follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #71
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Of course the percentage changes. How does a gearbox become more of a restriction as power increases? Same for drive shafts, clutch etc? Are you telling me that based on these kind of figures that a 600bhp car, using the same drivetrain, wheels and tyres, would be losing 150hp more than a stock car? If so, where do you think that power is going? Drivetrain losses are the power (or more precisely torque) used up to move those components. They don't suddenly become harder to move because you've got a more powerful engine. OK so there may be more friction and tyres pressures at play, but is that really enough to lose 50hp or more?

Edit.... I see you changed your reply as I wrote mine
Yes I did lol

I decided to use my brain a bit more before leaving the thread, and I can definitely see where you're coming from now.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #72
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
@Evasive Motorsports

Now since all V2 parts are out for V1 customers when is the full V2 kit being announced for sale???
Old 07-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #73
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Drives: Forester STi SG9
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Dynapack are known to read considerably lower than other solutions, and they read "at the hub" there is no tire friction ...

As a side note, my BRZ has a similar progression as 6packs, and it gave similar results on a dynapack, In japan, from stock to the V1 HKS supercharger.

Base Dyno stock and after full HKS exhaust + HKS EL Spec-R manifold + Tune. (it was really hot and humid that day, 98 degrees f and 91% humidity)

And same as 6pack's V1 HKS supercharger, also has HKS flywheel + clutch

Yes with a dynapack, stock, 200hp at crank reads abot 148hp at hubs ... but as long as you keep using the same dyno in the same conditions, what matters is the delta.

So nothing abnormal here, and yes this kit pulls hard ! V1 or V2 if done properly its an animal, reactivity is just astonishing, its instant power ...
HaDDeS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaDDeS For This Useful Post:
Calum (07-08-2014), civicdrivr (07-08-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 03:31 AM   #74
aero.kit

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hei

What about dynapack graph HKS Kit V2 ?
aero.kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #75
HaDDeS
Touge worship

6pack posted it on the previous page, and its in line with what it should be. I didn't upgrade to V2 yet.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #76
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
For you folks posting your results with V1 questions for you..

1.) Is the kit all together good quality, well made?

2.) Have you had any issues with any components since ownership? If so what parts have you had issues with?

3.) Any certain aspects of the kit you feel should be improved in any way?
Old 07-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #77
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
For you folks posting your results with V1 questions for you..

1.) Is the kit all together good quality, well made?

2.) Have you had any issues with any components since ownership? If so what parts have you had issues with?

3.) Any certain aspects of the kit you feel should be improved in any way?
1: It is top notch quality ! as expected from HKS , they putted a lot of resources, engineering and dev into this kit ! and it shows

2: no issues what so ever, again it has been tested hard by HKS and they don't release anything without it being as reliable as it should be.

3: the V2 is essentially the same kit , with an upgraded intercooler and piping which was the bottleneck of V1, but don't get me wrong , V1 is already a fabulous solution, only problem its not available anymore so jump directly to V2 and of course u won't be disappointed.

If offers a lot of power out of the box, and retains the original N/A character of the motor ... instant power under your right foot. And if you are brave enough, and wealthy enough, then you can totally expect more than 450 crank HP if you combine it with the right parts and upgrades.
CxG (08-05-2015), OICU812 (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 06:17 AM   #78
aero.kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDDeS View Post
6pack posted it on the previous page, and its in line with what it should be. I didn't upgrade to V2 yet.
Oy ))) sorry

Thank you .

What's you think about HKS Fuel Upgrade kit ?

Or good use deatchwerks injectors
aero.kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #79
6pack

Garage
Quote:
1: It is top notch quality ...
I agree with HaDDeS. (おっす ニコサン )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero.kit View Post
What's you think about HKS Fuel Upgrade kit ?
I think is a real option. I'm glad is available.
I was lucky the OEM pump and injectors are sufficient up to were I am; if they aren't to the limit, well, almost.

And, assuming I'm not for it now, I know it will take few months for my tuner to convince me
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6pack For This Useful Post:
aero.kit (07-09-2014), OICU812 (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #80
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
Quote:
1: It is top notch quality ! as expected from HKS , they putted a lot of resources, engineering and dev into this kit ! and it shows

2: no issues what so ever, again it has been tested hard by HKS and they don't release anything without it being as reliable as it should be.

