View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
NonStopTuning

Drives: AE86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJuan View Post
Well, I tried. I got the crank and water pump pulleys on, and they're working fantastically! I'll get a video up soon.

Directions
I used this pdf from RallySportDirect and Perrin for installing the accessory pulleys. These install and warning threads helped me with crank pulley installation.

Install Process
I lack an impact wrench or strap wrench for the alternator pulley bolt(24mm), so I still have the stock one on. The crank bolt (22mm) was on there really tight, and took quite a long breaker bar to get off. The water pump pulley bolts are easy enough to remove with a regular ratchet and a 10mm socket. I also accidentally removed the o-ring with the stock crank pulley, and installed my NST crank pulley before I noticed. This pulley is machined very tight, and it was a fight to get it off. I used a bit of Liquid Wrench silicone spray lube and a screwdriver as a lever to get the NST pulley off the crank spacer. with that accomplished, I replaced the stock o-ring, and all was right.

Review
The engine seems to spin up a bit more freely when blipping the throttle during a downshift. I thought I noticed a new noise, and checked the intake system, noting nothing wrong. I'll keep an eye on the pulleys for any abnormalities.

Really glad to hear you like your crank and water pump pulleys. The alternator swap is much easier with an impact, or some legitimate way to keep the alternator pulley from spinning.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote