follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #631
*LongFella

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S|Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Jackson Racing Rotrex Supercharger System Info and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma View Post
Mike, can you guys sell the kit with a special tune from a tuner like Delicious tuning or something if we want to buy the kit but need a tune for a full exhaust?

I would like to buy a package so that there is almost no final adjustment to make.

I might be mistaken, but I thought Delicious created a 91 octane tune for this kit you can order from him. I'm not sure what else would be needed... maybe a new MAF??

“You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” - Frank McCourt
*LongFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #632
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Aftermarket header = will probably a tune
Ya I had zero intention of a carb tune here no such laws anyhow.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #633
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,183 Times in 6,838 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma View Post
Mike, can you guys sell the kit with a special tune from a tuner like Delicious tuning or something if we want to buy the kit but need a tune for a full exhaust?

I would like to buy a package so that there is almost no final adjustment to make.
The only tune we sell for this kit is the CARB tune by Jackson Racing. If you want a Delicious tune, you'll need to contact @DeliciousTuning or @sales@delicioustuning.com
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #634
CSG Mike

Thanked 14,183 Times in 6,838 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Ya I had zero intention of a carb tune here no such laws anyhow.

It's not just that it's CARB legal. Rather, it's a tune that was developed over hundreds dyno pulls and 15k+ street/track miles in conditions ranging from freezing weather in Colorado to Death Valley (HOT!) in California. In other words, it's very refined, at both partial and full throttle, and covers the entire range of conditions you may face.

It also adapts to high octane gas, for when you get the opportunity to fill up with the good stuff.

How many pulls does your tuner do when they tune your car? Is the dyno/tuner capable of doing partial throttle tuning?
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 AM   #635
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
Quote:
It's not just that it's CARB legal. Rather, it's a tune that was developed over hundreds dyno pulls and 15k+ street/track miles in conditions ranging from freezing weather in Colorado to Death Valley (HOT!) in California. In other words, it's very refined, at both partial and full throttle, and covers the entire range of conditions you may face.

It also adapts to high octane gas, for when you get the opportunity to fill up with the good stuff.

How many pulls does your tuner do when they tune your car? Is the dyno/tuner capable of doing partial throttle tuning?
Good question I don't have that answer as I don't have kit, nor tuner etc. I just assumed that with an aftermarket CBE and also aftermarket overpipe that a CARB tune would not be even recommended? If it is fine that makes life even easier and I'd like to know for sure.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #636
sw20kosh

Drives: 2013 Black FR-S
Thanked 2,014 Times in 990 Posts
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

So IAM set to 7 and it increases towards 1 if you run higher octane because it is receiving less knock feedback with the high octane?
sw20kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #637
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:

As much as I want to do to this car, in the end I find myself only executing mods that I can set and forget. I'm now a father and have a lot more on my plate so time is harder to come by. Also, this car more than any I've ever owned just makes me want to drive, not tinker. What Mike states above is the very reason I'm still planning for the JR kit with the CARB tune, and I live nowhere near CA. I'm sure some local tuners can do a great job, but with the time and energy JR has put into refinement, along with a single day of install in my garage, makes this a hands down winner for my needs. This year the bike is paid off. 2015 may be the year to go FI.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
*LongFella (07-30-2014), OICU812 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #638
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Quote:

As Mike has stated the CARB tune from Jackson is a very good tune. It is little different approach from what we have done. They are still using a blow through MAF sensor setup for proper Air/Fuel mixtures, where as we are using a pure Speed Density setup which calculates the values needed for the ECU a little differently.

We are able to make a little more power than the Jackson Racing tune (though not a whole lot) and can offer a FlexFuel tune with the kit which really makes the kit shine (a lot more power). Of course all the other RaceROM options are available too, such as Launch Control, Auto-Blip, Custom Traction Control, etc...

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (07-30-2014), ShoGun (08-02-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #639
*LongFella

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S|Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
As Mike has stated the CARB tune from Jackson is a very good tune. It is little different approach from what we have done. They are still using a blow through MAF sensor setup for proper Air/Fuel mixtures, where as we are using a pure Speed Density setup which calculates the values needed for the ECU a little differently.

We are able to make a little more power than the Jackson Racing tune (though not a whole lot) and can offer a FlexFuel tune with the kit which really makes the kit shine (a lot more power). Of course all the other RaceROM options are available too, such as Launch Control, Auto-Blip, Custom Traction Control, etc...

Cheers,

William Knose

Delicious Tuning

Out of curiosity, what level of testing took place as you were developing the tune?

I'm noob, so I'll apologize in advance for a potentially dumb question! lol

I want the corn syrup!

“You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” - Frank McCourt
*LongFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #640
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
@CSG Mike

So with as stated an aftermarket cat back as listed:

Lachute CBE W/Resonated mid pipe 2.5"
Avo high flow cat front pipe 2.5"
Avo overpipe 2.5"

Would the CARB tune work fine with this??
Old 07-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #641
CSG David

Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
@CSG Mike

So with as stated an aftermarket cat back as listed:

Lachute CBE W/Resonated mid pipe 2.5"
Avo high flow cat front pipe 2.5"
Avo overpipe 2.5"

Would the CARB tune work fine with this??
I'm no Mike, but any modification to the factory catalytic converter will require a retune.
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #642
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
I'm no Mike, but any modification to the factory catalytic converter will require a retune.
@CSG David

I should have mentioned I DO still have stock header however so just overpipe back has been changed.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #643
CSG David

Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
@CSG David

I should have mentioned I DO still have stock header however so just overpipe back has been changed.
Can't modify the primary or secondary cat. You can change the overpipe if you want though.
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #644
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LongFella View Post
Out of curiosity, what level of testing took place as you were developing the tune?

I'm noob, so I'll apologize in advance for a potentially dumb question! lol

I want the corn syrup!
We have done over a year of development on this tune. We have been through about 1300 revisions to date on this tune and it is currently running on many different kits as you can see from the list on our website. Click image below.

Definitely not a dumb question and thanks for asking. This tune has been tested at multiple tracks, drag strips and dyno's around the world. It is a well proven tune that works well on just about any setup.

We should have dyno charts going up soon of before and after on the Jackson racing kit on 91 octane.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
*LongFella (07-30-2014), wheelhaus (07-30-2014)

Tags
jackson racing, jrsc, rotrex, supercharger, track