follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #29
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanmotorsports View Post
I thought this was interesting.

Quote:
UPDATE: Reader 505Turbeaux claims to have been on the road with this group of bikers and reports that they were riding like squids before the video began.P

I saw these guys yesterday, the bikers, and what a pack of assholes they were. Splitting lanes on the highway at speed (70mph between 2 cars), cutting people off. They had me boxed in so I couldn't get out of an exit only lane so they could get off. Not saying they deserve to be hit, but they had it coming.

I had my blinker on and was handsignalling I needed to get out of the exit only lane. everyone kept passing on the left to cut me off in front of the exit, 4-5 of them flipped me off. I tried rolling slow but they had no inkling of how to ride well. I ride myself, and this was just heinous.
And this,
Quote:
UPDATE THREE: The New York Post now reports that the driver was 33-year-old Alexian Lien, who did call 911 on the riders at 1:30 yesterday.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #30
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
This is just pathetic. Do these bikers really have to be such big assholes/idiots? Here's more video evidence of them being complete and utter morons.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the...see-1435594427

also: I gotta say, these bikers deserve whatever comes to them.

and how long do you think it'll be before someone tries to blame this on GTA?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #31
jshadeck

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout 6MT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
It wont be long before theres a gta5 recreation of this on youtube... Actually.. *goes to search*
Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post

I personally believe not enough is blamed on GTA. But I guess that's a topic for another thread.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #33
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
This is just pathetic. Do these bikers really have to be such big assholes/idiots? Here's more video evidence of them being complete and utter morons.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the...see-1435594427

also: I gotta say, these bikers deserve whatever comes to them.

So funny to see these videos of this shit on roads I drive everyday here in NYC. I usually move to the edge of my lane to let bikes pass, it is just too easy for them to vandalize your vehicle and drive off if you piss them off. (barring running them over in retaliation)
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #34
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Couple of things, the guy that gets tapped is hanging out in the lane with the SUV right on his fender, if it was me in the SUV I would've backed off long before that, I'm not sure why the SUV never changed his course or speed. The bike was clearly being rude and reckless. The whole thing could've been avoided if the SUV had simply dropped back off the bikes and was more cautious.

I didn't see any of the confrontation that justified him running people over. I'm not doubting that stuff happened, but I really didn't see anything happen until he mowed people down. Speaking of which, while everyone was too busy chasing the SUV, did anyone tend to the people that were hit?

And finally, the video cuts off at the most crucial point. What happened next? The SUV was obviously trapped and the bikers had the upper hand. It was about to get really ugly. I'd like to know how that got resolved.
1) The SUV was slowing down before the guy that got tapped pulled in front of the SUV. The biker the got tapped was clearly looking to get tapped to start the whole thing.

2) If you can't see how the SUV driver, with his wife and child in the car, wouldn't have felt fear causing him to flea the situation, then please watch the video again. And think about what it would feel like with all those people swarming around you, clearly trying to cause in incident. There's nothing you can do but accelerate the incident by running over more people, but your already fearing for the life of your child.

I'm against concealed carry guns WHERE I LIVE because stuff like this is unheard of here. In that situation though, I would loved to have had a gun. People wouldn't be worried about being paralyzed, they be dead.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #35
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
1) The SUV was slowing down before the guy that got tapped pulled in front of the SUV. The biker the got tapped was clearly looking to get tapped to start the whole thing.

2) If you can't see how the SUV driver, with his wife and child in the car, wouldn't have felt fear causing him to flea the situation, then please watch the video again. And think about what it would feel like with all those people swarming around you, clearly trying to cause in incident. There's nothing you can do but accelerate the incident by running over more people, but your already fearing for the life of your child.

I'm against concealed carry guns WHERE I LIVE because stuff like this is unheard of here. In that situation though, I would loved to have had a gun. People wouldn't be worried about being paralyzed, they be dead.
I'm definitely on the SUV's side. He didn't do a single thing wrong. I'm just a facts person. The video doesn't give too many facts except those bikers were idiots. I was just thinking out loud, or through text I guess. And I felt like a gun would've helped him greatly. I'm not saying anyone needed to be shot, but a good point should've been all it took. And if not, only shoot when the guy tries to get in. But then again it could've made it a lot messier too.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #36
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Video the guy pulled down to show how they was riding before hand..
@Nevermore, the problem with group rides is, most the bikers feel at that time they own the road and the cagers should move out of the way.. Technically you are right In The fact the SUV should've slowed down, and according to the law.. But you can't expect to brake check someone without getting tapped sometimes.. I don't get the whole break check thing.. Someone slams the brakes out of no where and gets mad if they get tapped.. With the 2yo in the back, wife in the passenger seat, I would've done the same, only difference is I would've had it in reverse and backed my way out before I got pulled out.. Well the guy that started smashing my window would've met my .40 before I backed out.. At that time I'm worried about my family, not the people that are chasing me..
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #37
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Not sure if this is too soon but I wonder if they are planning to ride in a big group again. Hopefully there will be a Hummer on the highway.

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelbyat07 For This Useful Post:
Gaiseric (10-02-2013), M-17 (10-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #38
Gaiseric

Drives: 2012 Scion TC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbyat07 View Post
Not sure if this is too soon but I wonder if they are planning to ride in a big group again. Hopefully there will be a Hummer on the highway.
Gaiseric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #39
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
In that situation though, I would loved to have had a gun.
Judging by their mob mentality, every biker with a gun would have shot up the Rover if he had fired one round. And in doing so, they would have easily killed not just the driver but also the wife and child (who some probably didn't even know were in the car) not to mention bystanders. Because I'm sure at least one of those bikers was something less than a great marksman. Especially considering the circumstances.

So maybe it's best no guns were involved. Food for thought.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bestwheelbase For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (10-02-2013), Calum (10-02-2013), Killerbee (10-02-2013), M-17 (10-03-2013), PERRIN_Chris (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #40
Cesium Rainbow

Drives: '13 dgm brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There's no part of me that prefers to hand more power over to the government, but I'm with you on this one. Thank god no shots were fired.
But re your previous GTA comment, I'm going to assume this is the only thing I agree with you on.
I've never been in a situation where I was trapped in a car. I've felt trapped and got out plenty of times. If he was truly boxed in on all sides, and not just deer-in-headlights hamfooting the gas, there's nothing else he could've done to avoid what followed.
Also, apparently CO biker gangs and sport bike crews dont suck ass. Never had, seen or heard of a problem once. Bicycle riders, on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
Judging by their mob mentality, every biker with a gun would have shot up the Rover if he had fired one round. And in doing so, they would have easily killed not just the driver but also the wife and child (who some probably didn't even know were in the car) not to mention bystanders. Because I'm sure at least one of those bikers was something less than a great marksman. Especially considering the circumstances.

So maybe it's best no guns were involved. Food for thought.
Cesium Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #41
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Drives: 13 FRS -399lb, 11 335is, 05 Tiburon
Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,765 Posts
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Yeah, I remember one time I was riding my sport bike on the local track, and this exact thing happened. Oh wait...

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:
Gixxersixxerman (10-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #42
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
how come there were like 0 cars on the highway? Where the hell am I with this kind of traffic?
Was there a report on how many bikers there were total?
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote