follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #253
bear89103
Old Fart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0ob_do0D View Post
I'm not necessarily pushing for a "merge"...but I've gone to every one of these MR2 meets with a buddy who has a couple of them:

http://m.facebook.com/InlandEmpireMr2Meets

They, too, are trying to do what we are and get their IE members together. The meets so far have been in Chino, Ontario, and Riverside.

I took my car to the first two, then decided to help my buddy by driving one of his to the last one. Big mistake...3 FR-S's showed up and I felt so left out. Everyone was like "where's your car??" lol

SUPER cool crowd who have the same expectations we do (no revving/racing/burnouts/etc...). Not at all like the Honda crowd...no offense to anyone, but like DesertFRS says, we all know what that means.

Just throwing it out there for whoever wants to keep an eye on the facebook page for future meets.

Plus! They REALLY REALLY like our cars and ask lots of questions

Hope to see some of you at the next one!

I think having one major ie group is awesome. I love meeting with @DAMotorsports and @DesertFrs. I also think for convenience sake, we need to do something like ie region meets as well.

Here's what I'm proposing... What if we meet once a month for full IE meet. And we have once a week or once every two weeks regional IE meets. We establish regions like desert, chino valley, riverside/mo Val, etc. and we rotate the full IE meet to each regions location. So like August is at where desert region usually meets. September will be where Chino valley region usually meets, so on and so forth.

And for organization, we establish ambassadors for each region that are in charge of "hosting" and "member coordination". These ambassadors would keep in contact with one another to make sure the full ie meet is well attended.

What do you guys think?
bear89103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #254
Sc0ob_do0D

Drives: '13 WRB Lmtd 6MT
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
^ Sounds great!
Sc0ob_do0D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sc0ob_do0D For This Useful Post:
bear89103 (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #255
DAMotorsports
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS "Raven"
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
I think having one major ie group is awesome. I love meeting with @DAMotorsports and @DesertFrs. I also think for convenience sake, we need to do something like ie region meets as well.

Here's what I'm proposing... What if we meet once a month for full IE meet. And we have once a week or once every two weeks regional IE meets. We establish regions like desert, chino valley, riverside/mo Val, etc. and we rotate the full IE meet to each regions location. So like August is at where desert region usually meets. September will be where Chino valley region usually meets, so on and so forth.

And for organization, we establish ambassadors for each region that are in charge of "hosting" and "member coordination". These ambassadors would keep in contact with one another to make sure the full ie meet is well attended.

What do you guys think?
Sounds like a good idea but here is what we are thinking, yes people will show up to their regional meets but will maybe hesitate to make it to the Desert meets because its too far away, just an example. Def not trying to offend anyone or generalize but if you think about it it's true. Thats why it was set up as a biweekly meet that way people could adjust their schedules and make the meets. Now, we r not trying to be tyrants and saying u guys cant meet up with fellow IE members, just try to consider keeping the one big meet in a central location that offsets the drive to accommodate everyone.

**That being said, who wants to get together this Saturday? We have been in contact with @DesertFrs and as of right now the Rim of the World cruise will have to be postponed to a later date.
DAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #256
ShoGun

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
add me as well

Rancho Cucamonga area. Is there a way to tag everyone when a meet is organized?

2013 Subaru BRZ - SWP - 6MT
ShoGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #257
DAMotorsports
Banned

@ShoGun added and welcome.

I will tag everyone as meets are set.
The Following User Says Thank You to DAMotorsports For This Useful Post:
ShoGun (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #258
bear89103
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMotorsports View Post
Sounds like a good idea but here is what we are thinking, yes people will show up to their regional meets but will maybe hesitate to make it to the Desert meets because its too far away, just an example. Def not trying to offend anyone or generalize but if you think about it it's true. Thats why it was set up as a biweekly meet that way people could adjust their schedules and make the meets. Now, we r not trying to be tyrants and saying u guys cant meet up with fellow IE members, just try to consider keeping the one big meet in a central location that offsets the drive to accommodate everyone.

**That being said, who wants to get together this Saturday? We have been in contact with @DesertFrs and as of right now the Rim of the World cruise will have to be postponed to a later date.
I definitely agree with you about the distances. That's why I was talking about making it rotate to each location and secondly also having ambassadors that would promote the enthusiasm of the larger meet and why it's important to all get together.

