follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 09-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #771
Prog

Drives: 2016 Cadillac CTS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco2355 View Post
Not in BR but my boy Rory does them down here in NOLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
That's a little too far since I don't feel like waiting around at someone's shop for hours. It would need to be in Baton Rouge...or I guess Houma.
Prog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #772
Prog

In addition to my last question - and I know this one is a long shot - is there an official installer in the area for OEM audio plus?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #773
SubiePig

Drives: -'02 PSM WRX, '94 Miata, '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Anyone doing the autocross event at NOLA on December 1st? I wasn't planning on getting into autocross just yet, but shit... $40!? I'm used to track days that are $200+

Anyone autocrossed there before?
I will be there as always. UNICRN will probably be as well.

Sponsered by:Chasebays/Corr Performance Tuning/KartBoy/Bad Panda Motorsports/Racer-X Fabrication
STX Build thread 14th/67 SCCA Nationals (2014)
SubiePig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SubiePig For This Useful Post:
UNICRN (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #774
SubiePig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog View Post
In addition to my last question - and I know this one is a long shot - is there an official installer in the area for OEM audio plus?
Looks like All Star Scion in Baton Rouge is a installer.

Sponsered by:Chasebays/Corr Performance Tuning/KartBoy/Bad Panda Motorsports/Racer-X Fabrication
Prog (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #775
UNICRN
<3 Tory Burch <3

Drives: M/T 10 Series #0039
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubiePig View Post
Hopefully there will be no more "not really in the Race car mood" from you sir. BTW did I mention that I hate slaloms with a passion? I think after jared gave me pointers I started over thinking them!
UNICRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #776
SubiePig

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNICRN View Post
Hopefully there will be no more "not really in the Race car mood" from you sir. BTW did I mention that I hate slaloms with a passion? I think after jared gave me pointers I started over thinking them!
brake, turn it, gas, brake, turn in, gas, repeats as needed.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #777
Prog

Quote:
Looks like All Star Scion in Baton Rouge is a installer.
Nice! I wonder if they'll install on a BRZ...

Don't even have the car yet, but I wasn't super impressed by the audio when I tested it out at the dealership. More worried about the lack of physical buttons right now though.

Edit: http://www.bmgrafix.com/ Looks like this place installs Xpel clear bras and does window tinting. Anyone have experience with them?

Last edited by Prog; 09-24-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #778
ShutterSpeed

Drives: Olive Drab/Army FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
opinions on what should be the next mod? preordered my tomei exhaust on saturday and trying to get something else done for wekfest if my registration gets accepted. thoughts?
Old 09-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #779
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Drives: 13 FRS -399lb, 11 335is, 05 Tiburon
Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,765 Posts
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Cool. No idea yet if I'll actually go or not, but it's almost guaranteed that I'll attend at least one autocross event in the near future. It's too cheap not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNICRN View Post
Slaloms? Is that part of the course, or is there a separate slalom course on the pad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterSpeed View Post
opinions on what should be the next mod? preordered my tomei exhaust on saturday and trying to get something else done for wekfest if my registration gets accepted. thoughts?
Hell yeah, I'll be getting the Tomei exhaust too! Do you have headers, an over pipe, and a front pipe yet? That seems like the obvious next step if not. Then a tune so you can actually make use of all that fancy piping. Despite all the shit talk, I'm going with Borla headers since they're the lightest available right now. Seems kind of silly to get a titanium exhaust with heavy headers. If anything, it makes more sense to get light headers and a heavy exhaust. Balance.

Another autocross related question... how bad do the cones tear up your body panels if you hit them full force? I think my girlfriend would enjoy autocross, but I don't want to hand her the keys and her come back with shit dangling off the car on all sides. It's fine if I do that, but not anyone else.

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #780
SubiePig

Quote:
Cool. No idea yet if I'll actually go or not, but it's almost guaranteed that I'll attend at least one autocross event in the near future. It's too cheap not to.

Slaloms? Is that part of the course, or is there a separate slalom course on the pad?

Hell yeah, I'll be getting the Tomei exhaust too! Do you have headers, an over pipe, and a front pipe yet? That seems like the obvious next step if not. Then a tune so you can actually make use of all that fancy piping. Despite all the shit talk, I'm going with Borla headers since they're the lightest available right now. Seems kind of silly to get a titanium exhaust with heavy headers. If anything, it makes more sense to get light headers and a heavy exhaust. Balance.

Another autocross related question... how bad do the cones tear up your body panels if you hit them full force? I think my girlfriend would enjoy autocross, but I don't want to hand her the keys and her come back with shit dangling off the car on all sides. It's fine if I do that, but not anyone else.
I wasn't going to quote the whole darn thing but its its all relevant to what I was going to post about. :3

Some coursed will have slaloms or gates that are offset between corners I will post an example course map.

I am going to be getting the Tomei as well! I can't wait till one of you gets it so I can hear how is sounds. My main concern right now is sticking to STX autocross rules and getting the most power for the money as I go so I will be doing headers before I get the Tomei but its defiantly on my build list.

As for cone scuffs. I have never had a cone mark that I couldn't buff out with a little wash and in extreme cases a little wax. I have a Miata that was strictly a trailered autox car for the past 8 years, and autocrossed since off the lot in '93 by my family, and there's very few battles scars.

Anthony (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #781
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Awesome! Yeah, I give not a shit about scuffs, I just don't want someone else to rip the body to pieces. I'd prefer not to do it myself either, but someone else tearing up my car is unacceptable. If scuffs are the biggest of my worries, I'll definitely let her give it a go.

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #782
ShutterSpeed

Drives: Olive Drab/Army FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
no this will be the first piece of my system. but plans are to have the whole thing Tomei. The front pipe is out so that may come soon, but waiting on them to release the over pipe and header still.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #783
Sco2355

Drives: FR-S
Garage
I've wanted the Tomei exhaust since I first saw it. I love their products. I just want to hear the damn thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Sco2355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #784
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterSpeed View Post
no this will be the first piece of my system. but plans are to have the whole thing Tomei. The front pipe is out so that may come soon, but waiting on them to release the over pipe and header still.
Judging by the prototype they had on their website, the headers are going to be steel and heavy.