follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #155
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHC View Post
Am I the only one who truly dispises the scion brand in reference to anything in autosports?

I've said it before.. I'd have a much harder time deciding between the two if it was a Toyota.
Sort of, I wouldn't say I would never buy a Scion, but I've known people who owned them and told me not to buy one because the interiors are terrible. Looking at the FR-S vs. the BRZ, it looks like the Subaru has a much better looking interior and doesn't have the cheap looking headlights. That's what really made the decision for me. If they brought over the 86 HIDs and black interior then I would have a much harder time deciding, but as it is I never really considered the Scion.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #156
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,209 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
Sort of, I wouldn't say I would never buy a Scion, but I've known people who owned them and told me not to buy one because the interiors are terrible. Looking at the FR-S vs. the BRZ, it looks like the Subaru has a much better looking interior and doesn't have the cheap looking headlights. That's what really made the decision for me. If they brought over the 86 HIDs and black interior then I would have a much harder time deciding, but as it is I never really considered the Scion.
The interiors are the same, the only difference is that the BRZ has more painted silver trim, while the FRS is monochrome with that fancy carbon fibreish looking trim.
so it just looks less drab and monotone. Not sure of those stitched leather surfaces are just in the limited or available on the premium though.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #157
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
The interiors are the same, the only difference is that the BRZ has more painted silver trim, while the FRS is monochrome with that fancy carbon fibreish looking trim.
Don't forget the red accents on the seats! LOL
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #158
merlin2111

Drives: Widebody '94 Miata R-Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
Don't forget the red accents on the seats! LOL

I <3 my Miata.
But I <3 my new BRZ even more!
merlin2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #159
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post
You have to wonder why anyone would opt for the FR-S when the BRZ is only a few hundred more. I think this would really grind some gears with Toyota/Scion if this pricing estimate is accurate.
Simple.

FR-S looks better to some (including myself) than the BRZ does.

I don't like the silver interior accents in the BRZ. Don't like the front end and don't like that there is no 86 anywhere on it.

Of course there is the fact that I have a Scion tC too, so I naturally pick a Scion over the Subaru if a version exist in the Scion brand...which lucky for me, it does.

Love the Scion Culture and what they do for the community they support as well.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #160
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gomez View Post
You still would not win the price lottery by 7thgear unless those numbers are officially in his spreadsheet.
Somehow I got a derja vu feeling at work: it is not official until it is in my spreadsheet...

It is a good quote.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #161
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Simple.

I don't like the silver interior accents in the BRZ. Don't like the front end and don't like that there is no 86 anywhere on it.

Of course there is the fact that I have a Scion tC too, so I naturally pick a Scion over the Subaru if a version exist in the Scion brand...which lucky for me, it does.

Love the Scion Culture and what they do for the community they support as well.
+1

But If i can get the bRZ premium for less than the FR-S...I would go for the bRZ....but wait that front end and no 86 emblems...dammit!

What I really want is a Toyota 86 GT Limited!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #162
86fanatic

Drives: auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
I agree. I hate the fake vents on the BRZ, the FRS fake vents are at least smaller. I love the front of the FRS, I hate the "buck tooth" look of the BRZ.

Aside from that, the FRS should actually be the lighter car, which for me trumps all. I would probably pay more for the FRS if it was lighter then the BRZ. Also being tuned for oversteer vs. understeer from the factory.

I don't understand the mentality of some folks expecting these cars to be pimp mobiles with leather, heated seats, navigation, push button start, premium sound system, and so on. I guess that's part of the reason it's so hard to find a truly stripped out sports car these days - no one wants them.
86fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #163
neveronlinefrs

Drives: 2011 Honda Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post
You have to wonder why anyone would opt for the FR-S when the BRZ is only a few hundred more. I think this would really grind some gears with Toyota/Scion if this pricing estimate is accurate.

I agree. The whole time I have been considering the FRS, but for a few hundred bucks maybe I will be reconsidering??? There are things I like about both models and I have no brand loyalty at all (LOL...I have always been a Honda guy ) though I would probably lean toward Subie vs Scion. I have been wanting the cheaper, lighter less bells and whistles model, but if it is released for just a few hundred more maybe the bells and whistles will be worth it.

I like the front bumper of the BRZ, but I prefer the headlight shape of the FRS (yes I know they are almost the same, but I prefer the FRS). as for interiors I lean towards the scion, the BRZs boring brushed alluminum accents just dont do it for me and i like the 86 emblem on the fender better than the faux vent... rear badges would be coming off of either car so that doesnt bother me
Old 03-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #164
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fanatic View Post
I agree. I hate the fake vents on the BRZ, the FRS fake vents are at least smaller. I love the front of the FRS, I hate the "buck tooth" look of the BRZ.
I initially thought the same thing about the "buck tooth"' but I can tell you from seeing it in person, that it is much, much smaller in proportion to the way it appears in pictures.... I f@&ing love the front end after I seeing it live...just my 2 cents, since I thought the same as you initially. Fake vents...no biggie, will be plenty of aftermarket stuff... I actually went the chrome route to accent the lights and silver in the rims...

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #165
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Let's just say that I heard from a little bird today that Edmunds pricing last fall was very very very close. Edmunds knew all along the pricing.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #166
sieeegel

Drives: rsx was stolen :(
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Let's just say that I heard from a little bird today that Edmunds pricing last fall was very very very close. Edmunds knew all along the pricing.
Oooo dont tease us.
sieeegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #167
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Apparently a lot of people know a lot of birds
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #168
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
shh