follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #113
TwinscrollGT35R

Drives: 2006 Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxmn View Post
but you don't understand, there is no demo car, at this point, there is none that i know of and there shouldn't be any. unless it's some towns where no one cares about car, every dealer has a long wait list and not enough car to sell, why the hell do they have cars for pp to test drive?
There has been many traveling demo cars. They had a demo fleet. These were for show. Not customer test drive. They traveled to dealers and were on display for a few days before going off to the next dealership.

Hell the BRZ are still out there floating around the dealers.
TwinscrollGT35R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #114
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
yawn, whatever, i dont see logic and purpose in your debate man. i'm gonna go grab lunch in my frs
luxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #115
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I don't have a facepalm gif big enough for TwinScroll...

Regardless, should you wish to continue this further, pm me...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #116
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxmn View Post
yawn, whatever, i dont see logic and purpose in your debate man. i'm gonna go grab lunch in my frs

XD don't rub it in
Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #117
Lonewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinscrollGT35R View Post
I work in the high end motorcycle world. Ducati, MV and Harley few other brands. I deal with this stuff all the time. I deal with Ducati and MV owners that do not even want us to take their bikes out of the crate. But I then take the time to explain to them why we have to and what we do.

I also have owned many pre ordered cars, trucks and motorcycles. But I also understand things better. I also feel out the dealership before buying.
Walk into a place and shop the service dept. Or parts dept. See how things are and how they treat you. Ask some dumb questions and see how it goes...
Is the shop clean? is the floor clean?

Do that before you buy...
22 miles is not a test drive or pre delivery inspection...
Old 05-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #118
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
If it happened. But at this point we only have some guy making a comment. Which means nothing.
Agreed. But you can't blame the owner for wanting to find out more info.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #119
Midship Runabout
formerly Dixie Normous

Drives: The ladies wild!
Quick raise of hand, who here has a job that they have an oppurtunity to do something that most others don't? A dealer tech has the chance to drive a brand new sports car. You try and tell me you would just baby it along the test drive with out punching it once, and I will tell you to get off your high horse. Perks of the job. I don't blame the tech at all.

Maybe they were checking for unusual road or motor noise at high rpm or vehicle speed??
Old 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #120
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
The buyer still makes the choice to buy or not to buy.

Next.... Mr legal beagle, You should also understand that unless you have proof that the car was beat up, red lined, wrecked or what ever. Its 100% hearsay. Maybe a "sales" guy was talking out his #$%. It happens more then not.
Well, there's always that nifty little ECU built into the var that can tell you exactly what you're asking. They use it to deny warranty claims all the time.

"bent valves?" "let's go check that ECU for you sir"
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #121
TwinscrollGT35R

Drives: 2006 Subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
Well, there's always that nifty little ECU built into the var that can tell you exactly what you're asking. They use it to deny warranty claims all the time.

"bent valves?" "let's go check that ECU for you sir"
Ehh.. You talking about a CEL snap shot? The ECU only records freeze frame data when a CEL takes place.

The airbag ecu records on airbag deployment.

Is it just me that is offended by the negative B.S. towards techs, and the lack of real info? Any other techs out there notice this? Maybe its just an age thing??
TwinscrollGT35R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #122
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Nope, no offense and plenty of stories from the past to support the skepticism. Its like cops; when they are doing there jobs right its all coming up roses... but if they start screwing around people take notice... quick. IMO a little prudence could go a long way at the stealership and its staff.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #123
punchdrunkjuice

Drives: haha, 2000 Subaru Impreza L wagon
Garage
no offense to the OP, but as a representative of a Toyota/Scion dealership (as well as one waiting for their own FR-S) I will guarantee that 10 miles is def. not a test drive, let alone a joy ride. If you have ever owned any enthusiast car prior you will know that 10 logged miles is not anywhere close to anything near resembling "joy". I know for a fact that my FR-S will have over 10 miles on it when I take delivery of the vehicle between the PDI and fueling the vehicle.
punchdrunkjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #124
jimmillion
Power Ranger Elite

Drives: '13 WRB Sport-tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
22 miles is not a test drive or pre delivery inspection...
.....are you guys still debating over SpeedR's comment?! I've just read thru all the pages since his comment and he hasn't even come back to expand on his statement aside from that he was pissed.

everyone is taking this far to personal. I say for everyone's input, but lets get back to some regular scheduled programming.

Luxmn post some pictures when you get the chance.

jimmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #125
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Quote:
Ehh.. You talking about a CEL snap shot? The ECU only records freeze frame data when a CEL takes place.

The airbag ecu records on airbag deployment.
That's good to know.

There is always that device the insurance companies plug in though(obviously not applicable here). I thought it worked the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkjuice View Post
no offense to the OP, but as a representative of a Toyota/Scion dealership (as well as one waiting for their own FR-S) I will guarantee that 10 miles is def. not a test drive, let alone a joy ride.
Well guess what? You're wrong.

The last two test drives I went on(Scion tC/Civic Si) were both under 6 miles each. In fact, the tC salesman had a route already for test drives, and it was 2 miles around the dealership. I asked if we could go around again..."no" was his answer.

Your guarantee isn't worth shit outside your own dealership. You cannot speak for every dealership.

Last edited by fistpoint; 05-22-2012 at 05:05 AM.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #126
Lonewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMs|a|MILLION View Post
.....are you guys still debating over SpeedR's comment?! I've just read thru all the pages since his comment and he hasn't even come back to expand on his statement aside from that he was pissed.

everyone is taking this far to personal. I say for everyone's input, but lets get back to some regular scheduled programming.

Luxmn post some pictures when you get the chance.
When it's your car, you can decide what's okay for you. 22 miles is NOT okay for a first 86 car to me and it wasn't for the op either. I don't want some punk salesperson hooning around in my car, redlining it and trying to drift it and god knows what else. I would want that car as cherry as possible when I take delivery.

Last edited by Lonewolf; 05-18-2012 at 06:49 PM.