But I get that it might be more a fantasy than a reality that it would work. I'm open to scrapping the idea. Just throwing it out there.

As for this sat., my car is still at Longo Toyota. :-(. They scratched the front when doing an oil change. They said it would take four days. Then yesterday they said they need to replace the entire bumper because they would have problems painting that one area only. So I won't have my car until wed. I'm driving a frickin' yaris rental right now.

I can make it next sat. Not this sat.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #259
DAMotorsports
Banned

@DesertFrs @agonzales03 @IShouldStudy @ft86me @JohnnyP @aced86 @JUNO @PT-BRZ @NSX2NV @Sc0ob_do0D @EricBRZ @jflogerzi @evilconcarne999 @Re_Invention @davidshu0327 @Sithspawn @BRZ @bear89103 @y2janz2 @MsMoniKat @ironsurfer129 @ImperiousRex @TJ3000 @Amir Ghadiri @ft86me @Inersha @ShoGun

How does In n Out n 1944 S. Tippecanoe San Bernardino this saturday starting around 8:30pm to when everyone wants to leave, sounds to everyone?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #260
DAMotorsports
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
I definitely agree with you about the distances. That's why I was talking about making it rotate to each location and secondly also having ambassadors that would promote the enthusiasm of the larger meet and why it's important to all get together.

But I get that it might be more a fantasy than a reality that it would work. I'm open to scrapping the idea. Just throwing it out there.

As for this sat., my car is still at Longo Toyota. :-(. They scratched the front when doing an oil change. They said it would take four days. Then yesterday they said they need to replace the entire bumper because they would have problems painting that one area only. So I won't have my car until wed. I'm driving a frickin' yaris rental right now.

I can make it next sat. Not this sat.

dam that sucks bud come rock the rental car. if they are replacing the bumper then y not ask to get the car back until the new one is ready
Old 07-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #261
bear89103
Old Fart

Quote:
dam that sucks bud come rock the rental car. if they are replacing the bumper then y not ask to get the car back until the new one is ready
Haha. The yaris sucks hardcore man. You know how we say the twins have no pull. This thing is as fast as a fat kid on roller skates going uphill. Lol. I might still come by. Maybe I'll see if @NSX2NV is going and maybe catch a ride with him.

I asked them about getting it back. They gave me a lame excuse that the bumper is already off and they can't release the car to me like that.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #262
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
@DesertFrs @agonzales03 @IShouldStudy @ft86me @JohnnyP @aced86 @JUNO @PT-BRZ @NSX2NV @Sc0ob_do0D @EricBRZ @jflogerzi @evilconcarne999 @Re_Invention @davidshu0327 @Sithspawn @BRZ @bear89103 @y2janz2 @MsMoniKat @ironsurfer129 @ImperiousRex @TJ3000 @Amir Ghadiri @ft86me @Inersha @ShoGun

How does In n Out n 1944 S. Tippecanoe San Bernardino this saturday starting around 8:30pm to when everyone wants to leave, sounds to everyone?
I might actually make this. So long as I don't get dragged out to other things by my buddies. Sucks that I have to roll in my Hyundai =(
Old 07-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #263
DAMotorsports
Banned

@Neekowahhhh its all good bud just come hangout and say hi. We have the AVO kit on going to make a few adjustments. If we are lucky our exhaust will be on.
@bear89103 we know how it feels to be without our girl. Maybe u'll get her back in time. If not we will get your intake on ASAP. Either way come hang out
Old 07-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #264
ImperiousRex
Track Junkie

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 S2000
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to Buttonwillow for a track event on Sunday but if I don't I should be able to make this. Thanks for the heads up!
ImperiousRex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ImperiousRex For This Useful Post:
DAMotorsports (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #265
Sc0ob_do0D

Drives: '13 WRB Lmtd 6MT
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
I might go to the OC Fair tomorrow but, if not, I'll totally be there
Sc0ob_do0D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #266
MsMoniKat
Deadpool

Drives: 2013 DeadPool
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
I'll have to see what we're up to, tomorrow - probably mischief and mayhem, but keep us posted if this is truly going down as we may come up in the filth monster - supposed to rain Monday so not sure if I wanna wash her yet.
MsMoniKat is offline   Reply With Quote