follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #29
ScurrilousKnave

Drives: '96 AE102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I look at it this way: How many people put stickers from brands of products on their car in prominent locations (fenders/bumpers/windows) without any monetary recourse (e.g., sponsorship)? If you want a discount on a product, you typically have to apply to have your car sponsored and display their logo somewhere on it. @JPM Coachworks is simply discounting this single product for those who want to display their logo on an installed item. No offense taken here.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #30
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefitz View Post
Why not just get this one?

This is absolutely perfect and exactly what I would want. Discrete non glaring logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
You also pick and choose what products you put on your car. If you don't like the logo, don't buy the product. Pretty simple actually.

Or you can pay the full price of the panel and get no discount. What's the problem? I don't hear everyone screaming that they want the embossed logos on Volk wheels removed...at a discount nonetheless. Geez.
Well you must not have read my post thoroughly because I wasn't screaming and even said everyone has their own taste. LOL I even said I pick and choose what products I advertise on my car (this means I do have vendor logos for parts I have bought on my car).
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
In the spirit of the Holidays and as a thank you to this community, we are currently running a 15% off sale for the Holidays on all of the BRZ/FR-S/86 products on our website through the end of the year.

Full information and announcements to follow shortly.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
I was a little disappointed there was no Black Friday deals, and then BAM saw the good news. This is awesome.

Happy Holidays!
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #32
MysteryMachine

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, 2002 Bugeye OBS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
In the spirit of the Holidays and as a thank you to this community, we are currently running a 15% off sale for the Holidays on all of the BRZ/FR-S/86 products on our website through the end of the year. That means Bonded Dash Panels are $235.00/$170.00 and Non-Bonded Dash Panels are $201.00/$136.00, Branded/Non-Branded. You can see all of our special pricing here: http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/jpm/sho...ubaru-brz.html

If you wanted a non-branded dash panel, or you just want to take advantage of the Holiday sale, or both, now would be the perfect time to purchase as they will not be on sale again.

Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
Thanks for the sale and thanks for your professionalism on this forum. Is not a matter of if I will buy, but when. Perfect that it goes till the end of the year - I need to see what I get for Christmas first
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysteryMachine For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #33
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Look at it from the other side: what reason would there be for you, the consumer, to want a logo there?

Would you buy an iPhone that did not have the Apple logo on it? Probably not, because it's more than likely a fake imitation from some Chinese bootlegger (granted, those can have imitation Apple logos, too).

Not saying that's the main issue on this particular discussion, but perhaps sometimes, having a logo can be reassurance of authenticity and quality, rather than simply a marketing tactic. That being said, $65 is a bit steep for having the logo removed, but then again, the aftermarket... well, market... is a highly profitable industry, and there is money to be made.
chas3wba0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #34
ucsmfu

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
In the spirit of the Holidays and as a thank you to this community, we are currently running a 15% off sale for the Holidays on all of the BRZ/FR-S/86 products on our website through the end of the year. That means Bonded Dash Panels are $235.00/$170.00 and Non-Bonded Dash Panels are $201.00/$136.00, Branded/Non-Branded. You can see all of our special pricing here: http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/jpm/sho...ubaru-brz.html

If you wanted a non-branded dash panel, or you just want to take advantage of the Holiday sale, or both, now would be the perfect time to purchase as they will not be on sale again.

Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
is there a special price for the arm rest ?

thanks !!
ucsmfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #35
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
To be fair, I'm sure there are lots of people that want to show off the logo... either way they will be getting a pretty good deal considering the quality of the product.
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #36
Stierzy34
:unamused:

Drives: 2005 WRB STi "Edna"
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
Ugh 15% off. My checking account and I hate you. lol. Guess it is time to get those knee pads and speaker surrounds I have had just sitting in the shopping cart.

I have furnished 2 cars with JPM products. Everything has come in top quality and all of the interactions that I have had with them have been even better.

Stierzy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #37
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Every place I contacted to do bonding and alcantara wanted at least $700 to do this.
Go ahead and price it out.

Have to look at this before complaining this is very low margin for them.

Do I like their logo on my dash, not really but the truth is for the price, the quality and service I got they deserve the advertising. And it's one of the very few pieces on my car I had little issue seeing a logo/brand.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #38
campy
No rice, no life

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Thanked 1,019 Times in 388 Posts
Eh, either pay to play or learn how to wrap your own dash pieces
campy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to campy For This Useful Post:
MightyMeeple (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #39
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I dunno it's been said but if it bothers you that bad don't bite. Aside from dash piece being discussed I have tons of JPM stuff and I've been pleased with every piece that I've bought and installed.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #40
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsmfu View Post
is there a special price for the arm rest ?

thanks !!
@ucsmfu The Alcantara or Leather OEM Center Armrest wrap is 15% off as well. The new holiday price is $110.50, but there is not a sale on the part itself. If you wanted the whole assembly from us including the OEM part it would be $310.50. Otherwise, you could send in your existing assembly or purchase a new one elsewhere and have it sent to us.

V/R
Andrew
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #41
greenguy101
VMFIC ORLANDO SCIKOTICS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefitz View Post
Why not just get this one?

This one is mine and I have to admit it looks even better in person. I can not tell you how amazed I have been with Andrew and the entire JPM crew. It is so refreshing to be able to pick up the phone, call a company, have them listen to your needs and create a product the way you envisioned it. I love every piece that I have received from JPM including my custom seatbelt shoulder pads!!! Great work guys!
JPM Coachworks (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #42
Nik33615

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The fact of the matter as far as I'm concerned is that they are loosing business because they want to stick people with a logo that isn't wanted by everyone. The simple fact that they want more money for a part that requires less material and labor rubs me the wrong way.
I hope someone from JPM Coachworks reads this post because I like your products. I have the shifter and brake boots, the console knee pads and the gauge cluster hood from them. I was going to buy the dash pieces at some point and when they were first advertised on their website the non-bonded version did not include the embroidery. There is absolutely no reason anyone should have to pay for a logo delete. JPM, you want free advertising and my money? Sorry guys that's your problem...
Nik33615 is offline   Reply With Quote