follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #3641
UMB FR-S
Senior Member
 
UMB FR-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Location: ottawa
Posts: 875
Thanks: 106
Thanked 354 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Just put up my tire racks today. Turned out pretty good just made out of 2x4 for like 25 bucks. Holds 16 tires easily possibly 20 depending on size!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398907277453.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  48.8 KB
__________________
-- Kenny
"I don't always use heel/toe, but when I do it's because racecar."
UMB FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #3642
brz2013
Senior Member
 
brz2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 wrb brz
Location: ottawa
Posts: 352
Thanks: 11
Thanked 171 Times in 84 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Does anyone happen to have an extra bluetooth obd reader ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brz2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #3643
jvincent
Senior Member
 
jvincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,411 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I ordered a new one, from the torque recommended list, last night. Should arrive next week. When it does, my current flaky one will be up for grabs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #3644
Slick
Senior Member
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,881
Thanks: 345
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
I ordered a new one, from the torque recommended list, last night. Should arrive next week. When it does, my current flaky one will be up for grabs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Share link?
Need to order another one too.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #3645
jvincent
Senior Member
 
jvincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,411 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I went with this one.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBDLink-LX-Sc...787e3bc&_uhb=1

It was the cheapest of the recommended models that I could find.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #3646
Slick
Senior Member
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,881
Thanks: 345
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
I went with this one.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBDLink-LX-Sc...787e3bc&_uhb=1

It was the cheapest of the recommended models that I could find.
Ouch, I just reordered one like I had before, $11. I also have the OFT now to datalog stuff.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #3647
Pbrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
hey Andre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Ouch, I just reordered one like I had before, $11. I also have the OFT now to datalog stuff.

OFT installed?
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #3648
jvincent
Senior Member
 
jvincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,411 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Ouch, I just reordered one like I had before, $11. I also have the OFT now to datalog stuff.
Ouch indeed. My original one was only $16 but on the Torque site they basically say that it may or may not work but that the one I linked is solid.

I figure for the extra $$$, I will avoid the frustration of having a flakey one.

I could use my OFT for logging as well, but I want to run with Torque. The feature I am really looking forward to is the track video overlay which will overlay the sensor data onto the video recording.

Besides, I think this puts me ahead of Norm in one category of add-ons.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #3649
UMB FR-S
Senior Member
 
UMB FR-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Location: ottawa
Posts: 875
Thanks: 106
Thanked 354 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
hey @Pbrown where did you find this oft issue at 4000 rpm? would like to read what people ate saying about this
__________________
-- Kenny
"I don't always use heel/toe, but when I do it's because racecar."
UMB FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #3650
Pbrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Sotware tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMB FR-S View Post
hey @Pbrown where did you find this oft issue at 4000 rpm? would like to read what people ate saying about this
The discussion is on the second page of software/tuning section under the title "OFT Quirk"
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #3651
UMB FR-S
Senior Member
 
UMB FR-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Location: ottawa
Posts: 875
Thanks: 106
Thanked 354 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
The discussion is on the second page of software/tuning section under the title "OFT Quirk"
apparently nothing to worry about!
__________________
-- Kenny
"I don't always use heel/toe, but when I do it's because racecar."
UMB FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #3652
Klinn
Senior Member
 
Klinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Location: Canada
Posts: 288
Thanks: 94
Thanked 178 Times in 86 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hey Kenny, in case you didn't get the email from Scion yet, you can now sign up for the 2014 Contingency Program here: http://www.scion.ca/scion/en/lifesty...ng/contingency

Edit: Oops, I just saw the other threads in the forum. Oh well.
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #3653
Slick
Senior Member
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,881
Thanks: 345
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
OFT installed?
Nope, sitting in garage waiting for me to return home from TO tomorrow night. Should be able to flash it in time for Saturday lapping eve.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #3654
UMB FR-S
Senior Member
 
UMB FR-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Location: ottawa
Posts: 875
Thanks: 106
Thanked 354 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinn View Post
Hey Kenny, in case you didn't get the email from Scion yet, you can now sign up for the 2014 Contingency Program here: http://www.scion.ca/scion/en/lifesty...ng/contingency

Edit: Oops, I just saw the other threads in the forum. Oh well.

Ya I got the email but looks like the rewards are allot less this year. 1st only gets you 100$ this year... And you get 40$ as participation... I don't like the payout at all... Very disappointing.

Looks like I beat you Andre just received my oft today and got it all loaded up already
__________________
-- Kenny
"I don't always use heel/toe, but when I do it's because racecar."
UMB FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.