follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Chopstick

Drives: Black BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPC rear camber arm question

I just installed my spc rear camber arms on the car. It seems to have given me too much toe in. My alignment was 1/16 toe-in the rear per side. It looks like it at least doubled the toe in. The SPC kit also comes with toe link bushings. Do I need to install these, or is there enough factory toe adjustment for me to get the toe back to 1/16 toe in per side when I get an alignemnt?

Thanks in advance
Chopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
The question isn't whether or not there's enough adjustment range, it's whether or not you can keep your desired camber AND get the toe where you want it TOO. The answer will present itself when you go for the alignment - toe kills tires so I'd want one done sooner rather than later.

My experience: even with the offset bushings installed into stock toe arms, I was unable to get camber AND toe where I wanted.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
MyRx (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
oaroyale

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have -1.5 at the rear and I don't need to use the toe bushing to dial the toe back to zero.
oaroyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:16 AM   #4
jibai

Drives: frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
I just installed my spc rear camber arms on the car. It seems to have given me too much toe in. My alignment was 1/16 toe-in the rear per side. It looks like it at least doubled the toe in. The SPC kit also comes with toe link bushings. Do I need to install these, or is there enough factory toe adjustment for me to get the toe back to 1/16 toe in per side when I get an alignemnt?

Thanks in advance
Any updates on this?
jibai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
garfull

Drives: FRS(sold), AP2, R35, FJC, ED9
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
how much camber are you running. 1/16 toe is well within factory adjustment. when i put in my lca it looked like i could add or take out up to 1/2 of toe out on the factory adjustment
garfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #6
Chopstick

I went and got an alignment last week. Seems like depending on how low you are you don't need the toe bushings at all. I think I'm at -1.8 rear with 0 toe. You probably wont need them unless you are slammed.
Chopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chopstick For This Useful Post:
jibai (06-05-2014)
Old 06-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #7
NissanGuy

Drives: Strangely.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
When I did mine I found that the range is pretty generous given that I didn't install the bushings.

I set my rear camber to -50 minutes and the toe adjustment was maxed out to 4 minutes positive toe. But, that was over 1 degree camber less than I had stock. If you're radically changing your camber settings like I did, the bushing might be needed. Way I see it, if you need the bushing you're changing too much though.

What numbers did the car have stock, and what are you aiming for?

OT: Does anyone else find these control arms terrifyingly chintzy? I'm waiting for the bolt to slip and my alignment to go like a million degrees out of spec.
NissanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote