follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-20-2015, 12:01 PM   #169
BRZFanatix

Drives: Soon to be BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
What up guys, finally joining the ST convo. Here's how she sits right now. Put the wheels and coils on during the Superbowl, and I'm loving the new look.

@bobsacamenoh... You wanted pics of how those wheels turned out. They look fresh to death man, thanks again.
Nice mang! 255 tires all around? How much of a drop did you do?? 35mm?
BRZFanatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #170
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZFanatix View Post
Nice mang! 255 tires all around? How much of a drop did you do?? 35mm?
Thanks man! I'm rocking BBS CH-R 18x8 + 38. with PSS 225's all around. Didn't break out the tape as I am max low in the front and about 12mm higher in the back. Now that it's broken in a bit though I'm going to raise it by around 10mm because I'm getting a tiny bit of rubbing on the front tires if I hit a bump while cornering... I also think I'll put 10-20mm adapters in the rear because I love the small amount of front poke I have but the huge rear tuck drives my eyes crazy. haha
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #171
BRZFanatix

Quote:
Thanks man! I'm rocking BBS CH-R 18x8 + 38. with PSS 225's all around. Didn't break out the tape as I am max low in the front and about 12mm higher in the back. Now that it's broken in a bit though I'm going to raise it by around 10mm because I'm getting a tiny bit of rubbing on the front tires if I hit a bump while cornering... I also think I'll put 10-20mm adapters in the rear because I love the small amount of front poke I have but the huge rear tuck drives my eyes crazy. haha
Good shit! Can't wait to get my BRZ, whats the max drop on those coils since you said you were max low in the front?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #172
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Good shit! Can't wait to get my BRZ, whats the max drop on those coils since you said you were max low in the front?
I want to say 50mm or 2in. Somewhere right around that mark haha, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... I was a little distracted by the Superbowl when I installed them.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #173
BRZFanatix

Quote:
I want to say 50mm or 2in. Somewhere right around that mark haha, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... I was a little distracted by the Superbowl when I installed them.
Looks about right! Good shit! If that's you installing that distracted you did a good shit son!
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZFanatix For This Useful Post:
Special_K (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #174
BRZFanatix

For me, Im doing this when I get my ride:

18x9.5 Rota Grid (5x100/e38/73)

ST Suspension Coils

SPC Performance Adjustable LCA

And wheels:

255.35.18 All around

Thats all I would need, I thought I would need camber bolts in the front, but they are adjustable just like the KW's so Im getting the LCA for the rears. What do you think? Pretty sick huh
Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #175
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Looks about right! Good shit! If that's you installing that distracted you did a good shit son!
Thanks man, My roommate and I just worked through the commercials and halftime. Granted it took all day to do it that way, but we got it done... Driving it to the alignment shop the next day it was clunking something fierce in the rear, and I was sure I had messed something up. Turns out I just needed and extra turn or two on the top mount. So all in all no problems.
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #176
BRZFanatix

What do you think about what I'm going to put on my ride? Its in the post above yours lol
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #177
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

ST Suspension Coils

And wheels:
255.35.18 All around
Thats all I would need, I thought I would need camber bolts in the front, but they are adjustable just like the KW's so Im getting the LCA for the rears. What do you think? Pretty sick huh
ST Coilovers do look good...

Here was my setup on ST Coils, dropped 1.25" on 18x9 +40 with 245/40/18.
Not quite the same as yours-but close, and it should look damn sick.
Also, I do NOT have adjustable rear arms (yet) and just from the drop I'm at -2.5 on the rear for camber...I've been like that for 15k, and have had very very little camber wear-its been pretty darn even. Im at 0 toe, btw.

continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
D5teph (06-06-2016), jayhoang (02-23-2015), Josue Cafe FR-S (06-10-2016), Special_K (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #178
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:

ST Suspension Coils

And wheels:

255.35.18 All around

The wheels will fit nicely with that +38 offset, mild poke in the front and tuck in the rear. I'm not sure what you mean by the fronts being adjustable, if you are planning on keeping the OEM top mounts then I would recommend putting a camber bolt up front. I have the SPC bolt in the front. If you are going to put in something like the Vorshlag top mounts then you wont need anything else. Do some checking around to see what kind of camber you will need to be running up front to fit that wheel/tire combo without rubbing or just head over the the will-it-fit thread because they have literally every combination already posted..

And for the rear depending on what you are going for, you might not even need the LCA. The natural camber from drop is pretty tame and a competent alignment shop can get you back in spec. That said, it wouldn't hurt and might make future modifications less of a hassle.
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #179
BRZFanatix

Quote:
The wheels will fit nicely with that +38 offset, mild poke in the front and tuck in the rear. I'm not sure what you mean by the fronts being adjustable, if you are planning on keeping the OEM top mounts then I would recommend putting a camber bolt up front. I have the SPC bolt in the front. If you are going to put in something like the Vorshlag top mounts then you wont need anything else. Do some checking around to see what kind of camber you will need to be running up front to fit that wheel/tire combo without rubbing or just head over the the will-it-fit thread because they have literally every combination already posted..

And for the rear depending on what you are going for, you might not even need the LCA. The natural camber from drop is pretty tame and a competent alignment shop can get you back in spec. That said, it wouldn't hurt and might make future modifications less of a hassle.
How about these:

SPC Performance Cam bolts

Would that work for the front? Thats all I would need right?

Edit:

From what I heard, I can run that without needed any camber bolts in the front
Old 02-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #180
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
ST Coilovers do look good...

Here was my setup on ST Coils, dropped 1.25" on 18x9 +40 with 245/40/18.
Not quite the same as yours-but close, and it should look damn sick.
Also, I do NOT have adjustable rear arms (yet) and just from the drop I'm at -2.5 on the rear for camber...I've been like that for 15k, and have had very very little camber wear-its been pretty darn even. Im at 0 toe, btw.
^^What he said. Our cars are really easy to work on, and often times you can get away with adding a part at a time. So cars you'd have to rip out and replace everything all at once to get it all to fit right, i.e. brakes, susp, lca, mounts, bushings, rods, etc... But on ours you can start pretty much anywhere. LCA's are sick yea, but depending on what you're wanting out of your car you may be better off putting that $300-$1000 elsewhere to start.
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #181
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
How about these:

SPC Performance Cam bolts

Would that work for the front? Thats all I would need right?

Edit:

From what I heard, I can run that without needed any camber bolts in the front
I'm running that exact bolt in the lower strut hole. Maybe you can get away with not having it, I just threw them in and called it a day. Once I get my new top mounts I'll pull it back out.
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #182
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
With just using the adjustment slot on the ST coil for the fronts, I was able to get about -1.5...

but as @Special_K said, this car is great since you can add-on as you go.
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
BRZFanatix (02-20-2015), Special_K (02-20-2015)