follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
spark elusive

Drives: DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MethBear View Post
*Update*

Got her back from the dealer, for some reason the CEL was "off" when the tech looked at it even though I was on when I brought it in. Anyway, they did a computer check and noted in the history that there was error code, referring to a "cylinder 1-coil malfunction". so they gave it back to me after they reset the CEL and everything and it seems to drive just fine. Soooo all for naught I guess. Still its good to have her home

Just an FYI, the reason the CEL was off when the tech looked at it is because the car (this goes for almost all modern vehicles) goes through a series of tests on routine intervals. When a problem is found with a sensor the CEL comes on and a code is logged. If after a set period of time the sensor is no longer reporting the problem the CEL will turn itself off. The code will still be logged which is why the tech was able to see why it was on in the first place.

I would continue to monitor the problem, but it sounds to me as if the "jolting" is unrelated to the CEL.

Did they take the car out for a test drive and where they able to reproduce the problem?
spark elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #16
Wheelsoffracing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I too have noticed a "thunk", just a few times, when the transmission downshifts into first. I thought maybe I was imagining this.

Tags
frs, jolt, shifter