follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #337
the.big.kahoona
Senior Member
 
the.big.kahoona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: 2013 Raven 86
Location: Dubai
Posts: 166
Thanks: 28
Thanked 62 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
Can we get TWO laffy taffy's if were in on the pre-order?
I usually get 2...am I just lucky?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
the.big.kahoona is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #338
tennisfreak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 692
Thanked 917 Times in 538 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Any thoughts on how that high flow cat will hold up over time?
Just asking because I have heard high flow aftermarket cats that close to the manifold usually burn out quick. I have no personal experience and really want a header with a cat but if it is going to burn out then I'd rather not waste money paying extra for a cat.
tennisfreak is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #339
subwaynm
Senior Member
 
subwaynm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 287
Thanks: 307
Thanked 67 Times in 58 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Any thoughts on how that high flow cat will hold up over time?
Just asking because I have heard high flow aftermarket cats that close to the manifold usually burn out quick. I have no personal experience and really want a header with a cat but if it is going to burn out then I'd rather not waste money paying extra for a cat.
Very good question that I'm curious to know the answer of as well.
subwaynm is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #340
subwaynm
Senior Member
 
subwaynm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 287
Thanks: 307
Thanked 67 Times in 58 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by akyp View Post
Will there be a ceramic coating option? It may not be necessary, but I live in hot climate and I personally don't like thermal bandages.
If it doesn't come as an option there are coatings that you can apply on your own. I've done it on the header/muffler on my VW Beetle with great success and not all that expensive around $35 per application and it's been on my Bug for a year now and still looking good and I lived in AZ.

The company that I purchased the Ceramic coating from prior was Eastwood company

Last edited by subwaynm; 12-25-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added content
subwaynm is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #341
FT-86 SpeedFactory
 
FT-86 SpeedFactory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 7,694
Thanks: 1,298
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Any thoughts on how that high flow cat will hold up over time?
Just asking because I have heard high flow aftermarket cats that close to the manifold usually burn out quick. I have no personal experience and really want a header with a cat but if it is going to burn out then I'd rather not waste money paying extra for a cat.
Our warranty on this will be as follows:

3yrs on the Catalytic converter for the original owner.
Lifetime on the header against cracking and etc for the original owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
Can we get TWO laffy taffy's if were in on the pre-order?
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akyp View Post
Will there be a ceramic coating option? It may not be necessary, but I live in hot climate and I personally don't like thermal bandages.
We are working on this option. Still gathering quotes and timelines for turn around.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #342
shaunsweeney
Senior Member
 
shaunsweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2014 FR-S MT Asphalt Grey
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 404
Thanks: 280
Thanked 161 Times in 101 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
3 years on the cat seems legit from everything I have researched. They generally last about that long in FI set ups, so in NA form we should be ok.
shaunsweeney is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #343
oTaGGeDo
Senior Member
 
oTaGGeDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: Currently driving a 2013 turbo Tc
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 244
Thanks: 87
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Seeing this and coming from having the BORLA count me in! I hope to get in on this first round of units tees are going to be the best bang for your buck header on the market I'm sure of it!
oTaGGeDo is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #344
sklimo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Location: Sportsguy83 butt
Posts: 5,652
Thanks: 16,143
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Ready to buy. Even sent you guys an email
sklimo is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #345
DarkSunrise
Senior Member
 
DarkSunrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Location: USA
Posts: 5,798
Thanks: 2,187
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,221 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
That un-tuned dyno looks great. The welds don't bother me as long as they hold up. The warranty is nice insurance for that.

My bigger concern is the location of the HFC. Have you guys done track testing and has the HFC held up? As I'm sure you know, our exhausts get really hot at the track. The worst thing would be for the HFC to blow out or break apart, especially with it being located so close to the engine.
__________________
"Never run out of real estate, traction, and ideas at the same time."

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #346
calmtigers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Location: Fresno / DTLA
Posts: 928
Thanks: 628
Thanked 376 Times in 214 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Beautiful sound and it's not obnoxious!

I'll be waiting for someone to pick these up with a header back Perrin system! I want that boxer rumble without the headache noise
calmtigers is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #347
MayhembB
Member
 
MayhembB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion fr-s whiteout
Location: chicago
Posts: 72
Thanks: 1
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
interesting......
MayhembB is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #348
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer
 
Turkish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,326
Thanks: 1,081
Thanked 656 Times in 441 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
Can we get TWO laffy taffy's if were in on the pre-order?
I got three with my TRD intake!
__________________
For those who hear him call...

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #349
subwaynm
Senior Member
 
subwaynm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 287
Thanks: 307
Thanked 67 Times in 58 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Laffy Taffy is what??
subwaynm is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #350
Jac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: Fiat Abarth
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 204
Thanks: 23
Thanked 96 Times in 45 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwaynm View Post
Laffy Taffy is what??
You haven't lived

Jac is offline  
 

Tags
catted uel header, ft86speedfactory header, is my order ready yet?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Invidia Catless and Catted Front Pipe - ** FT-86 SpeedFactory ** FT-86 SpeedFactory Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 107 03-29-2016 10:48 AM
catted header or catted front pipe? gabeg86 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 28 10-13-2015 12:32 PM
P&l EL catted and coated header. wootwoot Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 8 10-11-2013 12:50 AM
Catted UEL Header Cjymiller Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 20 05-24-2013 12:01 PM
***Invidia Catted and Catless Front Pipes*** - FT-86 SpeedFactory RELEASE SALE FT-86 SpeedFactory Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 12 10-24-2012 10:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.