinks differently. With a warehouse, the managers know to the penny exactly what each square foot is worth in the warehouse as well as how much money they lose if the product simply sits there.

Ben

Last edited by bneale; 05-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #213
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
I hope they don't something lame like holding our cars in the lot until they are able to deliver the cars to the East for a "unified release"
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #214
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
not sure about you guys but I just got invited to a special driving event for the FRS. Going to the airport Pitt Meadows for a autocross event held in conjunction with VCMC.

Each dealer draws one person according to the e-mail.

Marloon you should harass those Scion Surrey for a spot!

I'll be sure to take pics!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #215
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
AutoX is cheap, just sign up for it, without the free draw ;-)
Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #216
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
AutoX is cheap, just sign up for it, without the free draw ;-)
FAIL!!

This is an event held by the VCMC club in conjunction with Scion. Not the same thing as a regular local club autocross event. Scion is providing the cars for everyone to drive. I even confirmed last night with my fellow VCMC member that they will have the cars running on race comp tires for this weekends event.

Lucky for you guys going. I wish I could go.

Ben
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #217
Capt Canuck

^Apologies for not being more explicit.
I thought maybe you would have been able to make the leap without the extra step
First Sign up/join the VCMC and then sign up for the event
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #218
bneale

You can't just sign up for this. 60 people from VCMC have already been selected.

I don't think anyone can simply do this as you suggest. 2 Friends I played soccer with last night are from VCMC and if this was the case, they would have just told me so.

I would be all over this like a fat kid on a doughnut if I could simply sign up.

EDIT: I just went and read the rules. Sign up was May 18th and is most likely full already. You have to autocross your own car if your coming from the VCMC side. So, there's no chance in hell my Audi would survive a weekend of thrashing. Plus the tires are going bald and it would roll like a pig in the mud.

Ben
Old 05-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #219
Capt Canuck

^Fair enough, if it is full, than it is full and I guess you will need to get plucked by Scion then.
You could have signed up, have your car fail tech and then just take the two runs in the FRS
You'll have a car soon enough to track to your heart's content, but it is cool to see Scion doing some grass roots stuff for folks in the GVRD.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #220
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
^Fair enough, if it is full, than it is full and I guess you will need to get plucked by Scion then.
You could have signed up, have your car fail tech and then just take the two runs in the FRS
You'll have a car soon enough to track to your heart's content, but it is cool to see Scion doing some grass roots stuff for folks in the GVRD.
I'd like to do that but I'm sure someone else really wants to run their car. I would feel bad by holding their spot just to drive the FR-S.

Ahmed said the cars are here next week. So I can wait a little longer and then drive my own FR-S.

I will be competing in the VCMC events as soon as the car gets here and whenever I can complete the engine break in.

Ben
Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #221
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
I've been saying this for weeks. I can't wait any longer!! Just too excited.

A lot of people have been asking me "where's the new car" as well as "oh its not here yet?". So it's kinda annoying to be left hanging without info.

Ben
Hey Ben,

I definitely know what you mean about being antsy! I think all of us are - well i am to say the least!

Cory must be antsy as hell! he's waiting for the BRZ as well. I wonder what Mr. Jay is going to do with his two preorders. I've already canceled all of my Subaru Pre-orders and have kept it to two dealers. JP Surrey and OR Richmond. I've already paid off all of my pre-orders. I am just waiting now... OH MAN! NExt week can't get here any quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
I hope they don't something lame like holding our cars in the lot until they are able to deliver the cars to the East for a "unified release"
Unified release?! I'll give them a "unified release" if i can't get my car! (wait. that sounds dirty and just plain wrong. meh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
not sure about you guys but I just got invited to a special driving event for the FRS. Going to the airport Pitt Meadows for a autocross event held in conjunction with VCMC.

Each dealer draws one person according to the e-mail.

Marloon you should harass those Scion Surrey for a spot!

I'll be sure to take pics!
I didn't get invited. LAME. Whatever. I have super important things to do right now such as figure out where I can get more money so i can buy my wheels AND study to pass my boards exam on June 6. LOL. My graduation is on June 7.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #222
bneale

Thats the same day my insurance is up. I better have the car by June 7th or I'm not going to be a happy camper.

I'll have to get rid of the Audi before June 7th which means trading it in even if the FRS is not here. But I REALLY don't want to have to bus to work for 6am. Thats like a 4:30 - 5:00 am wake up for me.

This is why I REALLY need to know when the car is going to be here. It's so I can sort my life out and make commuting to work a lot easier for myself.

Ben
Old 05-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #223
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
Hey Ben,

I definitely know what you mean about being antsy! I think all of us are - well i am to say the least!

Cory must be antsy as hell! he's waiting for the BRZ as well. I wonder what Mr. Jay is going to do with his two preorders. I've already canceled all of my Subaru Pre-orders and have kept it to two dealers. JP Surrey and OR Richmond. I've already paid off all of my pre-orders. I am just waiting now... OH MAN! NExt week can't get here any quicker.

Unified release?! I'll give them a "unified release" if i can't get my car! (wait. that sounds dirty and just plain wrong. meh).

I didn't get invited. LAME. Whatever. I have super important things to do right now such as figure out where I can get more money so i can buy my wheels AND study to pass my boards exam on June 6. LOL. My graduation is on June 7.
I am a Little Antsy...but remember, i haven't 100% Committed to this car. I have to get an official appraisal of my WRX in the next week or two, that'll be a huge determing factor. I wont be bent over a barrel just to have this car

btw, anyone heard if Open road richmond has their demo yet?

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #224
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
btw, anyone heard if Open road richmond has their demo yet?
According to an email I got from Ahmed 2 days ago, it was to be delivered today or yesterday. So it should be there after today sort of thing.

But I would call them and ask them if they have it first before going down to see it. Right now I question everything these guys are saying.

I'm seriously worried its going to be end of June or early July before we see our cars.

Ben