follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #57
Cycotech

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram Hot Lava 6MT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not bad at all. What site did you bought it from?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #58
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Its called Brakemotive I believe. Same place I have gotten my rotor sets from for my Corvettes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Cycotech (04-10-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #59
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
So here I am still waiting on updates to the first and only tune file Bill @DeliciousTuning has sent me with nothing. I don't even know when I will hear from him again I am just being ignored.

I understand you move shops things happen etc but he knew about this move when he told me he could do it and said nothing, I had to find out here on the forums from others. Then when I talk to him about CEL's and cold starts, making revisions he is either to busy or tells me to use his ticket system that will not let me create a ticket.

At this point its been over 4 days since the last contact and I started this process with him back around the 25th and here I am paid for and have nothing other than a baseline that needs work.

I am ready to go flex fuel if he would answer me, ready to purchase the electronic boost controller he wants me to, ready to take any more logs he asks for even though I have sent him quite a few already. Yet all I am doing is waiting with out even an ETA to go from.

You are about to get a charge back from me Bill and negative feedback. This is the end of my patience. If you unlocked the tune so I could work on it I would have accepted that or if you were up front with me from the start so I knew to wait on my install or go else where that would have been better than this.

I am tired of this the tune is not finished, no baseline is for a custom turbo build. Yet here I am driving it daily and getting no support from the person I paid for such support.

Now I need to contact @moto-mike about not only picking up the fuel lines he uses with his flex fuel kit but also tuning. Seems he has a reputation of following through with his customers.

@KraftWerks contacted me and arranged to sell me a smaller windshield washer bottle, happy with the deal I got on that one more thing handled hope it gets here Saturday so I can install it and the Intercooler and be done with that then its just getting the flex fuel sensor in. Time for that call to Moto Mike!

Last edited by Cross; 04-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #60
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
So here I am still waiting on updates to the first and only tune file Bill @DeliciousTuning has sent me with nothing. I don't even know when I will hear from him again I am just being ignored.

I understand you move shops things happen etc but he knew about this move when he told me he could do it and said nothing, I had to find out here on the forums from others. Then when I talk to him about CEL's and cold starts, making revisions he is either to busy or tells me to use his ticket system that will not let me create a ticket.

At this point its been over 4 days since the last contact and I started this process with him back around the 25th and here I am paid for and have nothing other than a baseline that needs work.

I am ready to go flex fuel if he would answer me, ready to purchase the electronic boost controller he wants me to, ready to take any more logs he asks for even though I have sent him quite a few already. Yet all I am doing is waiting with out even an ETA to go from.

You are about to get a charge back from me Bill and negative feedback. This is the end of my patience. If you unlocked the tune so I could work on it I would have accepted that or if you were up front with me from the start so I knew to wait on my install or go else where that would have been better than this.

I am tired of this the tune is not finished, no baseline is for a custom turbo build. Yet here I am driving it daily and getting no support from the person I paid for such support.

Now I need to contact @moto-mike about not only picking up the fuel lines he uses with his flex fuel kit but also tuning. Seems he has a reputation of following through with his customers.

@KraftWerks contacted me and arranged to sell me a smaller windshield washer bottle, happy with the deal I got on that one more thing handled hope it gets here Saturday so I can install it and the Intercooler and be done with that then its just getting the flex fuel sensor in. Time for that call to Moto Mike!
Elliot,

Thank you for your patience along with everyone else. Yes, my customer service has gone to poo, I completely admit it. You spend the time I do working as many projects, dyno tuning, race team tuning, design and development with multiple companies I work for and you will completely understand.

There is more going on right now then meets the eye with business and life in general and it is very hard to keep a balance between it all. I have issued you a full refund on your custom tune and wish you the best with your build. Moto-East is a good company, with good tunes and will take care of your appropriately.

I am in the process of finalizing my move and expect to be up and running next week. Once again I do apologize for my delays, but I can not keep working 12 hours days 7 days a week, it just doesn't work for me. So rescheduling of priorities is in motion but it will be a little while before it is all sorted and running smoothly again.

Regards,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Cross (04-15-2014), King Tut (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #61
Acree

Drives: 13 CSB BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Money back is good thing!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #62
AdrianG
Generally Well Liked

Drives: '08 STi Hatch, '11 Outback 3.6R
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
It sure sucks for a business like this, you get popular to the point of being successful but the business can't scale to meet demand. A tuner can't just hire more staff to keep up with demand because they themselves are the product.

- AdrianG
AdrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianG For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #63
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
It is thank you Bill. I completely understand anyone would and I hate to see things degrade to this and only wish you the best. If you had let me know what was going on it wouldn't have ever gotten to this, we all know things get busy and you have to have a life first you cannot live just for the business. I have already been down that road that's why I went back to a salary position I just couldn't take care of my family and personal life.

I hope everything smooths out for you and things get back to normal from here on out. Remember even if you just send an email letting the customer(s) know you haven't forgotten about them even if it's a canned reply to everyone it can do wonders. Its the silence that kills esp when its over 48hrs of silence.

Good luck with the new place Bill. Thanks for the quick refund.

On another note @moto-mike is getting to work on a tune for me, looks like we should be able to start getting into this and getting some results. He told me a few things I should change so I am going to get on those this weekend along with the Intercooler Project.
I am excited again I really want to get this thing dialed in and put it on the dyno!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #64
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Any underhood shots so I can see how the MAF piping is arranged?

I got it for you... only took me a few days to remember.

This is it before the intercooler, that 2" to 3" transition will now be changed from 2" to 2.5" for the intercooler to 2.5" to 3" for the Maf tube. With the parts coming that should be ready this weekend.

Then its time to focus on the E85 sensor input.

Last edited by Cross; 04-10-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Spelling Issue Corrected from Mobile Posting
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #65
THA STI GUY
DRIFT BUILD

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Dose this turbo kit just bolt to the front pipe or where dose it bolt up to? @Cross

2013 FRS Rocket bunny- PETE
THA STI GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #66
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
He had it at the Small pipe right after the header I changed it slightly just because I didn't get a V-Band in time and I wanted to get everything on and start testing.

To be honest you could put it anywhere you wanted to.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #67
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
I got it for you... only took me a few days to remember.

This is it before the intercooler, that 2" to 3" transition will not be changed from 2" to 2.5" for the intercooler to 2.5" to 3" for the Maf tube. With the parts coming that should be ready this weekend.
Any transition that close to the MAF sensor is probably going to cause some turbulence to the air and make it more difficult to tune the MAF properly. I wonder what @jamesm thinks of it.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #68
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Any transition that close to the MAF sensor is probably going to cause some turbulence to the air and make it more difficult to tune the MAF properly. I wonder what @jamesm thinks of it.
Doesn't look too bad. I've tuned worse lol. Certainly not ideal, though.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #69
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
As I mentioned in the post Tut quoted this is the way the kit came and it was a prototype. I will be changing the piping with whats already here I just needed the Washer Bottle. It will go from a 2.5 to a 3 instead.

However when Bill sent me a baseline it was for MAP/Speed Density so the MAF wasn't really being used for its intended purpose.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #70
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
However when Bill sent me a baseline it was for MAP/Speed Density so the MAF wasn't really being used for its intended purpose.
You sure it wasn't a hybrid MAF/Speed Density tune? I didn't think anyone was going pure Speed Density currently.