follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #687
nunonuna

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsc View Post
Hey guys I am new here dont have a twin yet I am out of the country right now, but will be back soon! I looked in the thread as far as what dealer to buy from Beaman Scion seems to have the best selection, but is it just me or is there not many of these cars around?? Thinking of just going for a 15' Base model and some basic mods to start. Also any good shops in the area of clarksville/hopkinsville plan on doing the mods myself but will need a tuner to dial things in
Hi welcome~

As far as I know, the closest tuner is Dynosty in Louisville, KY.
If you don't plan to go with FI route, I would suggest to get Open Flash Tablet by Vishnu tuning.

Also, get the header first as starting bolt on mod if you are going NA. You would not feel any
significant power gain from CBE, test pipe and over pipe, but you can feel the gain of header.

For FI set up, there are many options to choose but AVOID "FA20club".
As you can find there are many threads here in this forum saying they are total scammer now.
They used to be good at the beginning but NOT anymore.
nunonuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #688
tbirdsc

Drives: VW Rabbit
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the tips I looked at Dynosty seems like they know what they are doing. Should be back in the states soon prob going to go to Beaman Scion they have good reviews on here. Just need to find a good deal but will get a 15' if I can't find any. Thanks again for the advice on mods still up in the air about what I want to do with the car
tbirdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #689
pf330ci

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsc View Post
Thanks for the tips I looked at Dynosty seems like they know what they are doing. Should be back in the states soon prob going to go to Beaman Scion they have good reviews on here. Just need to find a good deal but will get a 15' if I can't find any. Thanks again for the advice on mods still up in the air about what I want to do with the car
If Knoxville happens to be a distance you would travel to pick up a BRZ, they had 5 '14 BRZ's last week for sale. There is a great guy there named John who just moved in from Nash. Great guy to work with.
pf330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #690
lucid215

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
i know one of the sales guys here in clarksville. i can help you out with the parts, ordering and installing. if you dont wanna go to dynosty you can also look into delicious tuning for etunes or james and get tuned through ecutek.
lucid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #691
Scuba86

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram Raven
how many people are going to import alliance next Saturday?
Scuba86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #692
lucid215

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Garage
i am and im bringing probably about 4 other twins and a few other cars with me. we are coming from clarksville
lucid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #693
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunonuna View Post
Hi welcome~

As far as I know, the closest tuner is Dynosty in Louisville, KY.
If you don't plan to go with FI route, I would suggest to get Open Flash Tablet by Vishnu tuning.

Also, get the header first as starting bolt on mod if you are going NA. You would not feel any
significant power gain from CBE, test pipe and over pipe, but you can feel the gain of header.

For FI set up, there are many options to choose but AVOID "FA20club".
As you can find there are many threads here in this forum saying they are total scammer now.
They used to be good at the beginning but NOT anymore.

What about Gage Performance(Smyrna) and Deftmotion(Murfreesboro) ?

Has anybody checked them out? I plan on going the FI route within a year or 2 after the car has been paid off.

I been looking at Dynosty, I was told by another member on this forum that I should check out HRI (HachiRoku Industry or something) located in Florida. I'm asking about Gage and Deftmotion because Deftmotion has a lot of BRZ and FRS parts and I heard that there is someone that's been tuning cars for about 10 years. I was hoping maybe someone in the FT86 family has given them a shot and can tell us how they are.

Last edited by Alltezza; 11-04-2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to add some more stuff
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #694
nunonuna

Garage
I dont think they are familiar with this car. Even reputable tuners had issues when they didnt have enough experience on tuning our cars despite all their years of tuning background. I would rather look for tuner later when you are ready to go FI since you are not gonna get FI any soon. Who knows they may have some experience on twins year+ later. Also Carma-Performance started offer AMR dfc ecu tune(which is Ecutek I believe) few weeks ago but I doubt carma is familiar with twins yet either, but Erin @ Carma seems nice guy to work with. I may visit him soon for Dyno run. When I get to have chance to talk to him about details of what he is offering, I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
What about Gage Performance(Smyrna) and Deftmotion(Murfreesboro) ?

Has anybody checked them out? I plan on going the FI route within a year or 2 after the car has been paid off.

I been looking at Dynosty, I was told by another member on this forum that I should check out HRI (HachiRoku Industry or something) located in Florida. I'm asking about Gage and Deftmotion because Deftmotion has a lot of BRZ and FRS parts and I heard that there is someone that's been tuning cars for about 10 years. I was hoping maybe someone in the FT86 family has given them a shot and can tell us how they are.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #695
Alltezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunonuna View Post
I dont think they are familiar with this car. Even reputable tuners had issues when they didnt have enough experience on tuning our cars despite all their years of tuning background. I would rather look for tuner later when you are ready to go FI since you are not gonna get FI any soon. Who knows they may have some experience on twins year+ later. Also Carma-Performance started offer AMR dfc ecu tune(which is Ecutek I believe) few weeks ago but I doubt carma is familiar with twins yet either, but Erin @ Carma seems nice guy to work with. I may visit him soon for Dyno run. When I get to have chance to talk to him about details of what he is offering, I will let you know.
Damn that's really what I wanted to hear, hopefully in a year or so there will be good tuners here in Tennessee. But if I hear bad things about them I will not hesitate to drive all the way to KY to Dynosty or HRI to get a damn good tune. But yeah since it'll be a while hopefully newer and better kits come that I get to enjoy lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
A good tune is worth any amount of money or any distance you have to drive to get it.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #696
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Damn that's really what I wanted to hear, hopefully in a year or so there will be good tuners here in Tennessee. But if I hear bad things about them I will not hesitate to drive all the way to KY to Dynosty or HRI to get a damn good tune. But yeah since it'll be a while hopefully newer and better kits come that I get to enjoy lol
The guys at Dynosty are good too.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #697
Alltezza

Hey! What's goin on guys, so the Winter season is coming up and I looked up the weather and it looks like its going to rain and freeze this coming Sunday and it's going to snow on Monday.

What tires are you guys planning on buying for your cars?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #698
nunonuna

Garage
Quote:
Hey! What's goin on guys, so the Winter season is coming up and I looked up the weather and it looks like its going to rain and freeze this coming Sunday and it's going to snow on Monday.

What tires are you guys planning on buying for your cars?
For the best result, get performance winter tire. All-season is not gonna do any better than winter tire, but if you are looking for all season solution, I recommend General Gmax as-03. This tire is UHP all season, but designed more towards to winter performance. I use this on mine for colder weather. It actually provides better grip under cold temperature. When we had severe icy condition road in last winter, this tire was able to let me drive in that condition. Of course, the speed of 10-15mph.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #699
nunonuna

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid215 View Post
What dyno was this on? I definitely want to redyno mine. I did 177/142 on a dynojet with intake op FP and axle back. Now I have ofh and oft
Is there a dynojet Dyno shop in your area? I want to try them out with my header. Do they do it on Saturdays? I went to carma yesterday to redyno with new header, but the out put was 4whp less than last time without header. I didn't understand because many other people's Dyno shows gains through out the power band with same mods.

Only difference other than header on my car is I put wheels and tires of all season for winter. Last time I got summer tire tho. Does grip of tire effects Dyno reading?

I really wanted to try dynojet at the beginning anyway so would you please let me know about dynojet shop?
Old 11-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #700
ArmBRZ

Drives: 2013 Lighting Red BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Whats up everyone!!! Just got my 2013 BRZ limited about a week ago. I will be sharing my slow transformation on here, instagram and youtube.
ArmBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmBRZ For This Useful Post:
lucid215 (11-24-2014)