3: the V2 is essentially the same kit , with an upgraded intercooler and piping which was the bottleneck of V1, but don't get me wrong , V1 is already a fabulous solution, only problem its not available anymore so jump directly to V2 and of course u won't be disappointed.

If offers a lot of power out of the box, and retains the original N/A character of the motor ... instant power under your right foot. And if you are brave enough, and wealthy enough, then you can totally expect more than 450 crank HP if you combine it with the right parts and upgrades.
Appreciate your time and detailed response man!

Now just for @Evasive Motorsports to give is an ETA on this kit (v2) for public sales and a est price range for kit with options etc....
Old 07-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #81
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Of course the percentage changes. How does a gearbox become more of a restriction as power increases? Same for drive shafts, clutch etc? Are you telling me that based on these kind of figures that a 600bhp car, using the same drivetrain, wheels and tyres, would be losing 150hp more than a stock car? If so, where do you think that power is going? Drivetrain losses are the power (or more precisely torque) used up to move those components. They don't suddenly become harder to move because you've got a more powerful engine. OK so there may be more friction and tyres pressures at play, but is that really enough to lose 50hp or more?

Edit.... I see you changed your reply as I wrote mine
If you are familiar with MAHA dyno's they will do a wind down to detect drivetrain loss, you can see my car losing ~58HP at via the drivetrain. A number of OEM's use these dyno's for chasis testing as they can estimate the crank power as well. Given i don't know everything about how the calculation works or the real answer to drivetrain loss but from what I have been told it is fairly accurate. *shrug*

Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #82
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Appreciate your time and detailed response man!

Now just for @Evasive Motorsports to give is an ETA on this kit (v2) for public sales and a est price range for kit with options etc....
You are very welcome ! as a side note, i don't really know where your car is at, but if you consider a HKS charger kit, I would first upgrade in that order: Exhaust & manifold, Oil cooling, braking, grip & suspension (together) , clutch & flywheel. Then you can safely power up with the V2 Kit. Any before you might have bad surprises ... I know it all together represents a substantial amount of money, but it is necessary to get the best out of the kit.

Many will then question the singularity of installing so many parts, spending so much money on that car, when you could buy used Porsche, mustang or whatever for cheaper. Well in a word, it'll be YOUR car, and it'll be unique and "crafted", focused ... to your will, tastes and needs, tailored to offer you the best grin ever, every time you dive in it. Does it makes sense ? probably not for many, should you do it ? of course because you won't regret it.

Enjoy !
Deep Six (07-10-2014), RUNAMUK (05-05-2015)
Old 07-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #83
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
Quote:
You are very welcome ! as a side note, i don't really know where your car is at, but if you consider a HKS charger kit, I would first upgrade in that order: Exhaust & manifold, Oil cooling, braking, grip & suspension (together) , clutch & flywheel. Then you can safely power up with the V2 Kit. Any before you might have bad surprises ... I know it all together represents a substantial amount of money, but it is necessary to get the best out of the kit.

Many will then question the singularity of installing so many parts, spending so much money on that car, when you could buy used Porsche, mustang or whatever for cheaper. Well in a word, it'll be YOUR car, and it'll be unique and "crafted", focused ... to your will, tastes and needs, tailored to offer you the best grin ever, every time you dive in it. Does it makes sense ? probably not for many, should you do it ? of course because you won't regret it.

Enjoy !
No worries yes most all that done. I was considering I going SC to keep stock header for two reasons. 1.) it's been proven gains minimal, 2.) noise "not a fan of loud cars"

I'll be doing clutch and all other supporting mods the same day as SC or TC goes in without hesitation.

Not stressed about what it all ends up money wise my cars paid for as is the near scary equal amount in extras lol so I'm already far down that road.

Other side items, suspension, tires etc etc is already all done and working well. Just wish we could see the V2 on market to make a final well educated decision. Ie: Price/ETAs etc aside from you V1 owners it seems to be a VERY hush topic which is well strange...
Old 07-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #84
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Dynapack are known to read considerably lower than other solutions, and they read "at the hub" there is no tire friction ...
r ...

i don't know anything about dynos but i'm a bit lost on this .. if dynapack reads at the hub and there is no tire friction, doesn't that equate to dynoing higher than dynoing at the wheel? no friction= less pwertrain loss? am I not thinking correctly?
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote